Brest Railway Museum, Belarus Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, Ian, remember that thread on Failpage Australia we discussed last night about that tiny lick of paint on T 413? How it had over fifty posts?

The thread has nearly doubled since we discussed it! :| :crack:

Oh God, I accidentally went into the Euro 2008 thread instead of here.

I thought the thread had suddenly taken over, I was so scared :sad:

Have he and the masturbating bear hooked up yet?
The horny manatee is a GIRL!

One night on Late Night with Conan O'Brien, they did some sketch about university mascots, and one of them was some Florida Manatee coed, dancing dirty on a webcam (I don't even remember the context of the original joke) and Conan ad-libbed that it was on 'hornymanatee.com'. Well, legally, because he mentioned a website that didn't actually exist (yet) on the show, NBC had to purchase the domain name. So the show decided to make the most the site which they now owned, by turning it into an actual Horny Manatee site.

I'm hoping that half of the replies are in favour of common sense.

It descends into personal attack hilarity! And numerous comments about how the extended handrails need to be ripped off as well. God. There's at least a couple of people holding the fort for the sane people of the world.

One night on Late Night with Conan O'Brien, they did some sketch about university mascots, and one of them was some Florida Manatee coed, dancing dirty on a webcam (I don't even remember the context of the original joke) and Conan ad-libbed that it was on 'hornymanatee.com'. Well, legally, because he mentioned a website that didn't actually exist (yet) on the show, NBC had to purchase the domain name. So the show decided to make the most the site which they now owned, by turning it into an actual Horny Manatee site.

:lmao: That's hilariously awesome.

It descends into personal attack hilarity! And numerous comments about how the extended handrails need to be ripped off as well. God. There's at least a couple of people holding the fort for the sane people of the world.

That's Interference level ridiculous

I'm trying to find a picture of the locomotive in question to explain this story to you guys. It makes Interference look sane.

Actually Pfan is trying to say it isn't a gay rights issue when it is. To answer your question, it depends because you said a boy is a boy and a girl is a girl. If they share that limited view than yes they would be narrow-minded as well.

I haven't run from anything. I have answered all your questions and give you my answers. Just because you don't like the answers doesn't mean I am running away. As usual you try to end a discussion by insulting me.

Right, but I've never discounted homosexuality out of the conversation. DOL summed it up perfectly in her response a page or two back as well. I know a few gay people myself, I would never judge them based on that. Most of them are good people. Finding yourself and all of that is totally fine, I'm not disagreeing with that either, but to unnaturally alter yourself to become that gender is, in fact, wrong in my opinion. I don't see how it's different from plastic surgery, in that regard. Both deal with wanting to change what's previously on your body unnaturally to something you think would be more "you." You will discount this because it doesn't relate to "basic human freedom," but that's okay, I am used to that as well.

Here's the rub. I wouldn't mind your answers if they weren't presented in a ridiculous fashion. Preaching to me about the ways of life, when you are 3 years older than me, mind you, really does a lot to help your case. Plus, I think you insulted me first by calling me "narrow-minded," even if you tried to watch your words. I'm always willing to agree to disagree with anybody, even if our opinions are radically different, but when someone, such as yourself, presents them in such a half-assed, bullshit manner that makes it impossible to actually debate, then it surpasses the conversation itself. Instead of it being about the issue, it becomes something like this - insults going back and forth. To be perfectly honest with you, the day you stop moping around with this "woe is me, everyone is against me. No one listens" mentality, will be the day I stop insulting you. It's bullshit to say no one has ever tried to help you out, especially the members within this thread, but when you disregard everything because it's "how it is" or "no one understands," then fuck it, it's not worth it. It's a lost cause. You're not a lost cause, you're a human being. And if you practice what you preach, then you should be looking to improve yourself, by yourself, not expect everyone to help like some charity case.

This may have been unwarranted or rude, but hey, it's been on my chest for a while and I think it needed to be said. Like I said before, you're a good guy, Screw, I wish the best for you. I mean this with absolute honesty. No bullshit. But please, for your own good, get your head out of your ass.

Good night.

:wave: Night, Screws.

I'll be leaving soon myself, but not just yet.

I see Pfan passed out before he could give me a final rating on my DI list. :waiting: Oh well, he seemed to dig it there for a while.

Have SHE and the masturbating bear hooked up?
No, I guess the masturbating bear is too busy masturbating.

But man... I love the randomness of some of the other Late Night 'characters'.

Like the following:

Cactus Chef Playing Billy Joel's 'We Didn't Start The Fire' On A Piccolo
Oscillating Air Purifier That Looks Like Slash
Screeching Raccoon With A Jet Pack

....but I don't think the Screeching Raccoon With A Jet Pack is gonna be on there anymore, 'cause Conan shot it down in a sketch back when Nasa was trying to shoot down that falling spy satellite.... or rather, he tried unsuccessfully to shoot it down with a number of weapons, then finally used scissors to cut the string it was hanging from :lol:

Here we go. This is T 413. It was withdrawn from regular service in December 1987 and purchased by a preservation society. However, this society has leased it back into regular operations due to a motive power shortage.

The society has preserved the locomotive in the traditional Victorian Railways' royal blue and yellow. HOWEVER, due to modern safety regulations, they have had to add handrails along the side of the locomotive that it never had prior to December 1987. Nobody is arguing about that, as it would not be allowed to run on the network without these handrails.

What they ARE arguing about is that 1. the handrails are painted bright yellow rather than a colour that obscures them or causes them to blend in with the loco, and 2. the locomotive's owners going above and beyond safety requirements by adding some reflective paint to the bottom front of the locomotive, the diagonal black and white stripes.

See:

2153171660103665438S600x600Q85.jpg

According to some people, those handrails and that tiny bit of paint DESTROY the locomotive's heritage value, they wonder what the point of even preserving it like this is, and they feel the need to flamewar about it with people telling them to get a grip on reality and worry about more important things.

:crack: :crack: :crack:

No, I guess the masturbating bear is too busy masturbating.

But man... I love the randomness of some of the other Late Night 'characters'.

Like the following:

Cactus Chef Playing Billy Joel's 'We Didn't Start The Fire' On A Piccolo
Oscillating Air Purifier That Looks Like Slash
Screeching Raccoon With A Jet Pack

....but I don't think the Screeching Raccoon With A Jet Pack is gonna be on there anymore, 'cause Conan shot it down in a sketch back when Nasa was trying to shoot down that falling spy satellite.... or rather, he tried unsuccessfully to shoot it down with a number of weapons, then finally used scissors to cut the string it was hanging from :lol:

Shit, that just makes me regret more and more that Conan's gonna get tamed in the fall

Here we go. This is T 413. It was withdrawn from regular service in December 1987 and purchased by a preservation society. However, this society has leased it back into regular operations due to a motive power shortage.

The society has preserved the locomotive in the traditional Victorian Railways' royal blue and yellow. HOWEVER, due to modern safety regulations, they have had to add handrails along the side of the locomotive that it never had prior to December 1987. Nobody is arguing about that, as it would not be allowed to run on the network without these handrails.

What they ARE arguing about is that 1. the handrails are painted bright yellow rather than a colour that obscures them and causes them to blend in with the loco, and 2. the locomotive's owners going above and beyond safety requirements by adding some reflective paint to the bottom front of the locomotive, the diagonal black and white stripes.

See:

2153171660103665438S600x600Q85.jpg

According to some people, those handrails and that tiny bit of paint DESTROY the locomotive's heritage value, they wonder what the point of even preserving it like this is, and they feel the need to flamewar about it with people telling them to get a grip on reality and worry about more important things.

:crack: :crack: :crack:

I don't know Ax, if it has some historical significance, should it really be tampered with :hmm:

:wink:

Right, but I've never discounted homosexuality out of the conversation. DOL summed it up perfectly in her response a page or two back as well. I know a few gay people myself, I would never judge them based on that. Most of them are good people. Finding yourself and all of that is totally fine, I'm not disagreeing with that either, but to unnaturally alter yourself to become that gender is, in fact, wrong in my opinion. I don't see how it's different from plastic surgery, in that regard. Both deal with wanting to change what's previously on your body unnaturally to something you think would be more "you." You will discount this because it doesn't relate to "basic human freedom," but that's okay, I am used to that as well.

Here's the rub. I wouldn't mind your answers if they weren't presented in a ridiculous fashion. Preaching to me about the ways of life, when you are 3 years older than me, mind you, really does a lot to help your case. Plus, I think you insulted me first by calling me "narrow-minded," even if you tried to watch your words. I'm always willing to agree to disagree with anybody, even if our opinions are radically different, but when someone, such as yourself, presents them in such a half-assed, bullshit manner that makes it impossible to actually debate, then it surpasses the conversation itself. Instead of it being about the issue, it becomes something like this - insults going back and forth. To be perfectly honest with you, the day you stop moping around with this "woe is me, everyone is against me. No one listens" mentality, will be the day I stop insulting you. It's bullshit to say no one has ever tried to help you out, especially the members within this thread, but when you disregard everything because it's "how it is" or "no one understands," then fuck it, it's not worth it. It's a lost cause. You're not a lost cause, you're a human being. And if you practice what you preach, then you should be looking to improve yourself, by yourself, not expect everyone to help like some charity case.

This may have been unwarranted or rude, but hey, it's been on my chest for a while and I think it needed to be said. Like I said before, you're a good guy, Screw, I wish the best for you. I mean this with absolute honesty. No bullshit. But please, for your own good, get your head out of your ass.

Good night.

Well fucking done, man. I would have said it a bit more sharply and with more humor but, as you said, this post wasn't for bullshitting.

LMP, if you weren't underage, I'd reward you handsomely for that post :sexywink:

Also, thank you for referencing my previous post, I was worrying it had gotten completely ignored.

Also regarding Screwtape being older than you, it must be said that I'm older than all you bitches. *hobbles away on her cane*

Well fucking done, man. I would have said it a bit more sharply and with more humor but, as you said, this post wasn't for bullshitting.

By using the word "bullshit" more than 3 times, I hope it worked. I'll use a thesaurus next time.

Thanks DOL, I'll keep that in mind. Your post was too well-written to be ignored, at least by someone who knows how to read.

Alright, I'm off to sleep, guys. Good night. :wave:

LMP, if you weren't underage, I'd reward you handsomely for that post :sexywink:

Also, thank you for referencing my previous post, I was worrying it had gotten completely ignored.

Also regarding Screwtape being older than you, it must be said that I'm older than all you bitches. *hobbles away on her cane*

im older than you bitch . its taken 28 years to find and be comfortable with myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom