Brest Railway Museum, Belarus Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On "#9 Dream" right now, really liking the vibe of the second half. Putting a White Stripes track in the bounds of a "soundscape" could've collapsed the very fabric of Space-Time itself, but it didn't.

Please note the usage of distorted slide guitar and jangly melodies in both Heaven Or Las Vegas and #9 Dream. That's an awesome segue.

Something about Whalers :huh:

Oh, that'll be rough then. The gig won't start until 3am to fit their work schedule!

I like solo Ashcroft better then the Verve :reject:

I couldn't stand his latest solo album. It seemed like piss-poor watered down adult contemporary bollocks. Music Is Power? No, Music Is Shit, or at least when it's Ashcroft without McCabe.

Please note the usage of distorted slide guitar and jangly melodies in both Heaven Or Las Vegas and #9 Dream. That's an awesome segue.

Indeed it was.

You know what, I absolutely love Yoshimi, but that album is designed to fuck up mixtapes.

I would say "I suppose it's the only way the Rabbitohs will ever get any points", but I honestly don't know who the current shittiest team in the NRL is.

It was easily the Bunrabs until they beat the Warriors. Since then they beat the Gold Coast 24-23 and the Cowboys 29-28.

The Cowboys are presently the worst team in the league by a significant margin.

They blew a 28-4 lead against the Bunnies last night - the equal second biggest comeback in NRL history.

Indeed it was.

You know what, I absolutely love Yoshimi, but that album is designed to fuck up mixtapes.

So you didn't like the segue? Man, I think it works perfectly. The opening guitar line is ever so slightly jarring, but the rest fits in like a glove.

Okay, I lied about The Pretty Things track. It fucking kicks ass when it starts to rock.

Oh, that'll be rough then. The gig won't start until 3am to fit their work schedule!

I couldn't stand his latest solo album. It seemed like piss-poor watered down adult contemporary bollocks. Music Is Power? No, Music Is Shit, or at least when it's Ashcroft without McCabe.

Shit that's late, maybe I should sell my ticket to someone in PLEBA, they might buy it (see what I did there? :wink: )

To be fair, I've only really heard a few songs by each, and one of the Verve ones is over course bittersweet symphony, but the other is their new single :no:

:angry: I was using the term 'classy' sarcastically there. We classy whores wear much nicer shoes than that. Typically solid black boots, or nice red pumps.

Whatever, excuses excuses

It was easily the Bunrabs until they beat the Warriors. Since then they beat the Gold Coast 24-23 and the Cowboys 29-28.

The Cowboys are presently the worst team in the league by a significant margin.

They blew a 28-4 lead against the Bunnies last night - the equal second biggest comeback in NRL history.

Oh, so the Cowboys have gone back to being shit then? I couldn't get used to the idea of them as finalists, since I'm too accustomed to them being total rubbish.

He did his best in a bad situation. There's been worse before.

It's one of those songs I love enough for it not to matter. It's not one of the worst offenders off of that album, that's for sure. I'm looking at you "Fight Test."

Shit that's late, maybe I should sell my ticket to someone in PLEBA, they might buy it (see what I did there? :wink: )

Yeah, though they might think you're insulting them when you mention they have to go to the Kunstmuseum to see the gig.

To be fair, I've only really heard a few songs by each, and one of the Verve ones is over course bittersweet symphony, but the other is their new single :no:

The new single is TERRIBLE. Ugh. And not at all reflective of any of the band's earlier output.

The second half technically starts right after this one. I put it dead center as an intermission of sorts, or palate cleanser.

Any time you can relate music to sorbet, you should.

King Crimson, yes! If only most prog was like this, I'd listen to more of it.

Oh, so the Cowboys have gone back to being shit then? I couldn't get used to the idea of them as finalists, since I'm too accustomed to them being total rubbish.

Yeah. Those few years when they were alright didn't quite feel good.

They were headed for a fall though, they finished 3rd last year with one of the worst points differentials in the competition. When they could no longer jag the close wins they were always fucked.

I'm scared about the Rabbitohs. They look kinda good now, even if it was just three ordinary teams they defeated.

You've never seen Pretty Woman, have you?

Well, neither have I as I despise Julia Roberts.

You and me out in the parking lot. You can bring Chass with you.

Jesus, first John Mellencamp, now Julia Roberts :throwshandsupindisgust:

King Crimson, yes! If only most prog was like this, I'd listen to more of it.

See, I'm not so into King Crimson. Too often the vocals just aren't that good, or there are these pointless lengthy passages that sound nearly silent even on headphones.

That said, Red's a fucking awesome album and 21st Century Schizoid Man is insanely good in more ways than one.

See, I'm not so into King Crimson. Too often the vocals just aren't that good, or there are these pointless lengthy passages that sound nearly silent even on headphones.

That said, Red's a fucking awesome album and 21st Century Schizoid Man is insanely good in more ways than one.

I don't think we're listening to the same band.

Then you made up for it with the second line. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom