Brest, Belarus Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to know what gig is actually happening! Is Liam Finn's show on the 18th somehow a matinee show ...? I'm tempted to ring the Workers and find out why they list a different gig to the one Moshtix is selling.

I've sent an e-mail to the person listed for band inquiries at the Workers, so let's find out who's actually playing on the 18th! :lol:

I really do want to go to that free Alpine gig on the 19th ... the supports are quite good too.

That was a very quick response! Liam Finn IS playing on the 18th at the Workers.

So now I'm faced with a difficult decision. We've got 2 tickets to the show on the 19th ... do we go? The Corner show IS full band, unlike the Workers gig, but then there's the Alpine factor. Danny, I could totally sell you one of the tickets if you want to take this chick.

:hmm: I'll get back to you... catching up with her tomorrow.

Sweet, let me know. If we can find buyers for our two tickets, I think we'll go to the Workers show instead.

We'd love to catch up with you though, if you wanted to meet for drinks beforehand on the 19th or anything.

Yeah sounds cool. I'm working in Ballan that day, but I finish at 4, so I'll drive home get changed and meet youz for drinks or food at like 6 or 7.

Yeah sounds cool. I'm working in Ballan that day, but I finish at 4, so I'll drive home get changed and meet youz for drinks or food at like 6 or 7.

Sweet, we're good for that no matter what gig we end up going to!

Maybe Bonnie can get off her Radelaide ass, shotgun a can of Heineken, eat some pizza/poutine, get in the car, blast tuf for eight hours and meet us there.

Probably not, though

Russian Circles at the East Brunswick Club the night before their Corner gig? YES PLEASE.

You up for Russian Circles awesomeness two nights in a row, Alison? Because we sure as hell are.

They're also supporting Monster Magnet at the Palace on the 16th of September ... sorely tempted. This EBC gig seems to have taken the place of that mystery Tote show.

Wow. So that's the 7th and the 8th of Sept? My plane lands at 9am or something on the 7th... I am very tempted nonetheless! I could just sleep during the day and play merry hell with my body clock... *L*

AX!! any good free gigs on in the city/st kilda tonight?

Good AND free? Not that I know of! Hell, I don't even know of any good but not-free gigs tonight. Tomorrow I could sort you out for good and cheap!

Any word re: Liam Finn? Though I suspect we will be going at this rate.

Ashley, don't say I never do anything nice for you kids.

Hey, Wezza Daniel, I see your favourite man Paul Dempsey is playing the Corner on 23/10. As it happens, I'm just about to give Everything Is True a play too.

He's terrific. Mixes SFK stuff with his solo work, and he's really entertaining in between songs. More details on your thoughts on the album pls

Well I admit I didn't give it the closest listen because I was also making lunch and things at the same time. And I don't know, for this kind of thing I struggle to form meaningfully articulated first impressions. I think it may've tapered off a little in the second half but was generally good. Out the Airlock still stands strongly out to me, and had the advantage of familiarity over the rest of the album; I also found Great Optimist particularly notable ... really, I think the only track I didn't like so much on first listen was Have You Ever Fallen Out Of Love.

3.5/5 on first listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom