Breaky Bottom, East Sussex, England Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, that's really lame!

If I do decide to come to Europe, I'm lucky that plenty of gigs should happen in my winter holidays ... though I was kind of planning to go to New Zealand then.

I still need to see how expensive this will be, though. I imagine cost might make it too hard.

I will still be free during July, but it's just not the same feeling, you know. I might try to make it to Dublin then, which I was planning anyways, but it will be hard as hell to get tickets.

If Spain doesn't happen, my new plan would be to go to both Paris dates, as many Dublin shows as possible, possibly Amsterdam if they play three nights there (for the third night setlist) maybe Nice or Zurich. It will depend a lot on which shows fall on fridays/weekends as it will be hard for me to take to many days off during the week.

Edit: Ax, not sure if you know www.easyjet.com, but you can get cheap internal flights there if you buy in advance.

If you're off in July, come to Amsterdam or to our huge Inteference Dublin party! :wave:

I will try both. I tried Amsterdam last time around but didn't get tickets. We'll see how it goes.

Btw, should I get a u2.com subscription for pre-sale codes?

So, anyone want to join me in affirming Cedars of Lebanon as the best track U2 have written this decade? (although, the rest of the album come very, very close to it)

So, anyone want to join me in affirming Cedars of Lebanon as the best track U2 have written this decade? (although, the rest of the album come very, very close to it)

I loved Cedars, but Fez and MOS are up there for me.

Nah. I think WAS is a bit better, as the closest comparison to it on the album. It's still good, though.

But I agree with Renato, MOS and Fez are the two best tracks on it, to me. Which is good, because that's what I was expecting from those little clips.

I've got to say Fez and WAS are ahead of it.

But it's a damn fine song. It's in my top four favourite tracks from NLOTH at this early juncture.

Psst, GG2 has been wanting to talk to you about food!

I loved Cedars, but Fez and MOS are up there for me.

I liked FEZ, but not Being Born. :hmm:

Thus far, the only weak tracks for me are White As Snow and Being Born - everything else is Magnificent, to use a joke I'm sure everyone's been using.

Fez-Being Born has this sort of rush once it kicks in that is fabulous. Sort of like the feeling I have when listening to Wire.

Edit: sorry GG!!

Edit2: I am using Fez as short notation for the whole song...

Nah. I think WAS is a bit better, as the closest comparison to it on the album. It's still good, though.

But I agree with Renato, MOS and Fez are the two best tracks on it, to me. Which is good, because that's what I was expecting from those little clips.

I liked FEZ, but not Being Born. :hmm:

Thus far, the only weak tracks for me are White As Snow and Being Born - everything else is Magnificent, to use a joke I'm sure everyone's been using.

Actually, scrap that, I did like WAS. *mental blank*

And Breathe probably the most interesting song on the album, just for the unusual time signature and the general styling of the song, eh?

I will still be free during July, but it's just not the same feeling, you know. I might try to make it to Dublin then, which I was planning anyways, but it will be hard as hell to get tickets.

If Spain doesn't happen, my new plan would be to go to both Paris dates, as many Dublin shows as possible, possibly Amsterdam if they play three nights there (for the third night setlist) maybe Nice or Zurich. It will depend a lot on which shows fall on fridays/weekends as it will be hard for me to take to many days off during the week.

Edit: Ax, not sure if you know Cheap flights to Spain, France, Germany, Italy and more - easyJet.com, but you can get cheap internal flights there if you buy in advance.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I was aiming to go to the first Vertigo Tour gig when it was still planned to begin in Florida, but then things were changed and Boston at the end of the first leg suited me better.

I'd try to go to as many gigs as possible if I come. I'd try to time it around a third night somewhere. And yeah, I was thinking those cheap airlines would help a lot! I'd like to do as much travel by train as possible, though. The two big dealmakers or breakers for me are 1. the cost of a flight from Australia to Europe and 2. the cost of accommodation.

If you're off in July, come to Amsterdam or to our huge Inteference Dublin party! :wave:

I'll probably have almost all of July off - and I can afford to miss the first week of uni in semester 2 anyway. If the Aussies and Kiwis planning to travel to Europe don't mind me tagging along, I might join up with them. I'll have all of June off too, so I might consider travelling TO Europe via the US to see some people I want to see before the tour ...

I'm using Fez as generic notation for the whole song too.

And Breathe probably the most interesting song on the album, just for the unusual time signature and the general styling of the song, eh?

Actually, I think Breathe is one of the most boring. HTDAABy chorus, and Bono overdoes the frantic delivery of the verses. The intro and guitar solo are cool though.

Funnily, Crazy Tonight did end up fairly close to the Chicken Tonight jingle.

Also, I love how GOYB suddenly kicks in after Crazy Tonight, ending the more "calm ocean" first half of the album and starting the "stormy sea" second half. Or at least that's how I've visualised it.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I was aiming to go to the first Vertigo Tour gig when it was still planned to begin in Florida, but then things were changed and Boston at the end of the first leg suited me better.

I'd try to go to as many gigs as possible if I come. I'd try to time it around a third night somewhere. And yeah, I was thinking those cheap airlines would help a lot! I'd like to do as much travel by train as possible, though. The two big dealmakers or breakers for me are 1. the cost of a flight from Australia to Europe and 2. the cost of accommodation.

I'll probably have almost all of July off - and I can afford to miss the first week of uni in semester 2 anyway. If the Aussies and Kiwis planning to travel to Europe don't mind me tagging along, I might join up with them. I'll have all of June off too, so I might consider travelling TO Europe via the US to see some people I want to see before the tour ...

I've made some budget trips in Europe, so let me know if you need any tips! If you want to make a fantastic train ride, maybe you should go to Milan from, say, Paris (via Geneva, of course), crossing the Alps. It's pretty fantastic!

Funnily, Crazy Tonight did end up fairly close to the Chicken Tonight jingle.

Also, I love how GOYB suddenly kicks in after Crazy Tonight, ending the more "calm ocean" first half of the album and starting the "stormy sea" second half. Or at least that's how I've visualised it.

Haha, first time I played it, that jingle came to mind.

And we've been totally hating on the placement of GOYB after Crazy Tonight. Fucking awkward segue. Putting Breathe between the two helps it to make much more sense. Plus, Fez --> WAS --> Cedars is an amazing way to round out the album.

And we've been totally hating on the placement of GOYB after Crazy Tonight. Fucking awkward segue. Putting Breathe between the two helps it to make much more sense. Plus, Fez --> WAS --> Cedars is an amazing way to round out the album.

What about WAS --> Fez --> Cedars. It could work... though SUC --> WAS wouldn't feel right, I think.

Well see, I was going on what Bono'd been saying earlier about how this was gonna be "an album of two halves", and so putting GOYB where they did made sense to me. Although, Breathe in between would be amazing, come to think of it.

I've made some budget trips in Europe, so let me know if you need any tips! If you want to make a fantastic train ride, maybe you should go to Milan from, say, Paris (via Geneva, of course), crossing the Alps. It's pretty fantastic!

Ooh, I'd love to do something like that, and I hope I'd have the time. Three of my train-related goals would be to ride the TGV, travel through the Channel Tunnel, and ride one of the famous Swiss mountain railways. No idea if I'd be able to accomplish all of those, but no way am I flying between England and continental Europe if I can train it ...

What about WAS --> Fez --> Cedars. It could work... though SUC --> WAS wouldn't feel right, I think.

I prefer keeping WAS and Cedars together, just because I think the two poetic storytelling songs make for a very powerful pairing. I find them quite engaging in isolation, and they pack even more of a punch together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom