breaking bad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

david

ONE love, blood, life
did anyone catch the first episode?

this is such a great show.

Breaking Bad is an American dark comedy/drama television series created by X-Files producer Vince Gilligan. Its first season, consisting of nine episodes, (seven episodes produced before the writers' strike) is currently in production for AMC, and premiered on January 20, 2008. The series stars Malcolm in the Middle's Bryan Cranston as Walter White, a struggling high school chemistry teacher with a handicapped child and a pregnant wife. When White is diagnosed with terminal lung cancer, he "loses it" and turns to a life of crime, setting up a meth lab in order to support his family.

No spoken words said:

I'm about to watch the first episode shortly...I'm excited..

I hope you like it and stick with it.

The first season was really good
the last two episodes did seem to fade a bit, but it is still outstanding.

glad you liked it

I think it is really special

I am just starting Friday Nights Lights on UHD channel

I am on episode 3

I read that book, a rare sports book for me, and liked it but did not love it. I'd usually rather read other genres. Many colleagues tell me I'd love the FNL TV series, but, I've just been reluctant to take the plunge.

How are you liking it?

When it debuted

on network tv

the hype

turned me away

but I kept hearing how good it was

when I found UHD on my cable box
and not much new on tv because of the writers strike

I decided to give it a try

the production values are very good
very good casting and acting
and good writing

so yes, I think it is good TV

and would recommend it

I need to watch yesterday's episode later tonight.

I caught on late, and ended up watching seasons 1, 2 and 3 just as 4 was starting...I plowed through those 3 seasons in days, I was that hooked.

deep said:
I am just starting Friday Nights Lights on UHD channel

The first season was stellar. The second season had a really slow start, but has come back mostly to form. Too bad about the strike. :grumpy:

NSW, from what I've heard, the book/movie is more football-focused than the TV show. There's a lot more going on in the TV show, but the football stuff is there. I haven't read the book yet, but it's on my list.

I did mean to watch Breaking Bad. I'll have to check my local listings for a repeat.

corianderstem said:

The first season was stellar. The second season had a really slow start, but has come back mostly to form. Too bad about the strike. :grumpy:

NSW, from what I've heard, the book/movie is more football-focused than the TV show. There's a lot more going on in the TV show, but the football stuff is there. I haven't read the book yet, but it's on my list.

I did mean to watch Breaking Bad. I'll have to check my local listings for a repeat.

The book kind of went back and forth between tracking their football season and telling back stories about some of the kids, parents, coaches, etc. Again, it was good, but, I think I expected more.

I have the FNL movie in my Netflix queue as well ... I wonder if I would enjoy the book at all, or should just watch the movie. I don't know that it's going to be something I'd love enough to feel the need to read the book AND watch the flick.

tonight's episode was great.

there's so many twists and turns.

i don't know how long this show can go on though.

I thought I would bump this

with Bryan Cranston stunning viewers by taking home the Emmy :up:

breaking-bad-20080118045840840.jpg

When good people break bad.

most likely the best show on TV you know nothing about.

break_bad_7.jpg

please don't watch it

( there is a rerun of Friends you should be watching )

I can't stand all the attention Mad Men is getting since I first recommended it.

i think he stall has it on his resume'

maybe we can get a merge?

to give david proper credit for starting the 'breaking bad' thread

wow, only one episode

you are in for a wild ride, can't wait till you get to meet tuco

and let's just say what happens in the basement, stays in the basement

I asked my big brother to get Season 1 for my birthday. I pretty much watched all of Season 2 on TV. I love the lawyer guy who used to have a comedy sketch show with David Cross and was on "The Larry Sanders Show". I think my big brother would love it, too. In fact, I enjoy it most when I imagine how he'd react to it. Kind of a weird reason to enjoy a show

I feel that way about The Wire. I know my son will enjoy it, but at 14 I feel he's a bit too young. It's not like the language is worse than anything else he's been thru in life (ie, school LOL) but it's the amount of swearing, it's non-stop. And the violence is pretty stark, especially the executions. I'm thinking 16/17. I dunno.

Back
Top Bottom