breaking bad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice use of Fever Ray - 'If I Had A Heart' in tonight's episode.

Noticed that too. Hot, hot jam. And a nice step up for a show that has generally featured some lousy tunes over the years. "DLZ" excepted, obviously.

A better episode this week.

I still say Jesse would have gotten robbed a lot earlier and they would have cleaned him out.

As much as some people don't like Skyler, she is believable.
Walt may pay to have Jesse disappear, forever.

And something is up with the brother-in-law with the minerals.
His new hobby will come in handy, before this is all over.

Interesting I was watching Biglove and there was Jessie f-ing Pinkman!

and his character on that show has a connection with Amanda Seyfried's character :hmm:

However, Jessie doesnt say 'beeyatch' so much on Big love :|

It's crazy how a fanbase can influence choices on a show of this caliber. Jesse was going to be killed off in Season 1. Now, Vince Gilligan and the rest of the writers/showrunners are fully aware that Jesse is the fan favorite. That basically everyone who watches the show is completely in love with him. They know people will be PISSED if they kill off Jesse.

So, they're just going to totally fuck with us. Leave us with cliffhangers like this one that have people fearing for Jesse's life.

I am very, very (two verys?) interested to see where Mike is taking Jesse in that car, and what's going to happen.

Anyway, great episode.

fkzk1k.jpg

When fans write the script, it is total garbage.

Jesse is so absolutely worthless, it is not credible that he is still around. They could have written him better. He could have had some growth, gotten some common sense, at least a little.
That way there might be an argument, if his character was really 'out of control' or manageable.
Right now there is zero argument in favor of Jesse.

Even Walt would want him gone. Each day he is here Walt's whole family is at risk. Would Walt choose Jesse over his family? Especially when Jesse's own selfish actions are the problem.

Game of Thrones killed off Ned, a beloved character. But it is still good, because the writing is consistent and they introduce new characters for us to care about.

Pinkman is not redeemable. He is handing out the "blue meth" to a houseful of losers. One of them gets caught, they would rat him out in a heartbeat.

^You really are cranky about this show aren't you. . . :wink:

The only thing I find hard to comprehend is why Walt has such loyalty to Jesse.

Really? It's Jesse Pinkman. He's totally lovable and adorable. That's the number one reason why I think he's loyal to Jesse. He likes him.

Also, they started the whole thing together, have been partners from the start, have been through a bunch of crazy shit, life and death scenarios that have bonded them together.

And now the loyalty is possibly stronger than it's ever been because Jesse popped a cap in Gale to save Walt.

^You really are cranky about this show aren't you. . . :wink:

Yeah, I guess. It's just that this show's writing has always been one of its strongest elements.

and like you said, why would Walt have any loyalty to Jesse

I just spelled it all out, they have given us nothing to explain it or justify it, at all. Walt would never put his family at risk. They have driven this point home.

So it is the weakest point. I saw your points about Gus' behavior being a bit out of character. I agree. But that was nothing compared to what we are to believe about Jesse being 100% off the rails and everyone just letting it slide.

We had Gus cut that guy's throat, and his so-called carelessness is not even 5% as bad as Jesse's bad behavior. It puts everyone at risk.

(Not that I have any strong opinions on any of this.)

Really? It's Jesse Pinkman. He's totally lovable and adorable. That's the number one reason why I think he's loyal to Jesse. He likes him.

Also, they started the whole thing together, have been partners from the start, have been through a bunch of crazy shit, life and death scenarios that have bonded them together.

And now the loyalty is possibly stronger than it's ever been because Jesse popped a cap in Gale to save Walt.

Let Gossip Girl of Glee have these silly story lines. Yeah, let the fans write the script.

And the only reason Walt was going to be killed and Gale take over was because Pinkman screwed the whole thing up. Pinkman almost got Walt killed. And Gale did not deserve to die. Pinkman is not lovable at all, he is a useless piece of crap. He is putting Walt and his family in danger for no reason.

I think the thing with Walt and Jesse at this point is that no matter how bad a fuck up someone is, if they're family, you still love them, or at least feel a desire to protect or help them. And it's been established that Walt feels a family connection to Jesse now. (Season 2: Jane's father: "Family, you can't give up on them, ever. What else is there?")

I am very, very (two verys?) interested to see where Mike is taking Jesse in that car, and what's going to happen.

I suspect somehow Walt will intervene and save the day for Jesse , even if that means killing Mike, which given his skill that would be a surprise. But somehow i think Walt is capable of it.....or am i being too predictable?

Would've been great had my DVR not cut out the last however many minutes.

My DVR isn't even working because fuck Comcast.

I also only discovered we had DVR like three weeks ago.

And I lose it in five days when I move back to school.

l AM THE ONE WHO KNOCKS!

REGISTER THlS!

DOS HORAS MAXlMAS!

TUCKER!

l LIKE TO THINK I SEE THINGS IN PEOPLE!

SOMEONE HAS TO PROTECT THlS FAMILY FROM THE MAN WHO PROTECTS THIS FAMILY!

Damn.

My DVR didn't record last night. Will this episode air again this week at some time?

Time Warner in L A market has in on two more times:

Wed. Aug. 24 11:00 PM AMCHD (479) Cornered #4.6
Thur. Aug. 25 2:00 AM AMC (075) Cornered #4.6

Check your provider.

I'd like to get your take on this episode.

First 3 years Walt's reasoning and wit have kept him alive.
He has made no real mistakes or has he showed any poor judgment.

This season. :huh:

In the final moments of the last season, he was as close to death as he's ever been, and ordered Jesse to kill Gale.

You don't think that would mess someone up, no matter how in control they think they are?

Back
Top Bottom