Breakfast every day diet. - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-08-2004, 07:21 PM   #1
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:23 AM
Breakfast every day diet.

I have just started on a diet that requires brrekkie EVERY day AND eaten within one hour of waking up. AND real food at that, not a chockie at the train station.

Is anybody else fighting the same struggle?

Today I had 2 pieces of toasted brown bread with peanut butter within the hour.

Old 05-08-2004, 07:25 PM   #2
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:23 AM
Define waking up.

Marty (who often lives by the motto I'm wide asleep, I'm not awakening )

Old 05-08-2004, 07:27 PM   #3
Blue Crack Addict

waking up = the bit after getting out of bed and just before putting your pants on.
Old 05-08-2004, 07:29 PM   #4
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:23 AM
Aha!

Well, I can manage that. But when it's early in the morning only 1 slice of bread.

During the weekend I just stay in bed until I feel ready for breakfast.
Old 05-08-2004, 07:33 PM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

"They" really should invent Dial a Brekkie. The delivery person could let themself in, put all the brekkie and a flower out on a nice bed tray thingie and wait until I have finished eating and then go wash up the dishes.

And hang out the washing while their at it
Old 05-08-2004, 07:56 PM   #6
Refugee

Location: calm down, cold resides with me. I flee to decemberunderground... as you exhale I breathe in, and sink into the water underground and I'll grow pale without you
Local Time: 07:23 PM
Hurk.
I hear you. I can't eat for about two hours after I get up.. my brother neither... people have just sort of learned, DO NOT try to feed us first thing in the morning..
One way I got round that at one point was sucking down one of those protein-shakes.. enough calories to do the job, not enough mass to make me sick.
Old 05-08-2004, 08:01 PM   #7
Blue Crack Addict

My soul mate.

I hate eating in the morning. Im getting crap from work for it. They keep reminding me I work in the Safety & Health Office. I keep reminding them it should be called the Safety & Cake Office.

So Im trying.
Old 05-08-2004, 08:10 PM   #8
Blue Crack Addict

I trained myself to eat in the morning.

I get up at 7, have breakfast at 7:30. I'll have scrambled eggs and toast or something like that, and it really helps me a lot. Otherwise, I'm starving at 10.
Old 05-08-2004, 08:12 PM   #9
Blue Crack Distributor

I've been having either a low cal smoothie or a low fat muffin for breakfast every morning for the past few weeks and I'm surprisingly full afterwards.
Old 05-08-2004, 08:16 PM   #10
Blue Crack Addict

I dont know how people cook first thing in the morning. Its really not natural for me. My brain is really clogged in the morning and all I want to do in the morning is sit in the corner by myself and check my emails. I dont like talking to people in the morning either. I do wake up early. Im not one of those grumpy sleep until 10:00 people. I just like being by myself and not thinking in the morning. Does that make sense?

Its good to know you 2, Anitram and Angel have managed it. Gawd I think this is harder than trying to get academics to complete forms.

1 brekkie down, 10000 more to go.

</end of whining>
Old 05-08-2004, 08:19 PM   #11
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 06:23 PM
I know what you mean by not wanting to eat anything too substantial in the morning. I have to force myself to do it.

It's sure a lot more healthy to make sure you're eating regularly like that though. Not only does it give you more energy, but it keeps your metabolic rate up too (your body doesnt get fooled into thinking it's not going to get food as often). I think too many people associate 'dieting' with 'not eating'
Old 05-08-2004, 08:21 PM   #12
Refugee

Local Time: 11:23 AM
hmmmmm Brekkie is the only routine part of my life, that has been so since I was probably about 17, everything else may turn into turmoil, but brekkie is my 'rock'!!!

I always wake up hungry in the morning, probably because I very rarely have big dinners so as soon as I wake up I have two pieces of soy and linseed toast with vegemite and a cup of coffee, then I have a cigarette whilst I watch the morning news on the today show, then I have another cup of coffee, another cigarette and check my e-mails and listen to JJJ with Adam and Will and then I get my shit together for the day, I usually wake up at about 6am as I like to take my time in the morning. But ya got to have brekkie, it is so important, seriously I bet that if you dont have big dinners or if you eat your dinner really early, then you will wake up hungry

I just realised that I probably just made you all very sick with my cigarette reference, but I am trying to quit. I have realised that if I want to be a teacher, then it is not a good look to be a smoker, but geeeezus it is sooooooo hard!!!
Old 05-08-2004, 10:21 PM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 04:23 PM
I don't like eating breakfast most of the time. It helps when I don't wake up til 11 or so cause then i just eat lunch in an hour or two. I usually only eat breakfast if I wake up early, and then i wait a couple of hours. I don't see the point though eating breakfast doesn't keep me from getting hungry any longer than not eating it. Say i wake up at 8 and eat breakfast, I'm going to be just as hungry come 11 then whether I ate nothing.
Old 05-08-2004, 10:32 PM   #14
Blue Crack Addict

The book Im reading says that you feel hungry after brekkie if you dont have enough browns and protein. So thats what Im trying.

We shall see, what we shall see.
Old 05-08-2004, 11:03 PM   #15
An Angel In Devil's Shoes

Local Time: 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by ILuvLarryMullen
I don't like eating breakfast most of the time. It helps when I don't wake up til 11 or so cause then i just eat lunch in an hour or two. I usually only eat breakfast if I wake up early, and then i wait a couple of hours. I don't see the point though eating breakfast doesn't keep me from getting hungry any longer than not eating it. Say i wake up at 8 and eat breakfast, I'm going to be just as hungry come 11 then whether I ate nothing.
i'm exactly the same way. only on rare occasions when i have to get up super early am i hungry for breakfast before 10am. usually that's if i get up at 6 or 7 in the morning.

of course i do love breakfast foods...i just eat them for lunch or dinner or a midnight snack