Breakfast every day diet.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beli

Blue Crack Addict
I have just started on a diet that requires brrekkie EVERY day AND eaten within one hour of waking up. AND real food at that, not a chockie at the train station.

Is anybody else fighting the same struggle?

Today I had 2 pieces of toasted brown bread with peanut butter within the hour.

:up:

:slant:

Aha!

Well, I can manage that. But when it's early in the morning only 1 slice of bread.

During the weekend I just stay in bed until I feel ready for breakfast. :D

"They" really should invent Dial a Brekkie. The delivery person could let themself in, put all the brekkie and a flower out on a nice bed tray thingie and wait until I have finished eating and then go wash up the dishes.

And hang out the washing while their at it :up:

Hurk. :barf:
I hear you. I can't eat for about two hours after I get up.. my brother neither... people have just sort of learned, DO NOT try to feed us first thing in the morning..
One way I got round that at one point was sucking down one of those protein-shakes.. enough calories to do the job, not enough mass to make me sick.

:hug:

My soul mate.

I hate eating in the morning. Im getting crap from work for it. They keep reminding me I work in the Safety & Health Office. I keep reminding them it should be called the Safety & Cake Office. :|

So Im trying. :sick:

I trained myself to eat in the morning.

I get up at 7, have breakfast at 7:30. I'll have scrambled eggs and toast or something like that, and it really helps me a lot. Otherwise, I'm starving at 10.

I dont know how people cook first thing in the morning. Its really not natural for me. My brain is really clogged in the morning and all I want to do in the morning is sit in the corner by myself and check my emails. I dont like talking to people in the morning either. I do wake up early. Im not one of those grumpy sleep until 10:00 people. I just like being by myself and not thinking in the morning. Does that make sense?

Its good to know you 2, Anitram and Angel have managed it. Gawd I think this is harder than trying to get academics to complete forms.

1 brekkie down, 10000 more to go.

</end of whining>

I know what you mean by not wanting to eat anything too substantial in the morning. I have to force myself to do it.

It's sure a lot more healthy to make sure you're eating regularly like that though. Not only does it give you more energy, but it keeps your metabolic rate up too (your body doesnt get fooled into thinking it's not going to get food as often). I think too many people associate 'dieting' with 'not eating' :down:

hmmmmm Brekkie is the only routine part of my life, that has been so since I was probably about 17, everything else may turn into turmoil, but brekkie is my 'rock'!!!

I always wake up hungry in the morning, probably because I very rarely have big dinners so as soon as I wake up I have two pieces of soy and linseed toast with vegemite and a cup of coffee, then I have a cigarette whilst I watch the morning news on the today show, then I have another cup of coffee, another cigarette and check my e-mails and listen to JJJ with Adam and Will and then I get my shit together for the day, I usually wake up at about 6am as I like to take my time in the morning. But ya got to have brekkie, it is so important, seriously I bet that if you dont have big dinners or if you eat your dinner really early, then you will wake up hungry:drool:

I just realised that I probably just made you all very sick with my cigarette reference, but I am trying to quit. I have realised that if I want to be a teacher, then it is not a good look to be a smoker, but geeeezus it is sooooooo hard!!!:mad:

Last edited:
I don't like eating breakfast most of the time. It helps when I don't wake up til 11 or so cause then i just eat lunch in an hour or two. I usually only eat breakfast if I wake up early, and then i wait a couple of hours. I don't see the point though eating breakfast doesn't keep me from getting hungry any longer than not eating it. Say i wake up at 8 and eat breakfast, I'm going to be just as hungry come 11 then whether I ate nothing.

The book Im reading says that you feel hungry after brekkie if you dont have enough browns and protein. So thats what Im trying.

We shall see, what we shall see.

ILuvLarryMullen said:
I don't like eating breakfast most of the time. It helps when I don't wake up til 11 or so cause then i just eat lunch in an hour or two. I usually only eat breakfast if I wake up early, and then i wait a couple of hours. I don't see the point though eating breakfast doesn't keep me from getting hungry any longer than not eating it. Say i wake up at 8 and eat breakfast, I'm going to be just as hungry come 11 then whether I ate nothing.

i'm exactly the same way. only on rare occasions when i have to get up super early am i hungry for breakfast before 10am. usually that's if i get up at 6 or 7 in the morning.

of course i do love breakfast foods...i just eat them for lunch or dinner or a midnight snack :wink:

The idea of any sort of food or drink in the morning other than maybe diet 7 UP makes me want to :barf: I can't stand eating anything when I first get up :no:

If I know it's going to be a long time until lunch and I won't have time to eat anything then I'll try to force down some toast but that's about it. I'm supposed to go to an all you can eat brunch tomorrow :tsk: I'm sure I won't eat hardly anything.

You know for me, it's more a matter of necessity because I'm one of those people who needs to eat many times during the day or I start shaking and feeling faint. And I didn't eat breakfast for 24 years of my life, and then just decided last year that I couldn't do it anymore and ate bit by bit. Now I can have pretty much anything and it really does help me not feel hungry until lunch time.

You should see my mother - she can have a steak at 7 in the morning. It's really quite something else. And she's about 100 lbs at most.

I always have to eat breakfast in the morning. I usually wake up ravenous (especially since I've been dieting). My problem is I get up between 4:30-5:30 AM, so I try to hold myself off until at least 7:30-8 while I"m at work, or else I'm looking to take a lunch break at 9. Usually breakfast is cereal (something high fiber), or a yogurt and fruit.

arw9797 said:
The idea of any sort of food or drink in the morning other than maybe diet 7 UP makes me want to :barf:

I gotta say that I have two friends, who are a couple and a glass of diet coke is the closest thing that they have that resembles breakfast and seriously it makes me want to throw up, not because it is a liquid but because it is sugar!!!! YUK!!!

seriously, all of you non breakfast people, it truly is the most important meal of the day, I am sure that if you changed your eating habits and included a decent breakfast, then over time you would notice that you function better, you think better and your metabolism is performing better.

I can eat anything for breakfast, but usualy it is savoury, I'm not much of a sweet fan. Being a vegetarian, you have to be inventive, but one of my faves is cooking up a heap of mushrooms with tofu in garlic and soy and serving on soy lin toast with corriander- yummo!!!!:drool:

oh and another of my faves (I used to have this at least once a week back in about 98) when I had a jaffle iron (toasted sandwich maker) was brown bread with a filling of sweet chilli sauce and cheese.......I'm known for being a bit of a chilli nut and spicing up every meal that I can!!

Last edited:
Blah count me in as one who can't consume anything other than a cup of tea for about the first 4 hours. Except my cup of tea, a second if I have time.

I have been in the Hilton in nottingham for the last 2 nights :up:

I had a massive breakfast cos it was one of those 'help yourself' efforts

this morning I had 3 slices of toast, a bowl of branflakes, a croissant and a pain au chocolate

:drool:

Although I did feel sick afterwards (surprisingly enough)

Back
Top Bottom