Breakfast every day diet. - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-08-2004, 11:12 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:37 AM

Old 05-08-2004, 11:14 PM   #17
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:37 PM
The idea of any sort of food or drink in the morning other than maybe diet 7 UP makes me want to I can't stand eating anything when I first get up

If I know it's going to be a long time until lunch and I won't have time to eat anything then I'll try to force down some toast but that's about it. I'm supposed to go to an all you can eat brunch tomorrow I'm sure I won't eat hardly anything.

Old 05-08-2004, 11:16 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:37 AM
Mmm. Maybe I should have done this as a poll. Seems like very few people, with the exception of Marty, Anitram and Angel, actually eat breakfast.

Old 05-08-2004, 11:21 PM   #19
New Yorker

cereal
Old 05-08-2004, 11:56 PM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

You know for me, it's more a matter of necessity because I'm one of those people who needs to eat many times during the day or I start shaking and feeling faint. And I didn't eat breakfast for 24 years of my life, and then just decided last year that I couldn't do it anymore and ate bit by bit. Now I can have pretty much anything and it really does help me not feel hungry until lunch time.

You should see my mother - she can have a steak at 7 in the morning. It's really quite something else. And she's about 100 lbs at most.
Old 05-09-2004, 12:18 AM   #21
Refugee

Local Time: 01:37 PM
I always have to eat breakfast in the morning. I usually wake up ravenous (especially since I've been dieting). My problem is I get up between 4:30-5:30 AM, so I try to hold myself off until at least 7:30-8 while I"m at work, or else I'm looking to take a lunch break at 9. Usually breakfast is cereal (something high fiber), or a yogurt and fruit.
Old 05-09-2004, 02:15 AM   #22
Refugee

Local Time: 04:37 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by arw9797
The idea of any sort of food or drink in the morning other than maybe diet 7 UP makes me want to
I gotta say that I have two friends, who are a couple and a glass of diet coke is the closest thing that they have that resembles breakfast and seriously it makes me want to throw up, not because it is a liquid but because it is sugar!!!! YUK!!!

seriously, all of you non breakfast people, it truly is the most important meal of the day, I am sure that if you changed your eating habits and included a decent breakfast, then over time you would notice that you function better, you think better and your metabolism is performing better.

I can eat anything for breakfast, but usualy it is savoury, I'm not much of a sweet fan. Being a vegetarian, you have to be inventive, but one of my faves is cooking up a heap of mushrooms with tofu in garlic and soy and serving on soy lin toast with corriander- yummo!!!!

oh and another of my faves (I used to have this at least once a week back in about 98) when I had a jaffle iron (toasted sandwich maker) was brown bread with a filling of sweet chilli sauce and cheese.......I'm known for being a bit of a chilli nut and spicing up every meal that I can!!
Old 05-09-2004, 07:20 AM   #23
Jesus Online

Blah count me in as one who can't consume anything other than a cup of tea for about the first 4 hours. Except my cup of tea, a second if I have time.
Old 05-09-2004, 08:27 AM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Location: In a car with House and Wilson :yikes: Let me out!! Let me oooooooouuut!!!
Local Time: 06:37 PM
I breakfast

I always wake up starving, and usually have a big bowl of porridge and 1/2 a grapefruit. Plus a cup of coffee

breakfast
Old 05-09-2004, 08:28 AM   #25
you are what you is

a liter of coffee is my breakfast really
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 05-09-2004, 08:33 AM   #26
Jesus Online

How do you all have time to cook something? And then eat it????

Maybe I shouldn't spend so long in the shower.
Old 05-09-2004, 08:34 AM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Location: In a car with House and Wilson :yikes: Let me out!! Let me oooooooouuut!!!
I like to get up in plenty of time so I can sit in front of inane breakfast telly for at least 20 minutes

and I tend to have a shower/bath before I go to bed, to reduce morning washing activity to a minimum
Old 05-09-2004, 08:38 AM   #28
Jesus Online

I think I need to reorganise my life.
Old 05-09-2004, 08:40 AM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I have been in the Hilton in nottingham for the last 2 nights

I had a massive breakfast cos it was one of those 'help yourself' efforts

this morning I had 3 slices of toast, a bowl of branflakes, a croissant and a pain au chocolate

Although I did feel sick afterwards (surprisingly enough)
Old 05-09-2004, 08:43 AM   #30
Jesus Online