Brawls...good or bad for baseball?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree. Brawls, anywhere, not just in sports, are stupid.

depends... i hate people who fight in sports for stupid reasons. the only reason good enough for me to fight in a game was if someone had an intent to injure... so if someone purposely throws at someone's head... yea... it's on. if someone gets hit with a curveball in the butt, just go to first base and shut up.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
depends... i hate people who fight in sports for stupid reasons. the only reason good enough for me to fight in a game was if someone had an intent to injure... so if someone purposely throws at someone's head... yea... it's on. if someone gets hit with a curveball in the butt, just go to first base and shut up.

I don't see that a brawl helps in any situation. I mean if you're upset with someone for having "an intent to injure," how is intending to injure a whole bunch of people going to make that better? Sounds like a bunch of guys in dire need of emergency testosterone reduction surgery to me.

i think in some cases it is needed... if you want to throw at our guys , at our heads (i took one off the helmet earlier this year, no biggie though since it was only a curveball) and try to hurt us, AND run your mouth at the same time.... yeah, there needs to be a message sent. but if it's a curveball like the one that got me in the head, whoopdie do.

basically, if they are talking shit, trying to hurt you and your guys, you have to go after them. you know when it's on purpose and you know when it's an accident, plain and simple.

Back
Top Bottom