Brand New Premiership Thread 06/07 - Page 9 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-17-2007, 03:32 PM   #121
Refugee

Local Time: 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Zoomerang96
football players play enough without these stupid rematches...
Now, if you'd been talking about next weeks matches I'd be in total agreement with you.

Old 03-17-2007, 08:26 PM   #122
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 02:16 AM
The left side of englands attack next week is going to be another embarrassment. Carragher will play left back. How is he going to overlap the left midfielder? He's a no nonsense "if in doubt, get it out" centre back. Does he have pace? no. Can he cross? no. Will he get forward no? is he left footed no?

Mclaren is a joke. I was going to buy the new england top but i wont spend my money on it till mclaren goes.

Old 03-18-2007, 04:43 AM   #123
Refugee

Local Time: 01:16 AM
Thats the spirit 1Step, if more people took that kind of stance, boycotting merchandise, & matches, perhaps the decrepit old dinoaurs at the FA might take a bit more notice of exactly what the fans want. But then again.

I really would love to see the new wembley half empty for englands first match there.

If, & its a big if, mclaren did the decent thing and resigned, who would interferencers like to see as new england manager, personally I'd like to see Wenger, failing that O'Niell, Wenger, cos, win or lose, eventually he'd get the useless bunch of TW&TS,playing football, O'Niell, cos I think of all the mangers out there he's the one most likely to get the best out of certain players who aren't as good as we've been led to believe.
Although I think there's more chance of england winning the next world cup than Wenger working for the FA!
Old 03-18-2007, 08:42 PM   #124
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I wouldn't mind Mr Mourinho to be england manager to be honest, bit of a controversial choice but he's the only part of Chelsea that i like!

Went to Villa-Liverpool today. What a boring game. Was quite excited to be seeing Steven Gerrard playing live in the flesh but he had a pretty bad game. We should have a had a clear cut penalty, i don't know how referee's can't give decisions like that. Fair enough offside is always going to be a difficult one to call and giving a penalty when a player is running at pace is going to be difficult to call too but when Petrov turned away from the defender and got tripped, i don't understand how a ref cannot give it. And as he didn't give it why didn't he show petrov a yellow card for diving? Because in the refs mind thats what he must have done. Grr

Referee's annoy me at times.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:10 PM   #125
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:16 PM
jim,

i wouldn't mind o'niel as manager, but i don't think he'll be leaving aston villa any time soon.

and don't you all think it would be more than a little ironic if wenger would coach england considering he plays NO englishmen (other than walcott here and there) on his side?
Old 03-20-2007, 12:14 AM   #126
ONE
love, blood, life

no comments on the FA cup action today?

no real surprises, but it pissed me off that i watched all but 15-20 minutes of the chelsea match and missed all three goals.

anyone dare to make predictions on how the final four will pan out?

i'm gonna go WAY out on a limb and say that man u will knock out watford, and that chelsea will dispose of blackburn.

would make a great final, that's for sure.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:53 AM   #127
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:16 AM
Did Ronaldo really say 'polemic'?
Old 03-20-2007, 05:25 PM   #128
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by Zoomerang96

no real surprises, but it pissed me off that i watched all but 15-20 minutes of the chelsea match and missed all three goals.

That's unfortunate. Chelsea's goals were excellent (for once). Me and my mate were debating whether Sheva meant to score his goal. I think he did but my mate reckons it was a cross. Anyhow it's fairly obvious what the FA Cup final is going to be. Even though i dislike West Ham at least last year when they got to the final it was somebody else than the 'Big Four' and now it looks like the hegemony over football of the Big Four is set to continue with the FA Cup final. Still, should be a decent final.

Also James Morrisons "tackle" on ronaldo was the funniest thing i'd seen in ages last night. That's been coming all season.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:51 PM   #129
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by 1stepcloser

Also James Morrisons "tackle" on ronaldo was the funniest thing i'd seen in ages last night. That's been coming all season.
Just watched this.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:01 PM   #130
Refugee

Local Time: 03:16 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by 1stepcloser

At the first sight it looked dangerous but then, red card for this....
Old 03-20-2007, 07:06 PM   #131
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Man
this season has been a disaster for arsenal.
My favourite club .
But Arsenal is a club of future regarding players, I believe that in 2 years they'll start to win some trophies
Old 03-21-2007, 01:17 AM   #132
Blue Crack Addict

i find it very strange that arsenal beat man utd home and away in the league this season, but arent anywhere near them in points total. very inconsistent, they will get better as they mature hopefully breaking the "top 2" situation at the moment, although this is better than the last 2 seasons 'top 1' situation.

chelsea need to lose a game or 2 soon, im getting sick of them talking of winning 4 cups.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:13 PM   #133
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by the rockin edge

chelsea need to lose a game or 2 soon, im getting sick of them talking of winning 4 cups.
Until United will make such good results, what I think they will, they don't have to fear about Chelsea
Old 03-21-2007, 04:34 PM   #134
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by U2lunatic

Until United will make such good results, what I think they will, they don't have to fear about Chelsea
oh i think utd will keep winning, im just sick of hearing/reading about chelski and how they havent gotten knocked out of a competition this season.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:08 PM   #135
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:16 PM
All Utd. has to do is win 6 more games and then, all the fans at Stamford Bridge will have to clap for them.

Wouldn't that be sweet...