Brand New Premiership Thread 06/07 - Page 20 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-02-2007, 05:20 PM   #286
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 04:43 AM
Milan were world class tonight. Gave man united a footballing lesson. Gattuso was everywhere. Uniteds big players didn't deliver and Milan passed it about brilliantly.

Was looking forward to a liverpool - united final but nevertheless.

If milan play like that against liverpool then 'pool haven't got a hope in hell.

Old 05-02-2007, 06:08 PM   #287
LJT
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Seedorf I thought was particularly great tonight...Great quote from Eamon Dunphy tonight on RTE- 'Reality is Kaka, hype is Ronaldo'

How I love that man

Old 05-02-2007, 06:15 PM   #288
ONE
love, blood, life

was ronaldo playing tonight?

imagine how awesome milan will be if berlusconi succeeds in signing ronaldinho
Old 05-02-2007, 06:27 PM   #289
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Gattuso bossed Ronaldo.

i thought united would come out all guns blazing in the 2nd half but they didn't.

can't believe also that fergie took that long to bring on a sub.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:34 PM   #290
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:43 PM
Yay, Chelsea and Man Utd are out of the Champions League!!!

What a perfect round of matches...

Here's hoping for one of the greatest finals in history...
Old 05-02-2007, 10:27 PM   #291
Refugee

Local Time: 10:43 PM
Didn't see the 2nd half of the match...did Cristina cry?

Just kidding, now this final is much more exciting than an all English one, gotta admit.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:25 AM   #292
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by bayernfc
Didn't see the 2nd half of the match...did Cristina cry?

Just kidding, now this final is much more exciting than an all English one, gotta admit.

2 great calls
Old 05-03-2007, 10:03 AM   #293
Rock n' Roll Doggie

If i was a united fan i wouldn't be too dissapointed. Out of europe but with the league all but won and in the FA Cup final they have still had the kind of season supporters of other clubs can only dream about.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:08 PM   #294
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 11:43 PM
Just watched the match...

ug.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:50 PM   #295
Refugee

BREAKING NEWS

Thieves have robbed the Manchester City trophy room...police say they are looking for 2 guys carrying a light blue carpet

Old 05-03-2007, 10:10 PM   #296
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Now I'm a Man U fan right? But when you put Ronaldo up against someone like Gattuso, it really puts the title "best player in the world" in context.

I'm not saying Gattuso is the best player in the world. I'm saying that the best player in the world would have found a way to help his club. Cristiano did not.

The main thing however was the amount of times we just decided to give the ball away. It seemed any time we got in some sort of passing rhythem, it was short lived and ended in the control of Milan. Credit them for that, but also credit them for scoring first so they could pack it in a bit on defense.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:09 AM   #297
Refugee

Local Time: 03:43 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by 1stepcloser
If i was a united fan i wouldn't be too dissapointed. Out of europe but with the league all but won and in the FA Cup final they have still had the kind of season supporters of other clubs can only dream about.
Well said 1Step, at the start of this season I for 1 certainly didn't expect United to be challenging for the Prem. title, let alone reach the semi's of the CL, disappointing as it was the other night to go out with such a whimper, but credit to Milan, they really were different class, & totally deserved to go through.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:35 AM   #298
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by Got Philk?

I'm not saying Gattuso is the best player in the world. I'm saying that the best player in the world would have found a way to help his club. Cristiano did not.
You have to remember Ronaldo is only 22. I said a few posts back that it is stupid to call him the best player in the world since the season is not even over yet. Anyone who does call him the best player in the world after less than season is either a blinkered united fan wearing extremely red tinted spectacles or someone who doesn't watch any football outside of the premiership.

He's a young player with a lot resting on his shoulders and he came up against arguably the best defensive midfielder in the world with an almost roy keane like determination to win on tuesday night.

Ronaldo will grow stronger with this experience.

I think the fact that Kaka was able to roam around the pitch freely being able to do whatever he liked was a fine example of the need for united to sign a real DMF like Hargreaves rather than a luxery player like Carrick who will play make passes but will never get stuck in and man mark and snap at the heels of somebody like Kaka all game.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:54 PM   #299
LJT
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I don't think a player can be the best player in the world until they are around 25 really....experience adds the extra dimension to anyone's natural talent.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:31 AM   #300
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:43 PM
first off congrats to milan, they deserved it, class on the night. i hope they beat pool easily.

Quote:
Originally posted by 1stepcloser

You have to remember Ronaldo is only 22. I said a few posts back that it is stupid to call him the best player in the world since the season is not even over yet. Anyone who does call him the best player in the world after less than season is either a blinkered united fan wearing extremely red tinted spectacles or someone who doesn't watch any football outside of the premiership.

He's a young player with a lot resting on his shoulders and he came up against arguably the best defensive midfielder in the world with an almost roy keane like determination to win on tuesday night.

Ronaldo will grow stronger with this experience.

I think the fact that Kaka was able to roam around the pitch freely being able to do whatever he liked was a fine example of the need for united to sign a real DMF like Hargreaves rather than a luxery player like Carrick who will play make passes but will never get stuck in and man mark and snap at the heels of somebody like Kaka all game.
i find myself agreeing here.

ronaldo has been fantastic for utd this season, just beacause he didnt play well the other night doesnt mean he is "hype". he will get better in big games with experience.

and yes for the love of God about Hargreaves. or Guattuso

here's to winning the double and leaving some good ol egg on moanrinhos face. after his comments the last few weeks.

i hope arsenal beat them this wkend. and i dont think man city will know what hit them tomorrow, utd after they go out of europe are normally very good at the backlash.