Brand New Premiership Thread 06/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jimmmm said:
Big Sam, didn't see that 1 coming, be interesting to see if Bolton can maintain their form now, should think Stuart Pearce will be sifting through sits. vac. columns soon.

Title race, to all United fans don't count your chickens before they're hatched, remember '91/'92, it ain't over till fatty sings!

Congrats to Keano, & Brucie, 2 ex United legends promoted to the Prem. today after Derby's defeat, I really think Sunderland are on the brink of some major success as Keano learns his trade in time to take over when SAF decides to call it a day!

Bolton will go right down the pan now, mark my words. Big Sam has been the sole reason for their success, if you can call it that. Without him they'll be in trouble in a couple of seasons i think.

It's the same with Steve Bruce, that guy has done wonders for birmingham and all their scumbag fans ever do is moan about him and want him sacked. one said to me today that bruce getting them promoted is like a chimp flying you to Benidorm - you're glad he flew you there but you wouldn't want him to fly you back. i thought that was quite amusing.

As for keano, i'm glad he's done well. No more O'neill to man united rumours!

jimmmm said:

seem to remember the mighty milan conceding 2 goals in the previous round at home to munich, didn't do them much harm in the 2nd leg, & this milan side aren't among the greatest to have graced the San Siro, I don't normally like to make predictions, tempting fate'n all that, but I expect United to come away with a 2, or 3 - 1 victory

I would have said Milan were out after the draw with Munich, conceding two away goals at home for anyone is still a crap result. I expect the Milan game to be far tighter than the one at Old Trafford.

Is it just me, or did Petr Cech look really awful in that shootout? I know luck plays a big part in winning a shootout, but he looked like he was standing way too upright, diving late and not getting a very good push off the ground.

the rockin edge said:
well i didnt watch the game, but i would guess reina, not luck or bad technique by cech won it for liverpool. i never thought chelsea would win on pens.

To be fair, both keepers were great during the game proper...

I'm at work and can only catch updates on the Man Utd-Milan match. What the hell happened to Man U?

Outclassed really:cool:

Yeah, if you are following the match right now, Utd do seem quite stale.....and Milan are no spring chickens:wink:

i told ya, suckers.

milan dont have anything but cl to play for this year, and they are gonna kick liverpool's butt in the finals, too.

:cool:

Milan were world class tonight. Gave man united a footballing lesson. Gattuso was everywhere. Uniteds big players didn't deliver and Milan passed it about brilliantly.

Was looking forward to a liverpool - united final but nevertheless.

If milan play like that against liverpool then 'pool haven't got a hope in hell.

Seedorf I thought was particularly great tonight...Great quote from Eamon Dunphy tonight on RTE- 'Reality is Kaka, hype is Ronaldo'

How I love that man:drool:

was ronaldo playing tonight?

imagine how awesome milan will be if berlusconi succeeds in signing ronaldinho :drool:

Gattuso bossed Ronaldo.

i thought united would come out all guns blazing in the 2nd half but they didn't.

can't believe also that fergie took that long to bring on a sub.

Yay, Chelsea and Man Utd are out of the Champions League!!!

What a perfect round of matches...

Here's hoping for one of the greatest finals in history...

bayernfc said:
Didn't see the 2nd half of the match...did Cristina cry? :wink:

Just kidding, now this final is much more exciting than an all English one, gotta admit.

:bow:

2 great calls

If i was a united fan i wouldn't be too dissapointed. Out of europe but with the league all but won and in the FA Cup final they have still had the kind of season supporters of other clubs can only dream about.

BREAKING NEWS

Thieves have robbed the Manchester City trophy room...police say they are looking for 2 guys carrying a light blue carpet

:wink:

Now I'm a Man U fan right? But when you put Ronaldo up against someone like Gattuso, it really puts the title "best player in the world" in context.

I'm not saying Gattuso is the best player in the world. I'm saying that the best player in the world would have found a way to help his club. Cristiano did not.

The main thing however was the amount of times we just decided to give the ball away. It seemed any time we got in some sort of passing rhythem, it was short lived and ended in the control of Milan. Credit them for that, but also credit them for scoring first so they could pack it in a bit on defense.

1stepcloser said:
If i was a united fan i wouldn't be too dissapointed. Out of europe but with the league all but won and in the FA Cup final they have still had the kind of season supporters of other clubs can only dream about.

Well said 1Step, at the start of this season I for 1 certainly didn't expect United to be challenging for the Prem. title, let alone reach the semi's of the CL, disappointing as it was the other night to go out with such a whimper, but credit to Milan, they really were different class, & totally deserved to go through.

Got Philk? said:

I'm not saying Gattuso is the best player in the world. I'm saying that the best player in the world would have found a way to help his club. Cristiano did not.

You have to remember Ronaldo is only 22. I said a few posts back that it is stupid to call him the best player in the world since the season is not even over yet. Anyone who does call him the best player in the world after less than season is either a blinkered united fan wearing extremely red tinted spectacles or someone who doesn't watch any football outside of the premiership.

He's a young player with a lot resting on his shoulders and he came up against arguably the best defensive midfielder in the world with an almost roy keane like determination to win on tuesday night.

Ronaldo will grow stronger with this experience.

I think the fact that Kaka was able to roam around the pitch freely being able to do whatever he liked was a fine example of the need for united to sign a real DMF like Hargreaves rather than a luxery player like Carrick who will play make passes but will never get stuck in and man mark and snap at the heels of somebody like Kaka all game.

I don't think a player can be the best player in the world until they are around 25 really....experience adds the extra dimension to anyone's natural talent.

first off congrats to milan, they deserved it, class on the night. i hope they beat pool easily.

1stepcloser said:

You have to remember Ronaldo is only 22. I said a few posts back that it is stupid to call him the best player in the world since the season is not even over yet. Anyone who does call him the best player in the world after less than season is either a blinkered united fan wearing extremely red tinted spectacles or someone who doesn't watch any football outside of the premiership.

He's a young player with a lot resting on his shoulders and he came up against arguably the best defensive midfielder in the world with an almost roy keane like determination to win on tuesday night.

Ronaldo will grow stronger with this experience.

I think the fact that Kaka was able to roam around the pitch freely being able to do whatever he liked was a fine example of the need for united to sign a real DMF like Hargreaves rather than a luxery player like Carrick who will play make passes but will never get stuck in and man mark and snap at the heels of somebody like Kaka all game.

i find myself agreeing here.

ronaldo has been fantastic for utd this season, just beacause he didnt play well the other night doesnt mean he is "hype". he will get better in big games with experience.

and yes for the love of God about Hargreaves. or Guattuso :wink:

here's to winning the double and leaving some good ol egg on moanrinhos face. after his comments the last few weeks.

i hope arsenal beat them this wkend. and i dont think man city will know what hit them tomorrow, utd after they go out of europe are normally very good at the backlash.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom