Boy (The Band)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bayernfc

Refugee
Well I have no idea who these people are and why there's so much canadian press about them, and why is the fact they're from Yellowknife such a big deal....anyone care to elaborate? For those of you in the know, is there something worthwhile here or just something for indie kids to love for 1 minute and hate the next?

http://www.boytheband.com/home.php

They're awesome. I'm not sure if they're getting any airplay outside of Canada, but their first two singles "Same Old Song" and "Up in this Town" are great. I haven't heard much else by them yet because I have no money and I can't find their music on the internet, but you should definitely look them up.

they're from whitehorse, actually, and from what i've heard so far, they're pretty good.

they're getting heaps of media attention right now because they were the *it* band at south by southwest the other week.

LOL.... here goes my knowledge of northern Canadian geography :reject: . Yeah I read about that south by southwest coverage on cbc. I actually like some of the songs on their site.

Actually, this band is very good. Very much in the same stream as Oasis and Jet.

I was lucky enough to catch their show at the Calgary Stampede. Their performance was great. They definitely arn't boring! They have about 4 songs that are really good. I liked "same old song" as soon as I heard it. Very good tune.

I also haven't been able to find any of their music on the web (other than their web site which spins 3 songs). I might have to break down and buy their album.

Back
Top Bottom