Boy show? Girl show? Do you watch both? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-25-2007, 05:07 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by trevster2k
One guy has argued that guys could care less if there girlfriend watched their shows while in the meantime, girls need to have their boyfriends watch the same shows as themselves or at least sit through an episode or two.
For me that's showing interest in what I am interested in even if you don't like the show. You don't like it and might even hate it but you will make a "sacrifice" anyway and watch it. It can be sort of a bonding experience too, and you can talk about the show, etc. Of course that should be mutual and work both ways, I would think males would want that same interest too. I like to watch sports, I guess most guys don't care if women watch sports with them.

Old 04-26-2007, 06:50 AM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
I guess most guys don't care if women watch sports with them.
It goes further than that, many guys don't want women to watch sports with them.

Thats a generalization, from my perspective its about not wanting to watch with someone unfamiliar with sports who's gonna sit and ask a lot of questions. I had a male roommate years ago who was worse than any woman I've met to watch sports with, it was a painful experience trying to watch a football game with him in the room.
If a woman understands the sport and want to watch, I have no problem, but I don't wanna be watching the AFC championship game and get bombarded with questions like "Why did he do that?" "How come that happened?" "Whats that yellow flag for?" and the like. And its downright embarassing when a grown man asks those questions.

Old 04-26-2007, 08:35 AM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Well I know guys who aren't into sports, and I don't care if they know nothing about them . I don't know about all the technical aspects but I can still appreciate the game and enjoy watching-I know the most about baseball. And you don't have to know the rulebook inside and out to be able to rag on A Fraud
Old 04-26-2007, 11:32 AM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
And you don't have to know the rulebook inside and out to be able to rag on A Fraud
This is quite true.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:46 AM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:41 AM
House - Both
Lost -Both
Grey's - Girl show....
The Office - Both
ER -Both
Old 04-26-2007, 10:53 PM   #21
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:

For me that's showing interest in what I am interested in even if you don't like the show. You don't like it and might even hate it but you will make a "sacrifice" anyway and watch it. It can be sort of a bonding experience too, and you can talk about the show, etc. Of course that should be mutual and work both ways, I would think males would want that same interest too. I like to watch sports, I guess most guys don't care if women watch sports with them.
I don't understand that reasoning. IMO, it's good and healthy to have separate interests - why would you sit there and pretend to enjoy something you don't for the sake of your SO? And why would you expect your SO to do it for you?

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
It goes further than that, many guys don't want women to watch sports with them.

Thats a generalization, from my perspective its about not wanting to watch with someone unfamiliar with sports who's gonna sit and ask a lot of questions. I had a male roommate years ago who was worse than any woman I've met to watch sports with, it was a painful experience trying to watch a football game with him in the room.
If a woman understands the sport and want to watch, I have no problem, but I don't wanna be watching the AFC championship game and get bombarded with questions like "Why did he do that?" "How come that happened?" "Whats that yellow flag for?" and the like. And its downright embarassing when a grown man asks those questions.
My ex said that I "ruined" baseball for him, when I got into it and became more enthusiastic and knowledgeable than him.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:05 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 07:11 AM
when I read the post I thought it was about a streep tease show

Imagine my surprise when this came...

Quote:
Originally posted by trevster2k
do you watch because you want to or because a significant other is making you watch?
Sorry
Old 04-26-2007, 11:06 PM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 07:11 AM
BTW I don´t have a significant other
Old 04-26-2007, 11:26 PM   #24
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:41 AM
I rarely watch TV. When I do, the shows I watch tend to be unisex.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:45 PM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:

Old 04-27-2007, 12:22 AM   #26
Blue Crack Distributor

Wow. Why do some females have the need for their choices in television to be validated by the men in their lives?
Old 04-27-2007, 12:31 AM   #27
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:41 AM
I see it less as a need for validation and more for a desire to share something they enjoy in their lives.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:24 AM   #28
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by VintagePunk
Wow. Why do some females have the need for their choices in television to be validated by the men in their lives?
Everyone needs to follow the Hewson household TV formula to be happy:

Number of people living in household +1 = number of televisons required in household to keep the peace.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:51 AM   #29
Blue Crack Addict

Yes I know people need to have separate interests. I really can't believe the leaps in logic I don't need my choices validated by anyone, I usually watch all my shows alone anyway.

I just happen to think that once in a while you should do things that you really aren't all that interested in as part of a relationship, it's part of the give and take of a relationship. That doesn't mean I think it should be suffocating with no separate interests.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:57 AM   #30
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by corianderstem
I see it less as a need for validation and more for a desire to share something they enjoy in their lives.
Yes that's it, that's all