BOY OH BOY WOWEE It's the 2014 AFL Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I forgot to do my tips and will likely forgot for the rest of the season :lol:

The Big Bash was entertaining and competitive with good sized crowds.

The Sheffield Shield is an irrelevancy witnessed by two men and a dog.

I would rather be one of those two men. It's not irrelevant. But I will admit BBL has overtaken it.

Good bloke, Danny Corcoran. Everything Essendon was absolutely off the table, couldn't ask anything about that. And it was a bit of an ambush... he's a real estate agent and auctioneer now, so I was there with Danny, his boss and the PR lady, so we talked way too much about real estate for my liking, but yeah, he's a good bloke. President of Sandy in the VFL now. Refreshed and looking forward to a new challenge in the real estate biz and reinvigorated by a trip to West Africa.

173448-ess4.jpg

Good bloke, Danny Corcoran. Everything Essendon was absolutely off the table, couldn't ask anything about that. And it was a bit of an ambush... he's a real estate agent and auctioneer now, so I was there with Danny, his boss and the PR lady, so we talked way too much about real estate for my liking, but yeah, he's a good bloke. President of Sandy in the VFL now. Refreshed and looking forward to a new challenge in the real estate biz and reinvigorated by a trip to West Africa.

God, real estate, what a step down! Still, look forward to reading the interview.

The positive for me is that this is making Essendon last week look pretty fucking good.

This is just embarrassing. Freo haven't played this insipidly in years - never under Ross.

Even though it's nearly a sixty point margin, the final scoreline flatters Freo. It flatters Freo a lot.

Badly written article, but yeah, we suck alright. I can't believe how old this team looks despite all the draft hype we were getting 6-7 years ago. We should be in our prime.

That being said, since when is Richmond a "power club" that's a full tier above us? Win a finals match this decade and we'll see.

Last edited:
I'm just amused that he even considered Melbourne.

I suppose at the time they looked like they could be rebuilding towards success - but in hindsight it's kind of hilarious.

Cameron Ling made a great point the other night. He was talking about Jack Trengove and how he should be one of the game's stars... but Melbourne has failed him so miserably that he just hasn't had the development that he needed. Very sad.

No Barlow and Fyfe, No Freo?

What a win for Hawthorn. Shows they are still the best team in the competition. Mitchell is critical to the team. His return helped last night.

Listening to MMM as I do every Saturday and it sounds like the Hawks just dominated in every aspect last night. Again I didn't see it but Garry Lyon was saying they went at over 80% by foot in the third quarter, which is ridiculous. Definitely the team to beat at the moment, though I feel like last night's game will probably be treated as an aberration by the Dockers. Clarkson said on MMM that they aren't as good as they looked last night, it was just a night where everything worked.

Thank God the grand final looked nothing like this.

The Grand Final was bad enough, that was much worse. It was almost painful to watch. Happy to have the win and all that, but I feel sorry for Freo.

No Barlow and Fyfe, No Freo?

What a win for Hawthorn. Shows they are still the best team in the competition. Mitchell is critical to the team. His return helped last night.

I guess it more than made up for Hodge's absence!

Did Freo play like crap or was the Hawks' game just coincidentally super-effective against Freo's style? I don't quite understand how something like happens to a team that made the GF last year and did what they did to Collingwood the other week.

Listening to MMM as I do every Saturday and it sounds like the Hawks just dominated in every aspect last night. Again I didn't see it but Garry Lyon was saying they went at over 80% by foot in the third quarter, which is ridiculous. Definitely the team to beat at the moment, though I feel like last night's game will probably be treated as an aberration by the Dockers. Clarkson said on MMM that they aren't as good as they looked last night, it was just a night where everything worked.

I guess that answers my question! *L* It just looked like the Hawks couldn't put a foot wrong last night, I'm sure that things will be different next week... or if not next week, definitely when they play Geelong. :wink:

Last night's was a case of Hawthorn absolutely nailing everything, while Freo just kept making silly little errors to thwart their few chances and give away even more points than they had to.

Surprised the Dogs are leading Richmond right now.

I boldly tipped Adelaide to beat Sydney. Do I have more confidence in the Crows than Vlad? :wink:

I love how we're playing Sydney into form.

I don't understand this team and how consistent we are in not putting in any effort. We will not win a game playing like this, not even against Melbourne.

Ugh I had a gut feeling about this one for Adelaide. Quarter time score indicates that gut feeling was little more than a stomach bug.

Back
Top Bottom