BOY OH BOY WOWEE It's the 2014 AFL Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ahahaha 41-1 at quarter time to West Coast over Melbourne. Jesus fucking christ the Dees are awful.

STOP THE PRESSES! Melbourne scored a goal! :happy:

Why is the MCG hosting this shitty, shitty game

The curse of Melbourne having the G as their home ground.

I don't think we should relegate the Dees to Etihad. We should relegate them to the fucking Mildura High School Oval or something.

I can't find a working stream (why would anyone bother?) but I've got to assume the stands are a quarter of the way full.

I can't find a working stream (why would anyone bother?) but I've got to assume the stands are a quarter of the way full.

That would mean attendance of 25,000, and you've got to say the Dees would be happy with those numbers nowadays! :laugh:

Everybody who loves footy should be offended by a 17-15 half time score in good conditions. Fuck both those teams.

I can't even believe how bad Melbourne still are. I know it's early stages in the year, but considering I think we're punching way above our weight on the ladder at the moment, it's devastating to watch, especially as the expansion sides and Port continue to climb out of that same darkness.

Speaking of Port, jeez, I'm beginning to get a mite bit scared of them. Incredibly fit (someone on BigFooty said they look like they train for five quarter games), one of the youngest sides, full of belief, and with an increasingly large army behind them. I feel for the Crows in a lot of ways right now, but at least it's making the sports in this city very interesting from a neutral perspective. Especially with the Oval, think I'll catch a Port or Crows home game soon, don't want to wait until late in the year to hit that up.

I feel for the Crows in a lot of ways right now, but at least it's making the sports in this city very interesting from a neutral perspective.

Hardly, we're practically irrelevant now, very little positivity in sight. I think we might go something like 0-7 just like we did in 2010, a win seems as much of a pipe dream for us as it probably is for Melbourne.

I just can't imagine you guys staying down for long, knowing your history and knowing how many Crows fans there are (even if they're not always active). You'll bounce back. Our clubs are very similar in more ways than one, and I maintain that both sides are at similar skill levels and just having opposite starts to the season.

2010/2011 was too recent for me to feel any real hope that we won't avoid the disappointment of those years. It might be ridiculous to feel hopeless after two games but I can't see it getting much better even when Tex gets back.

Oh come on Vlad. A win seems as much as a pipe dream as it does for Melbourne? Things won't get better when Tex gets back? That is unbelievably pessimistic.

No, what I mean is that it's an all too familiar feeling, the sort of performances we're exhibiting now, they were plentiful in 3 of the last 4 seasons. For example, trailing then hitting the lead only to fall behind almost immediately after and just fall apart. Both games this season are evidence of this, it just keeps on happening and happening and nothing ever seems to change.

Vlad, who are you kidding? You can just about pencil in victories for every game from round four to seven already.

Hey inte not even Perth Glory are interested in the A League. Their official twitter sent out two tweets during the Newcastle game, one pregame, and one promotional tweet.

and then responded to a fan's post on their facebook with the following

Bj9zoFZCcAA2tg9.jpg:large

Soccer's kidding itself if it ever thinks it's going to be the number one sport in this country.

Someone could be losing their job this week!

I don't know much about Twitter to know how regular updates should be. I know Richmond only update Facebook at the end of each quarter (which for some reason never appears on my news feed?)

I'm not gonna get into "football wars" here. I had a marvellous weekend. Thursday and Friday night I witnessed two thrilling AFL matches and then an intense high-stakes Big Blue in my favourite regular A-League fixture on Saturday night in Melbourne's second best stadium!

There are two football seasons now. Football/Rugby League in Winter, Soccer in Summer.

The overlap can be frustrating when there is a direct clash, but this weekend it all pleasantly worked out well for me.

Meanwhile, I have absolutely no idea who won the Sheffield Shield or the Big Bah League this year.

The Big Bash was entertaining and competitive with good sized crowds.

The Sheffield Shield is an irrelevancy witnessed by two men and a dog.

Hey Traviud, I just knocked you off the top of the tipping leaderboard. Eat my dust.

Back
Top Bottom