Boy band mogul going down in hot water!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This guy was bigtime for those 90s pop acts. How the mighty have fallen.

Yes that's pretty surprising, but didn't some of the people in the bands he had complain years ago about the money he took from them? Who knows what he was up to.

As a longtime Backstreet Boys fan, I have been doing cheers and happy dances every time news like this comes out.

Lou Pearlman ripped off Backstreet, NSuck, Aaron Carter, O-Town, and many many others. He deserves EXACTLY what he gets for cheating all those hard-working individuals out of what was rightfully theirs.

If he gets sent to jail, I'm throwing a party. :wink:

ClaytonsKitten said:
As a longtime Backstreet Boys fan, I have been doing cheers and happy dances every time news like this comes out.

Lou Pearlman ripped off Backstreet, NSuck, Aaron Carter, O-Town, and many many others. He deserves EXACTLY what he gets for cheating all those hard-working individuals out of what was rightfully theirs.

If he gets sent to jail, I'm throwing a party. :wink:

Does this mean we get to see you dance and sing this?

Bye Bye Bye
~ NSync

Hey, hey
Bye, bye (bye, bye)
Bye, bye (bye, bye)

Girl I'm doing this tonight
You're probably gonna start a fight
I know this can't be right
Hey baby come on
I loved you endlessly
And you weren't there for me
So now it's time to leave and make it alone

I know that I can't take no more, it ain't no lie
I wanna see you out that door
Baby bye, bye, bye

(Bye)I don't want to be a fool for you
Just another player in your game for two
You may hate me but it ain't no lie
Bye, bye, bye
(Bye)I don't really want to make it tough
I just wanna tell you that I had enough
Might sound crazy but it ain't no lie
Bye, bye, bye

Oh, oh you just hit me with the truth
Oh girl you're more than welcome to
So give me one good reason baby come on
I live for you and me
And now really come to see
That life would be much better
Once you're gone

I know that I can't take no more, it ain't no lie
I wanna see you out that door
Baby bye, bye, bye

Bye, bye, bye
Bye, bye, bye

I'm giving up I know for sure
I don't wanna be the reason for your love no more
(Bye, bye)
I'm checkin' out, I'm signin' off
I don't want to be the loser and I've had enough

I don't wanna be your fool
In this game for two
So I'm leaving you behind
Bye, bye, bye
I don't wanna make it tough
But I've had enough and it ain't no lie, bye-bye

Bye, bye, bye
Bye, bye, bye

Bye, bye, bye
Bye, bye, bye

I looked for it on the VF site, I don't see it

Page Six

October 2, 2007 -- LOU Pearlman - the hog-fat, boy-band honcho who created *NSYNC and the Backstreet Boys and launched the careers of Justin Timberlake and Nick Carter - was a pervy pedophile who preyed on the young men he mentored, Vanity Fair reports.

"I would absolutely say the guy was a sexual predator. All the talent knew what Lou's game was," Steve Mooney, an aspiring singer who was Pearlman's assistant, told VF's Bryan Burrough. "Some guys joked about it. I remember [one singer] asking me, 'Have you let Lou [fellate] you yet?' "

Mooney said he once asked Pearlman, who was known as "Big Poppa," what it would take for him to get into a band. "I'll never forget this as long as I live. He leaned back in his chair, in his white terry cloth robe and white underwear, and spread his legs," Mooney told Burrough. "And then he said, and these were his exact words, 'You're a smart boy. Figure it out.' " Mooney added that a singer groped by Pearlman told him, "Look, if a guy wants to massage me, and I'm getting a million dollars for it, you just go along with it. It's the price you got to pay."

Phoenix Stone, an early member of the Backstreet Boys, tells Vanity Fair Pearlman was "definitely inappropriate" with Nick Carter. Nick's mom, Jane Carter, wouldn't get into specifics, but said, "Certain things happened and it almost destroyed our family. I tried to warn everyone. I tried to warn all the mothers . . . I tried to expose him for what he was years ago."

Tim Christofore, a member of Take 5, recalls that during a sleepover at Pearlman's house, the music czar swan-dived onto his and another boy's bed and wrestled with them wearing only in a towel, which came off. "We were like, 'Ooh, Lou, that's gross.' What did I know? I was 13," Christofore told Vanity Fair.

Rich Cronin, lead singer of LFO, recalled Pearlman told him of an "ancient massage technique that if I massage you and we bond in a certain way, it will strengthen your aura."

Pearlman, 53, is in a Florida jail awaiting trial on bank fraud charges. Prosecutors say he scammed more than 1,000 investors out of $315 million. He'd been a fugitive until June when he was busted in Indonesia, living under a fake name. His lawyer did not return calls from Page Six.

^^ That's really disturbing, but not really surprising. He sounds like the American version of Jonathon King.

Back
Top Bottom