Bourne Ultimatum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
I am definitely seeing it tomorrow, can't wait. One review I read this morning gave it 3 and 1/2 out of four stars. Paul Greengrass is the director again.

Can't wait to see this.

Loved the first film.

Enjoyed the second/Would have loved it had the plot been more cohesive.

The third one is supposedly the best yet. Should be nice.

I was able to go to a matinee- it was completely action packed, more than even the other two. Sometimes it seemed a bit much but I enjoyed it all the same.

Matt Damon was bourne to play that role :wink: He brings complete credibility to it when it could otherwise seem so silly and ridiculous.

MrsSpringsteen said:
I was able to go to a matinee- it was completely action packed, more than even the other two. Sometimes it seemed a bit much but I enjoyed it all the same.

one reviewer
said it was 7 chase scenes strung together

Yes it is that, but it does it in such a way that you don't realize it as much as you do in something like Die Hard. It's chase scenes but it does it with finesse and class-and the suspense is still there. If you're looking for something new and different in this one compared to the others you won't really find it. I love David Straithairn, I don't think he was in the others-not sure :reject:

Thoroughly enjoyed this movie. It was definitely the best of the three. Matt Damon does a fantastic job as Bourne. It was nice to see a movie that wasn't dependent on CGI - just good old fashioned car chases and hand to hand combat. I really like the few subtles that referenced the first two movies. I'm tempted to go see it again - it was that good.

I thought this was the best of the 3 films.

The big tie in to Supremacy completely threw off my idea of when it all took place.

There's a good article on cnn.com about Matt Damon and Bourne Ultimatum

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Movies/08/06/matt.damon.ap/index.html

"Damon said he senses he's done with the "Bourne" films, but he might be interested if Greengrass were to return to make another.

Greengrass and Damon hope to collaborate on the Iraq war drama "Imperial Life in the Emerald City," though Damon may be unable because of a scheduling conflict for Soderbergh's upcoming corporate-whistleblower tale "The Informant."

"Ludlum's "Bourne" books were set amid the Cold War, but Damon said the movie adaptations reflect our current world. Though the Iraq war is not explicitly mentioned, Bourne's actions and revelations serve as a commentary on those events, he said.

"I just love that he tries to atone for what he's done at the end of the second movie. It was a really nice thing in a kind of mainstream action movie. To have that be your final beat is something I had never seen before, and I liked what that said particularly at that time," Damon said.

"All of these movies are very much of the time that they were made, and at a time when we had gone into this war. To have this character aware of what he had done and try to take responsibility for his actions I thought was a really good thing."

And how is "Bourne Ultimatum" of its time?

"It's this guy who has done these horrible things, but now we see he thought he was doing them for the right reasons at the time he did them, but he realizes he was sold a bill of goods," Damon said. "So that's very much a movie for today."

U2vertigofly said:
The big tie in to Supremacy completely threw off my idea of when it all took place.

Same here. When I saw it I thought it was the bit where Bourne said "Get some sleep..." was a different time but it was from Supremacy. It took a bit to figure out the timeline, but I like how closely they were weaved together.

Back
Top Bottom