Boston area band "FLYNN" You guys heard of em?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

diamond

ONE love, blood, life
Theyre pretty neat.
Lead singer's name is Flynn.

A husky earthy voice and a beautifully melodic sound, they sound like a good club band.:cool:

I have a friend that has turned me on to them.
FLYNN are big U2 fans as well.

Here's a short write up-

Flynn

Rock

Mass., Boston Metro

Search for Flynn's upcoming gigs

flynn@flynnmusic.com

Official Website:
http://www.flynnmusic.com/

IN LIKE FLYNN
Bet you haven't heard this story before...........

An amazingly talented and passionate musician Flynn, emigrates to America to fulfill his dreams of making it in the music business and co-founds a band in Boston, The Cliffs of Dooneen. Immediately in a town of thousands of bands, "The Cliffs" win several high profile awards at the Boston Music Awards while selling out almost every venue in town. Next comes a major label record deal, with Critique/BMG and the release of their debut recording "The Dog Went East And God Went West". The first single, "Through an Open Window", was an immediate hit at radio, landing in the Top 10 of Billboard's Modern Rock charts. Next, Flynn is seen constantly in the press, on MTV and on stages across the country. While touring America he hears his bands' music on the radio nationwide.. his dream is fulfilled... so it would seem.

As our true "Behind The Music" story continues, there is the proverbial twist... It has nothing to do with drugs, sex or lawsuits, but rather a life altering accident that very nearly left Flynn paralyzed for life. The nightmare involved falling 35 feet from a ladder at his house in Boston. It caused one of his center vertebrae to burst leaving two fragments of bone pushing in on his spinal chord. With his back shattered and his future uncertain, Flynn's musical dreams came together stronger and he started his amazing recovery back into the music world. Flynn spent 10 hours in surgery followed by weeks in the hospital. Then there were months of fighting to regain movement in his arms, hands, legs and his ability to walk again. Always a fighter, Flynn went on a maniacal journey to rehabilitate his body and regain his ability to make music again. With daily rehabilitation and constant pain still racking his body, Flynn immediately joined forces with his close friend Lex Lianos, the Cliffs of Dooneen's other founding member. Lex, at the time, was playing drums with Alexi Lalas, the soccer star whose band was touring with Hootie and the Blowfish in Europe. Lex dropped everything to join his friend's band. Next they enlisted Scott Padgett, a transplanted South Carolina bass phenom to round out the trio. As it happens, Scott is a survivor of the same back operation as Flynn.

With his band in place, Flynn is releasing his debut CD "On Your Way" in the Fall of 2001, exactly 2 years from the date of the accident that changed his life forever. This release is the result of several years of work in the studio with producer Tom Waltz, who has worked with the likes of the Mighty Mighty Bostones, Letters to Cleo and Marky Mark. With this release, Flynn combines his uncanny ability to reach people through song, drawing from the wisdom and insight that comes from surviving a life changing event. His music is both new and classic at the same time. With songs as honest, passionate and exciting as his life has been, Flynn's live show is drawing excited crowds all over New England and he is once again selling out the clubs and creating the buzz with his music. Flynn has no intention of getting up on a ladder anytime soon, he is climbing to success one show at a time, one step at a time......

(cool shit)-db9

Ralph Jaccodine / Jonathan Lev Management
P.O. Box 381978
Cambridge, MA. 02238
Phone: 617-441-3808

DB9
fllynnbandbackdropweb2.jpg

Last edited:
not an extremely memorable set...i guess they were ok, i found it kind of boring that the singer basically spent more stage-time flirting with these two girls, who were probably still in high school, rather than actually playing music...

the bass player was cool

diamond said:
So "Flynn" was a..'romie-ho'?:hmm:

That is one of the funniest words I've heard in a long time.

Sounds like some bizarre word that Cujo or I would use in a poem of sorts.

u2popmofo said:

That is one of the funniest words I've heard in a long time.

Sounds like some bizarre word that Cujo or I would use in a poem of sorts.

yeah it does *waits to see how it's used in a cujo or mofo poem*

:up: Diamond.

The best comment I've seen from you yet. I only wish I had patented that name first...

I saw Flynn open for Simple Minds last June solo. there was apparemntly a mix up and the band wasn't there, just Flynn and his guitar. I enjoyed his set quite a bit.

And Cliffs of Doneen were a great band in the day. "Through an Open Window" has a very U2-ish sound to it, one of the great local songs here in the past couple of decades.

Back
Top Bottom