Born To Run Vs. Darkness On The Edge Of Town

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which is better?

• Born To Run

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • Darkness On The Edge Of Town

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters

TheBrazilianFly

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Which is the better album? I think it's Born To Run simply because it has more classics. I mean: Thunder Road, Born To Run, Backstreets, Jungleland and She's The One. :crack: That's hard t beat! Darkness is a great album and I LOVE all the songs there but BTR has that iconic and epic feeling that is irresistible!! :drool:

Last edited:
Hewson said:
Darkness
Adam Raised a Cain and Candy's Room are enough to win without any other songs.

What about Badlands? :ohmy: :drool:

By the way thanks for giving you opinion but I don't think you have VOTED on the poll cause ther's no vote for Darkness right now. :scratch:

Darkness is a perfect album. Born to Run is close. Very, very close. Both of them are wonderful conceptually, so based on individual songs, I'm partial to Darkness.

I won't vote.
Not only because of something I have to be ashamed of (or rather, two things I have to...), but also because both are just so damn good.

Can't choose.

:uhoh:

For me it's Born to Run without a doubt. I adore that album. If I had to pick only one Springsteen album to listen to it would be Born to Run. I remember when it first came out... I was hooked right awayand I still think of it as the iconic Springsteen album.

Popmartijn said:
I won't vote.
Not only because of something I have to be ashamed of (or rather, two things I have to...), but also because both are just so damn good.

Can't choose.

:uhoh:

Same here. It was Spirit in the Night that got me into Bruce but when Born to Run came out I died and went to heaven. On some level I think that Darkness might be a better record (if a gun is pointed to my head and I have to pick) but Born to Run will always mean more to me.

For me, the essential Bruce albums are Darkness, Born to Run, Greetings, and the Rising.

Second tier albums are Born in the USA and Nebraska.

Everything else is somewhere down here.

So really, while Darkness is my favorite, I would have a really hard time choosing a number 2, 3, and 4.

martha said:
Marty! :shame:

Haven't we talked about this? Do you need me to come over there and get your butt to the record store? Well?

We have. :reject:
Well I...
It's just...
Well I just a...
I...
Well I just...

Well I just don't know!

I have The Essential (which has a few tracks from those albums) and I have far superior live versions on the Brucelegs. Plus, I'm still hoping those albums will be remastered, as I understand the sound of BTR is quite murky. While I don't mind that sound for Nebraska (which is also still high on my Bruce wishlist), I rather hope that say a sonically improved Born To Run will jump out of my speakers (instead of hitting a soft wall it does now a bit).

And oh, you may always come over here and get my butt to the record store. Please! :hyper:

:sexywink:

marty, i'm shocked! :shock:

:wink:

(i'm aware that this thread is a page or two back but i'm bumping it anyway)

darkness on the edge of town.

i like 'thunder road' more than any song on it, but as a whole i like the songs better than born to run.

it's a toss-up between darkness and nebraska for which springsteen album is my favorite.

IWasBored said:
marty, i'm shocked! :shock:

:wink:

It's good to see I can still shock you! :mac:

Now, what if I say I also don't have Nebraska yet! :p

*did listen to the first disc of The Essential on the drive home*

Popmartijn said:

It's good to see I can still shock you! :mac:

Now, what if I say I also don't have Nebraska yet! :p

*did listen to the first disc of The Essential on the drive home*

:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

you don't have nebraska either?

:faint: what are you waiting for? go to the record store!

Born To Run.

I'm missing something with Darkness cos I just don't rate it. Many a Springsteen fans favourite and certainly the older folk. Although Racing..is still my favourite Bruce track of all.

Back
Top Bottom