Born To Run-Listening Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
me neither... although I am IMing with my sister-in-law, and ordering dinner, and daughter is out at sleepover :sexywink:

:drool: i was listening to born in the usa before this, "dancing in the dark" cannot touch "thunder road".

IWasBored said:
:drool: i was listening to born in the usa before this, "dancing in the dark" cannot touch "thunder road".

And as much as I love "Dancing in the Dark," you're absolutely right. "Thunder Road" is my favorite Springsteen song.

my roommate gave me the dirtiest look when i whistled along to the sax solo at the end. i've got to stop doing that, it's wicked annoying. but it's either that or sing it. :shifty:

MrBrau1 said:
Springsteen songs have ALOT of lyrics.

The early ones, especially.

You gotta problem with that? :wink:

Oh, thunder road, oh thunder road

hell, not even I can keep up with Bruce's singing here ... :wink:

:drool:

jobob said:

And as much as I love "Dancing in the Dark," you're absolutely right. "Thunder Road" is my favorite Springsteen song.

i hate to say [insert song here] is my favorite springsteen song because i know the second i do, i'll change my mind. but it's one of my top favorites if not #1.

tenth avenue freeze out. i'm not a huge fan. i think i over dossed on it when i first got the album. and that long-ass version on the live in ny video from a couple years ago, with the super-extended band intros...that killed it for me. :slant:

I wonder what it was like to hear this album for the first time when it was first released. I was all of 8 years old at the time and was still listening to Disney records.

jobob said:

The early ones, especially.

You gotta problem with that? :wink:

Oh, thunder road, oh thunder road

hell, not even I can keep up with Bruce's singing here ... :wink:

:drool:

I love his lyrics, he has ALOT, and they're usually good.

Hello everybody! :wave:

10th Avenue is great but the live versions is 10 thousand times better. Even though the hard rocking versions of this song on the Darkness tour are amazing the Live In NYC version is too fucking amazing! Bruce's voice is sooooo strong!!!!

:bow:

Bono's shades said:
I wonder what it was like to hear this album for the first time when it was first released. I was all of 8 years old at the time and was still listening to Disney records.

i was a large number of negative years old. :shifty: so yeah...i wonder, too. maybe check out eric alterman's book if you havne't, uh....what was that called....i'll look it up. there was a long something in there about his perception of the album when it came out.

IWasBored said:

i hate to say [insert song here] is my favorite springsteen song because i know the second i do, i'll change my mind. but it's one of my top favorites if not #1.

tenth avenue freeze out. i'm not a huge fan.

The legend of the formation of the E Street Band set to music? With excellent sax solos by The Big Man? How could a Springsteen fan not be a fan of Tenth Avenue Freeze Out? Beats me.

MrBrau1 said:
Listen to the 12 string acoustic strumming in the right speaker in Night. Springsteen:drool:

speakers are moving accross the desk for that one.

Back
Top Bottom