Born To Run-Listening Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MrBrau1 said:
Warm Beer!

On the hood of a Dodge on a warm summer night!

Giant Exxon signs, cops with cherry tops, kids with guitars ... Magic Rat and his slick machine over the Jersey State Line ...

wow, just how much imagery did Bruce put into his early work?

this part just keeps going. normally i consider that a bad thing, but it's so good.

jobob said:

Fly, is that on the Barcelona DVD? I haven't seen that DVD yet (I love the Barcelona Dancing in the Dark arrangement ...)

Oh here comes Jungleland ... "The Rangers had a homecoming in Harlem late last night ..."

:drool:
Yes, it is! You REALLY should watch it. The World's Apart - Badlands - She's The One moment is one of the best moments ever!!! The whole show is really good. And that Dancing In The Dark version made me actually like that song. :hyper:

jobob said:

Giant Exxon signs, cops with cherry tops, kids with guitars ... Magic Rat and his slick machine over the Jersey State Line ...

buckets and buckets full of imagery.

jobob said:

It's really amazing. He's as good as Dylan.

Meeting Across The River

I gotta say after the powerhouse of She's The One I wamt more of that and MATR is the exact opossite. But it's still a very nice song.

Can't wait for Jungleland!!! :drool:

"... and the poets down here don't write nothin' at all, they just stand back and let it all be"

It's ending ... :sad:

Now I need to play it over again.

I gotta say that one of my favorite moments on any song ever is when the organ on Jungleland (during the intro) comes in during the "From the churches to the jails..." part. Simply amazing! :drool:

jungeland must be played again.

:lmao: yeah yertle, that would be a great idea. :shifty: actually, i'd love to subject you all to the sinners & saints 'the sky is falling' album because it's probably my favorite thing ever recorded by anyone. but i'm sure you'd all come to my house and stone me cos i don't think everyone would be too much of a fan...

Bono's shades said:
And it's over. :|

yeah, that was really depressing. although it meant i could run to the bathroom. my enjoyment of the latter half of jungleland was severely compromised by really needing to pee. of course, i didn't want to press pause or anything. make my kidneys suffer.

looking over that post, that was probably more than anyone needed to know, if they even read it.

Last edited:
yertle-the-turtle said:
Finished. That record was less than forty minutes.

Hey I think for the next party let's listen to one of IWB's crazy punk/hardcore records. Would be something different.

At the end of the Abbey Road party I asked the others what they wanted:

Classic Albums, or something obscure.

Everyone wanted Classic. But I would love to do something different.

Thoughts?

i like classic just because i'm not familiar with as many classic albums as i should be.

but then i'm guilty of only voting for the classics that i've heard a million times.

i'd like to do exile on main street, though, which is a middle ground for me...having heard it, but not listened to it extensively.

hahaha, perfect.

i'm still on jungleland second listen. it's almost over though.

IWasBored said:
i like classic just because i'm not familiar with as many classic albums as i should be.

but then i'm guilty of only voting for the classics that i've heard a million times.

i'd like to do exile on main street, though, which is a middle ground for me...having heard it, but not listened to it extensively.

I love that record. I sent you that record:wink:

My original plan with this was to play music I loved, for people who'd never heard it before. Greedy fucker that I am :|

I like the idea of listening to a record we all love together.

But I love the idea of turning someone onto something they've never heard before.

I mean, we give the record away for these parties.

Back
Top Bottom