Born to Run 30th anniversary edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

patske

Refugee
Quick question..
Did anybody bought the Born to Run 30th anniversary edition?
Is it any good..
Off course I know the Album is excellent, but the extra's are they worth the money?

The Live DVD and the documentary??

Thanks...

No extra tracks but a Live DVD and Documentaries..

Born To Run 30th Ann.3cd
Compact Disc
1. Cd1
Titellijst
1. Thunder Road
2. Tenth Avenue Freeze Out
3. Night
4. Backstreets
5. Born To Run
6. She¿S The One
7. Meeting Across The River
8. Jungleland
Compact Disc
2. Cd2
Titellijst
1. Thunder Road (Never Before Seen 1975 Concert From Hammersmith Odeon, London Feat.Over 2 Hours Of Music)
2. Tenth Avenue Freeze Out
3. Spirit In The Night
4. Lost In The Flood
5. She¹S The One
6. Born To Run
7. The E Street Shuffle/Having A Party
8. It¹S Hard To Be A Saint In The City
9. Backstreets
10. Kitty'S Back
11. Jungleland
12. Rosalita
13. 4th Of July Asbury Park (Sandy)
14. Detroit Medley
15. For You
16. Quarter To Three
Compact Disc
3. Cd3
Titellijst
1. Documentary Dvd:The Definitive Story Of Making Of Born To Run.
2. New Interviews
3. Rare Archival Footage

patske said:
Quick question..
Did anybody bought the Born to Run 30th anniversary edition?
Is it any good..
Off course I know the Album is excellent, but the extra's are they worth the money?

The Live DVD and the documentary??

Thanks...

Why haven't you bought this one yet? :mad:
Run to the store... NOW!!! :angry:

The remastered album sounds incredible. Just amazing. :eek:

As for the extras, there is one DVD with an in-depth 90-minute documentary about the making of the Born To Run album, with lots of interviews with Bruce, the E Street Band (old and new members), Jon Landau, Mike Appel, Jimmy Iovine, etc. That DVD also has as bonus tracks 3 songs from a showcase in LA in 1973.
But the grail -and the reason you should already have had this boxset for almost a week- is a complete 1975 concert from London. :ohmy: The concert recorded was Bruce's European debut and is absolutely stunning! He and the band are in top form and it's a 2-hour rock'n'soul celebration. :rockon:

So run to your record store and but it!
You will not be disappointed.

:)

Okelidokeli Popmmartijn.. You convinced me..
After work I will go to the record store and buy it..
:drool:

PS. Don't tell my girlfriend.. If she finds out, I went to the record store again.. she'll probably kill me.. :shh:

Agreed with Popmartijn. The 1975 concert is a wonder to behold. Absolutely amazing.

The documentary is very cool. For me, the best part about it was hearing what Mike Appel had to say. For all the things that went down between Appel, Landau, and Springsteen, it's good that they hold no ill will toward each other.

As for the remastered Born To Run, well, let's put it this way:

They need to do that for all of Bruce's albums. NOW!!

I got it Tuesday, I've yet to have the time to listen to the CD or watch the DVDs

I hear it's great though

Did anyone see the CBS Sunday Morning interview? Little Steven should really button up that shirt, people are eating breakfast :D

MrsSpringsteen said:
I got it Tuesday, I've yet to have the time to listen to the CD or watch the DVDs

yeah, same here. i think i'll go do that now.

I had it in my hand when I was buying the U2 DVD this past week. I opted not to buy it yet, but will probably do so in the near future. This is my fav Bruce album :drool:

dvd is fucking amazing :combust:

or the london 1975 one is, still haven't watched the other one.

"lost in the flood" really is a great song. for some reason i always forget about it. gotta stop doing that.

I will be buying this next week along with the Vertigo DVD

Im much looking forward to the live dvd, the documentary and the booklet

Im not sure how much different a remastered cd can sound, I have this album on vinyl and I love the sound.

I watched the CBS morning thing and It definitely made me want it more
and whoever said the comment about Little Steven...well, I couldnt agree more!!!!

i don't hear and difference between the undigitally remastered cd and the regular cd, but my speakers system ain't so great...

I don't have the original issued CD of BTR but I did a small comparison with Born To Run from The Essential (which is a remastered version from 2003). In short, there was no contest. The newly remastered album sounds so much clearer!
:drool:

I have the original CD, the gold CD and this new Born To Run. This new remaster is incredible.

However, I don't hear as much difference between this remaster and the songs that were remastered for Essential. Maybe it's just me.

I listened to the CD on a crap stereo and it didn't sound much different to me. My computer has good speakers so I'm going to try that.

I love the Wings For Wheels documentary- it's amazing how much work went into that album, especially when you consider how little work must go into crap albums that are put out these days.

I fell asleep when I was watching the Hammersmith DVD :reject: it's only because I wasn't feeling well. That hat Bruce, that hat..a friend said she thinks Bruce is hotter now, I think I agree :wink:

They just announced that they will be releasing the 1975 show as its own 2 CD set now. It's coming out in February. This will be the first complete Springsteen show to ever be officially released on CD.

Very cool! Let's hope this is the start of something big.

:up:

phanan said:
They just announced that they will be releasing the 1975 show as its own 2 CD set now. It's coming out in February. This will be the first complete Springsteen show to ever be officially released on CD.

Very cool! Let's hope this is the start of something big.

:up:

Wow, that's great news. I always hoped that they would start releasing some Bruce concerts on CD, similar to Dylan's "Bootleg Series".

After this, they need to release something from the Darkness tour!

Back
Top Bottom