Boring Lava Field, Oregon - Page 48 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-11-2008, 11:17 PM   #706
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26

But it would also be unfair to him.

To be a bit crass, bros before hos.
I agree with that 100%. I made the indecision of doing something similar in the past. The relationship ended (because it was, after all, a high school relationship) and so did the friendship. All three of us ended with nothing.

Old 04-11-2008, 11:17 PM   #707
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by the tourist

Fix'd
thanks

Old 04-11-2008, 11:18 PM   #708
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by unico

precisely. sucks about the girl, and her sending mixed signals is not cool. she should't be toying with you two like that.
She was probably just horny and wanted a 3-way.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:18 PM   #709
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Screwtape2

Put yourself in her position. If she isn't interested in you nothing happens but if she is then at least she makes the choice. Your friend is the unfortunate victim whether you tell her or not. Friends shouldn't have other friends in pain.
What??? Are you serious? A friend going after a friend's significant other is all sorts of fucked up. Do you not value your friendships at all?
Old 04-11-2008, 11:19 PM   #710
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes

thanks
Old 04-11-2008, 11:19 PM   #711
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Quote:

What about you in all this? It isn't right that you bite the bullet and don't act. She deserves to make the choice and you deserve to get if off your chest. That's my opinion at least. Don't let yourself go on never knowing. Trust me that is no way to live.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:19 PM   #712
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Put yourself in her position. If she isn't interested in you nothing happens but if she is then at least she makes the choice. Your friend is the unfortunate victim whether you tell her or not. Friends shouldn't have other friends in pain.
Your last two sentences say that he is the victim, but I shouldn't have him in pain.

It's contradictory. I could just as easily say, put yourself in his position: he just started a relationship with a girl he clearly likes. His friend tells his new girlfriend that he's into her? How fucking horrible is that for him?
Old 04-11-2008, 11:19 PM   #713
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:

i agree. i would be livid if i was dating someone and my friend decided she liked him and started moving in on him.

unfortunately, in my opinion, the only thing you can do is wait it out and see if you still like her when they break up.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:20 PM   #714
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

What??? Are you serious? A friend going after a friend's significant other is all sorts of fucked up. Do you not value your friendships at all?
I guess it is the ideal of the romantic, and Screwtape is a romantic. I don't agree with it, though.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:21 PM   #715
The Male

Quote:
Well, she has a boyfriend. My buddy is her boyfriend. She's hung out with us two nights in a row and is sending incredibly mixed signals to everyone. I've no idea what the hell is going on.

Apparently she's now aware that I'm into her, though.
My advice:

Stay the fuck away until he's completely out of the picture. And yes, in all likelihood, they will split eventually. But you need to have patience and let things play out naturally, or you'll look really desperate/rude. And that's simply not attractive.

Besides, as you said so eloquently, bros before hos. You'll be interested in many women during your lifetime, but people that you genuinely connect with are pretty rare.

Now.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:21 PM   #716
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Quote:

Stop. I'm not telling Pfan to seduce her or try to break them up. I just believe he should tell her his feelings. That is only fair to the two of them.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:21 PM   #717
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by the tourist

love your guitar btw
Old 04-11-2008, 11:23 PM   #718
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

What about you in all this? It isn't right that you bite the bullet and don't act. She deserves to make the choice and you deserve to get if off your chest. That's my opinion at least. Don't let yourself go on never knowing. Trust me that is no way to live.
They're in high school. How many high school relationships last? PFan, don't do it. Because seriously, a high school relationship isn't worth losing a friend over. Especially one if the girl had no qualms about leaving her former for you--it makes her less committed, in my mind, to the already non-commital high school dating scene.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:23 PM   #719
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon
My advice:

Stay the fuck away until he's completely out of the picture. And yes, in all likelihood, they will split eventually. But you need to have patience and let things play out naturally, or you'll look really desperate/rude. And that's simply not attractive.

Besides, as you said so eloquently, bros before hos. You'll be interested in many women during your lifetime, but people that you genuinely connect with are pretty are.
'Tis exactly what I was going to do, as a matter of fact. This is just complicating it a little bit.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:23 PM   #720
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Your last two sentences say that he is the victim, but I shouldn't have him in pain.

It's contradictory. I could just as easily say, put yourself in his position: he just started a relationship with a girl he clearly likes. His friend tells his new girlfriend that he's into her? How fucking horrible is that for him?
You are all three victims. Telling her is fair to you, her and your friend. That's all I'm saying.

Tags
superthread