Boring Lava Field, Oregon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:
I love how this thread is kicking along nicely, but it's hard to keep up with you're doing something else, e.g. checking out the cool train footage you got today ...

I hear about trains all the time now. What happened to cooking/baking?

LemonMacPhisto said:

Agreed.

Maybe this isn't completely fair, but I judge previous competitors on how their current list differs from their past ones. It's not a huge factor in my ranking, but it does bother me some when a current list feels no different than a previous entry.

Do you feel mine was a positive progression?

Axver said:
I love how this thread is kicking along nicely, but it's hard to keep up with you're doing something else, e.g. checking out the cool train footage you got today ...

Nerd.

LemonMacPhisto said:

Agreed.

Maybe this isn't completely fair, but I judge previous competitors on how their current list differs from their past ones. It's not a huge factor in my ranking, but it does bother me some when a current list feels no different than a previous entry.

Ahh, you like the feel the difference? Now, would you say a person should differ in format (ie I used vinyl this time--should I make an unbroken playlist next time), or in song style, or in format of song style?

LemonMacPhisto said:

Agreed.

My artists don't differ that much, but my theme and mood are a complete overhaul.

KhanadaRhodes said:

i can see all the invisible people :drool:

How many people are invisible? Can you also see through walls? I wish I'd had that power in high school. Locker rooms after swimming. :drool:

LemonMelon said:

Do you feel mine was a positive progression?

Yes.

You can't change the kind of music you like, so band/artist repetition isn't a huge deal at all, but it had a different vibe than your last one. This was more restrained than the last one, too - you couldn't get away with a Purple Rain-type song this time around.

Like I said earlier, the flow/concept helped make up for any songs I didn't care for.

the tourist said:

I hear about trains all the time now. What happened to cooking/baking?

I cooked and baked stuff to last me ages. I'm only now starting to seriously run out.

phillyfan26 said:

To browse FYM without being noticed.

Irvine is still all kinds of awesome.

I don't think I've spoken to Irvine since Irvine told me to get a job once.

the tourist said:

Ahh, you like the feel the difference? Now, would you say a person should differ in format (ie I used vinyl this time--should I make an unbroken playlist next time), or in song style, or in format of song style?

Song-style takes precedence over the format, but that's a factor for me, too.

phillyfan26 said:

My artists don't differ that much, but my theme and mood are a complete overhaul.

This is a good example.

In deciding between sleeping (I've to wake up in six hours for work) and re-watching Old Gregg, I've chosen the latter.

I honestly haven't seen Old Gregg since September or October.

Daaaamn some of this footage is cool. :drool:

Can't wait for my railfan friend to get home and upload her videos, as one should have caught me blurting out "well, that was fucking dumb!" We catch each other swearing on the videos fairly frequently ...

phillyfan26 said:
In deciding between sleeping (I've to wake up in six hours for work) and re-watching Old Gregg, I've chosen the latter.

You've chosen wisely, muthalicka.

LemonMacPhisto said:

Song-style takes precedence over the format, but that's a factor for me, too.

This is a good example.

Ahh I see. I'd be interested in knowing what you'll think of mine.

LemonMacPhisto said:

Yes.

You can't change the kind of music you like, so band/artist repetition isn't a huge deal at all, but it had a different vibe than your last one. This was more restrained than the last one, too - you couldn't get away with a Purple Rain-type song this time around.

Like I said earlier, the flow/concept helped make up for any songs I didn't care for.

:up: Thanks for the analysis.

My next list (ahem...other next list :wink:) will basically just be all about rocking the fuck out. It's the complete opposite of this one in every conceivable way. I'm just trying to think of a way to balance it out so it's not the aural equivalent of a pelvic thrust for two hours straight.

phillyfan26 said:

The hell is Old Gregg?

And I got six hours of sleep last night. I've been fucked over all day. I don't know how I'm still functioning/why I'm going to U2 2D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom