Boring Lava Field, Oregon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LemonMacPhisto said:

At a party and they're 20 minutes late.

The media monkeys and the junky junkies will always invite you to the plastic pantomime.

Throw the invites away.

mysterious_jen said:
im off too , few things to take care of before the trek up the highway, and get this ax, dannys mum wants to meet me :yikes:

:lol:!

By the way, I just sent you an e-mail re: where we're meeting.

phillyfan26 said:

The media monkeys and the junky junkies will always invite you to the plastic pantomime.

Throw the invites away.

So, you showed your penis to the man from the greeting card company.

So far, my rankings go:

1. LM
2. Axver
3. PTG/TRE
4. Screwtape
5, 6. Khan or PFan
7. LJT
8. Bono212

LemonMelon said:
Pfan, I'm compiling grades for my playlist. What did you give mine, B or B+?

I think my list was:
Axver: A-
LeMel: B
Screwtape: B
LeMacPhi: B-
LJT: C+
Bono_212: C

I'm really fucking behind. I need to listen to Khan's list, like, tomorrow.

the tourist said:
So far, my rankings go:

1. LM
2. Axver
3. PTG/TRE
4. Screwtape
5, 6. Khan or PFan
7. LJT
8. Bono212

I can't believe I'm #2 for you.

PFan seemed to enjoy mine too. I really thought nobody outside of Screwtape and maybe phanan would appreciate it.

phillyfan26 said:

I think my list was:

I wouldn't consider 6 behind.

phanan said:
Gotta say though - I loved your playlist. I'm of course already into quite a few of the artists on there, but I thought the songs went from one to the other so beautifully. Yes, even the Spice Girls song worked. :wink:

Yours is my favorite from Group 1 so far, although it'll be tough to top Screwtape after I hear his.
thanks! :) i appreciate the compliment. hehe yeah, i'm sure screwtape will be tough to beat, but as long as people like my playlist, i'm happy, even if i don't win. (k that's a lie, of course winning is fucking awesome)

I've listened to two playlists. :reject:

I've just barely been home ...

Axver said:

PFan seemed to enjoy mine too. I really thought nobody outside of Screwtape and maybe phanan would appreciate it.

I loved yours. The spoken word shit was absolutely haunting

Axver said:

Yours was more out there for me genre-wise, but impressed me much more than any other playlist.

I'd say you and Screwtape have been more impressive, whereas LeMel and LeMacPhi had better songs for me.

I did revise LMP's score, if you noticed. I thought I was kind of distracted on my first listen and gave it a second spin (I'm hoping to do second spins for most, but the pace I'm at isn't good). I liked it better the second time.

Axver said:
I think it can work though. For example, in my DI III, obviously Six Months In A Leaky Boat was imperative given it was the closest I had to a title track, and World Where You Live and Part Of Me Part Of You perfectly described the attitudes I wished to express at those points of the tracklist.

She Will Have Her Way helped to expand on all that, but another song really could've done the job just as well.
exactly. i think they all conveyed a point of the story i was telling. maybe i could've done without albert of india, especially as it was an instrumental, but i thought the mood of the song worked.

it's better than i've done before though, where i've used split enz, crowded house, schnell fenster, tim finn, etc. i showed some restraint this time :wink:

Best list I've heard so far is probably Screwtape's, but I've only listened through a few. LMP's list had some great tunes, but so did Screwtape's, along with better flow.

Axver said:

I had some thoughts about it a few pages back.

Overall, extremely well-done per usual.

phillyfan26 said:

I think my list was:

OK, so I currently have one A, one A-, and a B. I'm hoping that A and B streak holds steady.

...Except for Axver, of course. In that case, a C would be stunning. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom