Boring Lava Field, Oregon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the tourist said:
When does the voting start? Monday?

Probably Tuesday, actually. For Round One, I'll only do two matches at a time. That would be four days, so Tuesday-Friday would work. Starting with Round Two, we do four matches each day. I don't waste time. :wink:

I'm also thinking you might not see anything on the weekends. I personally think we all do things at different times on weekends, and sometimes the voting is far less because some people might not be around as much. I think doing it during the week is better.

KhanadaRhodes said:

hey dr. dré, but we already knew that :wave:

I think today's nerdy jaunt was more evidence than anyone will ever need.

KhanadaRhodes said:

ha, i nerded out today as well. did you go tramspotting again? :asks the obvious:

I got up at 6:15am to go trainspotting. And we railfanned through to about 20 minutes ago. It's now just on 2pm. Good non-existent God.

Oh yeah, and I'm doing dinner and likely U2 2D with the Aussie crew tonight.

phanan said:

Probably Tuesday, actually. For Round One, I'll only do two matches at a time. That would be four days, so Tuesday-Friday would work. Starting with Round Two, we do four matches each day. I don't waste time. :wink:

According to my calculations, your first match will be against me on Friday. :up:

phillyfan26 said:
Any thoughts on mine from people who haven't already told me their thoughts?

I've listened to yours now. For the most part, I think you did very well. I thought your sequencing of songs worked, and obviously you have many classics on there that would be perfect for the premise of this competition.

If there's one thing I would fault you on (and you aren't the only one who falls into this category), it's that you could have diversified a bit better. For example, you already had a Beatles song on there, so I think it was a bit overkill to also have Lennon and McCartney separately as well. You've also got Sting and The Police, RHCP and Frusciante, etc. To me personally, I would have mixed in a few more different artists.

If I had to give a letter grade, I'd probably say a B.

phillyfan26 said:

Short but I really liked it, I wouldn't of minded if it was a little longer but at least it had no filler.

10 minute Bowie song I didn't know FTW :wink:

phanan said:

I've listened to yours now. For the most part, I think you did very well. I thought your sequencing of songs worked, and obviously you have many classics on there that would be perfect for the premise of this competition.

If there's one thing I would fault you on (and you aren't the only one who falls into this category), it's that you could have diversified a bit better. For example, you already had a Beatles song on there, so I think it was a bit overkill to also have Lennon and McCartney separately as well. You've also got Sting and The Police, RHCP and Frusciante, etc. To me personally, I would have mixed in a few more different artists.

If I had to give a letter grade, I'd probably say a B.

Don't forget U2 and Edge. :wink:

I know exactly what you mean. I have relatively narrow tastes, so a 240 minute list stretches me a bit on artists.

phillyfan26 said:

Gonna give it a spin tomorrow afternoon while I'm writing my short film script.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom