Boring Lava Field, Oregon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the tourist said:

Axver's probably won't win due to the screaming, PTG/TRE's probaboly won't win due to the classical. That puts you at the top (of what I've listened to thusfar).

I just want to do better than last year (losing to Screwtape in the quarterfinals :wink: ).

Screwtape2 said:
Fine don't listen to me Pfan. I just think you have ever right to tell her how you feel. :shrug:

I will do so after the relationship ends, most likely.

phanan said:

I recall you mentioning that you were having issues downloading one of my links. Were you ever able to do so?

I still haven't gotten section 3. It goes to the "can't find page" deal after I click on the link on the mediafire site.

phanan said:

Take it from someone who is older than you, and actually the rest of you here, and has been through this before. You don't screw over your friends. There is more of a chance of the friendship lasting a lifetime than anything that could happen with this girl, especially if she is playing games like this.

I'll be honest. I'd rather have a lasting relationship with a woman than a lifelong friend. :shrug:

Screwtape2 said:

I'll be honest. I'd rather have a lasting relationship with a woman than a lifelong friend. :shrug:

But he's in high school. Their relationship would not last.

Irishteen said:

Wow didn't expect that explanation please

Too bad A- isn't good enough for our group...:wink:

Pretty much for the same reasons I said for L-Mel.

The flow between the tracks was pretty perfect - the First Day of My Life -> Jigsaw transition in particular got me excited. The concept has been my favorite in any game so far.

I enjoyed the Mos tracks, with the Siouxsee track being my favorite "new song" of your set, even if he was a little too heavily featured. There were enough great tracks to nix out the Backstreet Boys one (it was used well in context, too) :wink:

My goal is to do better the second time around (as I think my list is too "poppy" this time). And I think I know why you don't like my Soda vinyl at all, Screwtape--it's because of the difference of our creativity. I love it because I write pop songs, but you don't like it because you'd rather produce soundscapes.

the tourist said:
My goal is to do better the second time around (as I think my list is too "poppy" this time). And I think I know why you don't like my Soda vinyl at all, Screwtape--it's because of the difference of our creativity. I love it because I write pop songs, but you don't like it because you'd rather produce soundscapes.

Yeah, I think that's it.

I'm on Atomic Bono's list right now. I'll probably go for Irishteen's next to see the hype around it.

LemonMacPhisto said:

Your last list was my favorite last time around, and while this one isn't as strong song-wise, it has an interesting and well-executed concept, the flow is terrific (the middle third, especially), and I dig songs I haven't heard before ("Eye Know," "Play in the Sunshine," "Jack-Ass," por ejemplo.)

The only issues are that the ending loses steam after the Dylan song and picks up at the last 2 songs at the end and that I wasn't too keen on a few tracks (the Streets and XTC tracks come to mind).

It's going to be hard to find a better list, I think. Good job.

Awesome. :up:

Looking back, I probably should have made the ending about four songs shorter and added another two to the middle.

phanan said:

Yeah, you're right. Doesn't seem to be doing anything. Damn it.

I'll try to get a new link up for it ASAP.

No problem. I'm only in my 9th playlist. I got lots more already downloaded that I can listen to before I need to get to yours. :up:

Screwtape2 said:

Too bad we won't meet again unless it is in the finals. :wink:

Oh my goal is to make it the finals once.

Wouldn't that be awesome? Both of our lists are superior to last year's. Yours has stronger song choices, and mine has much more depth.

I think next time, I will try to take into account more people's general musical taste, and not just my own, when making a playlist. It won't be pure Andrew then, but it'll definitely get better than a B- (on its one lonesome scoring so far).

LemonMacPhisto said:

Pretty much for the same reasons I said for L-Mel.

The flow between the tracks was pretty perfect - the First Day of My Life -> Jigsaw transition in particular got me excited. The concept has been my favorite in any game so far.

I enjoyed the Mos tracks, with the Siouxsee track being my favorite "new song" of your set, even if he was a little too heavily featured. There were enough great tracks to nix out the Backstreet Boys one (it was used well in context, too) :wink:

Thanks, and I have to admit I really liked your list too and LM's, they were both deserving of being in our "Group of Death" :wink: , haven't heard Phanan's or Zoots ones yet but I'm sure they'll be just as deserving of the group placement :wink:

Screwtape2 said:

Absolutely nothing wrong with that, Screwtape. In fact, I don't think anyone would argue that point. Everybody, at some point, is looking for a soul mate, someone to share your innermost feelings with, someone to be your best friend as you get older.

But, you need patience with that. It takes time to find that special person in your life. More likely than not, it doesn't happen on a whim in high school.

Trust me, I know this, from personal experience when I was 18. I used to think the way you do. It just doesn't pan out the way you are hoping it does. Not at that age, at least.

Don't worry, though. You'll go through it soon enough. Nobody ever really knows what it's like until they experience it first hand.

phanan said:

Absolutely nothing wrong with that, Screwtape. In fact, I don't think anyone would argue that point. Everybody, at some point, is looking for a soul mate, someone to share your innermost feelings with, someone to be your best friend as you get older.

But, you need patience with that. It takes time to find that special person in your life. More likely than not, it doesn't happen on a whim in high school.

Trust me, I know this, from personal experience when I was 18. I used to think the way you do. It just doesn't pan out the way you are hoping it does. Not at that age, at least.

Don't worry, though. You'll go through it soon enough. Nobody ever really knows what it's like until they experience first hand.

Perfect explanation, Phanan.

I used to think the way you do, too, Screwtape. Trust me, I did. A couple bad experiences changed it, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom