Boring Lava Field, Oregon - Page 26 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-11-2008, 07:45 AM   #376
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 08:52 PM
Venue: Pacific Ocean

Main set: Walk To The Water

Comments: After the plane disintegrates, U2 drown in the Pacific Ocean. As he goes under, Bono hums Walk To The Water. The fish respond strong back. He was going to also hum The Ocean but due to lifetime curfew the set was shaved.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-11-2008, 07:45 AM   #377
Vocal parasite

This is making it so hard to work, I hope you guys realise that.

Fuck my essay's boring.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-11-2008, 07:46 AM   #378
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:22 PM
Venue: Rundle Mall

Main Set: All You Need is Love, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, All Along the Watchtower, Ruby Tuesday, Candle in the Wind

Comments: U2 perform in front of the Make Poverty History stand, and play some of the hits they are most famous for.
Old 04-11-2008, 07:48 AM   #379
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by The Sad Punk

Main Set: All You Need is Love, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, All Along the Watchtower, Ruby Tuesday, Candle in the Wind

Comments: U2 perform in front of the Make Poverty History stand, and play some of the hits they are most famous for.

Is the encore Pride For The Name Of Luv?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-11-2008, 07:51 AM   #380
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

Is the encore Pride For The Name Of Luv?
Unconfirmed, however it was reported that near the end of the set Bono began to 'improvise' some unknown lyrics... could U2 have written new material already?
Old 04-11-2008, 07:52 AM   #381
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:52 PM
Quote:

Old 04-11-2008, 07:53 AM   #382
Vocal parasite

Venue: Bono's church

Setlist: Beautiful Day, Gloria, Wake Up Dead Man, Rejoice, All You Need Is Love, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - Sunday Bloody Sunday, Love Rescue Me, Until The End Of The World, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

Encore: 40 - Grace

Comments: The last show of tour is Bono and Edge performing at Bono's church. The show starts at 4pm. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For closes the main set and is performed with the church's choir. The band bring back Rejoice and Love Rescue Me, which haven't been played in 6 years. Because the show runs overtime, the encore is shaved. It was meant to start with God Part II.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-11-2008, 07:54 AM   #383
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Unconfirmed, however it was reported that near the end of the set Bono began to 'improvise' some unknown lyrics... could U2 have written new material already?
On the bootleg, you can hear one of the lines, it's "I'm ready for the ball and the bat/I'm ready for the ... ac-ro-bat". OMG U 2 R GUNNA DEBYEW AKROBATT.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-11-2008, 07:54 AM   #384
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 07:52 PM
Quote:
Venue: Pacific Ocean

Main set: Walk To The Water

Comments: After the plane disintegrates, U2 drown in the Pacific Ocean. As he goes under, Bono hums Walk To The Water. The fish respond strong back. He was going to also hum The Ocean but due to lifetime curfew the set was shaved.
Venue: Pirate Ship

Main Set: Dying Sailor to His Shipmates

Comments: As U2 are drowning in the Pacific they are picked up by a band of pirates. Bono calls them by singing his "Hmmmmmmmmm" on an low register. As they are picked up, Bono begins to sing a new song, however this is shaved when the pirates throw them in the hold.
Old 04-11-2008, 07:55 AM   #385
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:52 PM
Fucking hell, a plane just flew over and i was certain i was going to have to duck
Old 04-11-2008, 07:56 AM   #386
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Thanks, but Pimm Jal de la Parra really deserves that title. I could only dream of putting out something like the U2 Live book.
I think I have that. Weighs a fricking ton and nowhere near enough cool photos for something that size.

No, didn't see your post before about the 2D thing...?

I texted Cin too, no response yet. Of course, I might have got the number wrong... wouldn't be the first time!
Old 04-11-2008, 07:57 AM   #387
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by coolian2
I've already said this!
Old 04-11-2008, 08:01 AM   #388
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Bad between LNOE and LAPOE?! Fast Cars into One Step Closer?!
Maybe he was thinking of the Linkin Park song instead?

And those were just totally random. I think he must actually have been deaf.
I used to be in this email roleplaying group... one of the others in it was a deaf woman, and all her characters had very very long, elaborate and thoroughly unpronounceable names. Just cos she thought they looked cool...
Old 04-11-2008, 08:03 AM   #389
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by Alisaura

I think I have that. Weighs a fricking ton and nowhere near enough cool photos for something that size.

No, didn't see your post before about the 2D thing...?

I texted Cin too, no response yet. Of course, I might have got the number wrong... wouldn't be the first time!
I have an old edition, from before Popmart. It's a reasonably sized paperback, and I feel it's got a good amount of illustrations, but then, I'm sure I have a different definition of what the ideal quantity would be.

I'll go back and dig up the post ...

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-11-2008, 08:05 AM   #390
Vocal parasite

Here we go, Ali.

Quote:
Oh, and I found out why I saw everything in 2D! You lot can even watch the movie how I saw it - just close one eye. Ali mentioned she got this effect at one point when she did that.

Basically, unlike normal people whose eyes work together to create one image, mine don't focus properly. My right eye is dominant, and since my eyes do not process into one image the fields of view seen by each eye, my brain just takes what my right eye sees. So with just what the right eye sees, I get U2 2D.

I've explained it badly, but hopefully that makes sense.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread