Boring Lava Field, Oregon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

This is Melbourne, the jaywalking capital of the world.

I'm stunned by some of the idiots I see here, just strolling along tram lines.

You have clearly never been to Asia before. Ever seen people jaywalking across a highway?

I hear it's worse in some parts of South America, too...

Axver said:

Are you going to be able to make it for the dinner? Jen, cin, Danny, and I will all be there, and we're going to make Ali come despite what she may have said about any other dinners. :wink:

I'm hoping to make it for din din's too :) I'm building up the courage as we speak, LOL. I'll try my best :D :up: Well, I've got your's and Jen's number now, incase things go awry again :wink:

TranceEnding said:
Hey Ali, I just wanted to ask you ... do you have any spare tix for U23D tomorrow night still???

If not, I'll just get one on the night :)
There's a line for the one ticket I have that's not definitely taken yet... *L* Cin's sister, then Ax, then you... :reject:

I'm pretty sure there would be some left on the night...?

Oh hell, I forgot to say h'b' to you, Mia, in the whole midst of things. Well, I will now!
hbmaiev0.png

:hug:

The Sad Punk said:
You only have Tool's last two albums? I have Aenima, Opiate and Undertow, I used to be a bit fan... if you're interested in them for a pretty free price, just ask!
I have Aenima at the bottom of a drawer somewhere, been years since I listened to it... I think my fisrt reaction was :yikes: ... but my tastes may well have changed since then. :hmm:

Alisaura said:

There's a line for the one ticket I have that's not definitely taken yet... *L* Cin's sister, then Ax, then you... :reject:

I'm pretty sure there would be some left on the night...?

:lol:

ok, that's cool! I'll get one before we go :wink:

major_panic said:

You have clearly never been to Asia before. Ever seen people jaywalking across a highway?

I hear it's worse in some parts of South America, too...

OK, Melbourne's the jaywalking capital of Oceania then. :wink:

I, uh, think I'll avoid most Asian cities. They sound like bedlam - and polluted enough to induce asthma that'll kill me.

Alisaura said:

I have Aenima at the bottom of a drawer somewhere, been years since I listened to it... I think my fisrt reaction was :yikes: ... but my tastes may well have changed since then. :hmm:

It doesn't flow quite as well as Lateralus and there is a larger layer of black humour to the songs (just look at the linear notes - 'Bethlehem Abortion Clinic'! :lol:) but it had a lot of their best stuff in my opinion.

TranceEnding said:

I'm hoping to make it for din din's too :) I'm building up the courage as we speak, LOL. I'll try my best :D :up: Well, I've got your's and Jen's number now, incase things go awry again :wink:

Righto, cool! I hope to see you there!

I think that'll take our numbers to six. Seven with Ali.

Should be nine but we planned too late for Daniel and the Maj. :mad:

Axver said:
Just found this one uploaded, on LaTrobe Street:

s640x480

The tram lines are spaced just far enough apart that the trams can't side-swipe each other.
Yeah, that looks more like Flinders st (which I jaywalk across nearly every morning... I'm usually VERY careful though).

Axver said:
I'm definitely doing dinner (6pm, Pugg Mahone's, Elgin Street - Ali better come :wink: ), and at this stage almost certain I'll do U2 3D.
I already told the other bunch of U2 fans I'd meet them at Toto's on Lygon st at 6pm... :uhoh:
I didn't get much of a chance to talk to the ones who came all the way from Perth on Wednesday, I hardly see them....

Alisaura said:

Yeah, that looks more like Flinders st (which I jaywalk across nearly every morning... I'm usually VERY careful though).

I jaywalk a fair bit, but only when nothing's coming. I'm thinking of the crazy people who'll just stroll out on William Street when there are cars speeding both ways and a tram cruising in, clanging its bell, like I saw this evening ...

I mean, it's one thing to jaywalk when the lights are against you but there isn't an approaching car in sight, and quite another when there are lanes of speeding traffic!

Axver said:
Are you going to be able to make it for the dinner? Jen, cin, Danny, and I will all be there, and we're going to make Ali come despite what she may have said about any other dinners. :wink:
I would pay to see you and one of the people in the other group go head-to-head. Not saying who here!

Alisaura said:

I already told the other bunch of U2 fans I'd meet them at Toto's on Lygon st at 6pm... :uhoh:
I didn't get much of a chance to talk to the ones who came all the way from Perth on Wednesday, I hardly see them....

Hey, if you want to miss all the fun ... :wink:

Nah, that's cool.

The Sad Punk said:
It doesn't flow quite as well as Lateralus and there is a larger layer of black humour to the songs (just look at the linear notes - 'Bethlehem Abortion Clinic'! :lol:) but it had a lot of their best stuff in my opinion.
I'll see if I can dig it out again next time I'm at my parents' place... :up:

OK, I better go to bed before I end up way too fucking tired.

:wave:

Oh, post them anyway - gets us to that Moron place Axver likes quicker!

I have to dash, you see my mum's staying over, and there are no bedrooms so she's sleeping in this room where the shared computer is. I don't want to keep her awake, so I better be off. Have a good night, Ali! And everyone else, too. :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom