Boring Lava Field, Oregon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alisaura said:
No, not been game to tackle that yet! :reject: Soon....

I suggest you start with In Absentia. I cut the songs I'm pretty sure I've given you.

Or go for my favourite album, Stupid Dream. Again, cut the songs I've given you. I couldn't recall if I gave you Even Less, the opening track. But I kept the full version of it on Recordings, so you can just use that if you don't have it. I prefer the full version A LOT over the Stupid Dream abbreviated version.

Random tram question, as a pedestrian... If two trams pass one another, is there enough space in between for someone to stand there and not be crushed?

In almost all cases, no. Unless you're anorexic, you're probably fucked.

Maybe this photo illustrates how close they are:

s640x480

I've better ones, but not uploaded.

Axver said:
Ali says Tripod are funny, so I'll give them a spin.

And I like some Tool songs but I've only heard one album and am interested in hearing more. They do strike me as more of a songs than an albums band at this point.
Hey, I'm pretty sure you thought The Ballad of Floor Buffer Smurf was funny :wink:

The two Tool albums I have pretty much sound like versions of one another, but I still enjoy them (except that freaky track at the end of Lateralus). I mostly want you to get 10,000 days so you can see how awesomely Exit segues into it....

OMGOMG it's the Next Gen episode with Spock... :hyper:

:nerd:

unico said:

OH! yeah he texted me that morning, but my service dropped me for a few days so i didn't get it. i actually didn't get any birthday texts. :( he did call me last night though. it's all good :)

yay!

were you around when i announced, to the shock of myself if not others, that i'm exclusively seeing someone? the guy i hooked up with after the slutty sex party, ironically

Alisaura said:

I guess they figure most railfans are morning people...?

:lol:

Tomorrow morning's schedule:

7:35am, XPT from Sydney arrives
8:30am, XPT to Sydney departs
8:40am, Overland to Adelaide departs

And they use a flyover south of North Melbourne station that I absolutely MUST get photos of trains on. That's why I'm going out. There is an incredible photography spot beside it.

major_panic said:
Depends on which part of Melbourne it is, but generally I don't think there is. Getting into that situation would really, really, really suck though.
That's pretty much the conclusion I came to. :yikes:

Always cross at the lights, kids!!

Alisaura said:

Hey, I'm pretty sure you thought The Ballad of Floor Buffer Smurf was funny :wink:

The two Tool albums I have pretty much sound like versions of one another, but I still enjoy them (except that freaky track at the end of Lateralus). I mostly want you to get 10,000 days so you can see how awesomely Exit segues into it....

OMGOMG it's the Next Gen episode with Spock... :hyper:

:nerd:

You only have Tool's last two albums? I have Aenima, Opiate and Undertow, I used to be a bit fan... if you're interested in them for a pretty free price, just ask!

Alisaura said:

Yeah, but that's just one song. :wink:

Hee, looking forward to the segue. And I hear Tool are even more lame and irregular with their albums than U2. I didn't think it was possible!

Hey Melissa! Are you doing dinner and U2 3D tomorrow night? I'm losing track of who's coming and who isn't.

Axver said:
In almost all cases, no. Unless you're anorexic, you're probably fucked.

Maybe this photo illustrates how close they are:

s640x480

I've better ones, but not uploaded.
See, it looks like there's a decent gap between those two... I'm sure the tracks are closer together along Flinders st. Or else my eyes are playing up...

I don't think I have Even Less.... it's all good.

Alisaura said:

That's pretty much the conclusion I came to. :yikes:

Always cross at the lights, kids!!

This is Melbourne, the jaywalking capital of the world.

I'm stunned by some of the idiots I see here, just strolling along tram lines.

Alisaura said:

See, it looks like there's a decent gap between those two... I'm sure the tracks are closer together along Flinders st. Or else my eyes are playing up...

I don't think I have Even Less.... it's all good.

Just found this one uploaded, on LaTrobe Street:

s640x480

The tram lines are spaced just far enough apart that the trams can't side-swipe each other.

The Sad Punk said:
This dinner at Ax's sounds like it'll be fun. :dinner:

Haven't talked to you much lately, what's new?

edit: :dinner: was meant to be :hyper: but I'm keeping it like this because it shows my state.

:lol:

Especially funny because I didn't know an Irish pub on Elgin St = my place. :wink:

TranceEnding said:

yeah! I'm hoping too! Are you coming along again also?

:D

I'm definitely doing dinner (6pm, Pugg Mahone's, Elgin Street - Ali better come :wink: ), and at this stage almost certain I'll do U2 3D.

Oh fuck, it's 11:40pm.

And I'm getting up at 6:15am.

Fuckity.

The Sad Punk said:
This dinner at Ax's sounds like it'll be fun. :dinner:

Haven't talked to you much lately, what's new?

edit: :dinner: was meant to be :hyper: but I'm keeping it like this because it shows my state.

yeah! I was thinking the exact same thing! Ummmmm .. not a great deal :wink: I went to see one of my most favouritest people last Sunday night in concert, Steve Kilbey (from the Church) doing a solo gig. It was brilliant :drool:

Other than that, I haven't been feeling the best .. so hopefully things will be better soon!

Hope you've been good :D

TranceEnding said:

yeah! I was thinking the exact same thing! Ummmmm .. not a great deal :wink: I went to see one of my most favouritest people last Sunday night in concert, Steve Kilbey (from the Church) doing a solo gig. It was brilliant :drool:

Other than that, I haven't been feeling the best .. so hopefully things will be better soon!

Hope you've been good :D

Sounds like it would have been a top concert! Not surprised to hear it's related to the Church. :wink: Glad to hear you had a fine time in any case.

I haven't been feeling too great too, that is to say I've been recovering from a cold and some mad essayin'. I slept all Wednesday and didn't eat for a couple of days, but I'm feeling rather better now. I hope you will too! :)

TranceEnding said:

Are you going to be able to make it for the dinner? Jen, cin, Danny, and I will all be there, and we're going to make Ali come despite what she may have said about any other dinners. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom