Boring Lava Field, Oregon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
coolian2 said:
I can't drink alcohol to get to sleep, i end up in a pool of my own sweat making regular trips to pee.

And those trips are usually conducted with the grace befitting of a rhinoceros in a small china store.

that's what happens to me if i drink coffee before bed. it doesn't keep me awake, it just makes me pee a lot.

theu2fly said:
Main Set: Vertigo, I Will Follow, Wire, Beautiful Day, Discotheque, City Of Blinding Lights, Crumbs From Your Table, Pride, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, Miracle Drug, A Sort Of Homecoming, Love And Peace Or Else, Sunday Bloody Sunday, The Unforgettable Fire, Whre The Streets Have No Name, With Or Without You

Encore(s): Desire (acoustic), So Cruel, Original Of The Species, The First Time, One, Yahweh, Bad - One Step Closer - 40

Comments: At the final show of the tour, U2 brings out many gems that had not been played in years. Among the many to return are "Wire" , "The Unforgettable Fire" , and "A Sort Of Homecoming." Discotheque makes it's third appearance, since Chicago of last year. The encore takes a different course and remains mainly acoustic, with a full band performance of "So Cruel." Bad closes the nearly 3 hour show, Bono includes a snippet of "One Step Closer." A new song was reported soundchecked, but did not see it's premeire tonight... could U2 have written new material already?

My favorite post, mostly for the commentary.

coolian2 said:
Bullet -> POE -> Streets. Oh my word.

Some more "gems":

Stories For Boys --> Velvet Dress

Until The End Of The World --> City Of Blinding Lights

As an encore: The First Time --> Pride --> One

Main Set: Elevation, All Because Of You, I Will Follow, Beautiful Day, Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, Crumbs From Your Table, An Cath Dubh - Into The Heart, Until The End Of The World, Vertigo, Last Night On Earth, Bad, Love And Peace Or Else, Seconds, Fast Cars, One Step Closer, City Of Blinding Lights, Yahweh

Encore(s): Where The Streets Have No Name, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, With Or Without You, Help, Original Of The Species, One, 40

Christ, what a mess!

phillyfan26 said:

My favorite post, mostly for the commentary.

:lmao: Oh wow.

My favourite part of the stupidity is bringing back Wire, UF, and ASOH for JUST ONE SHOW. WTF?

coolian2 said:

I was going to bitch about that one, but it is Stories For Boys / The Ocean -> Velvet Dress. Still really bad, but not as disastrous.

Ah, I read that as a snippet of The Ocean in SFB.

And we all know that if The Ocean is going to flow out of any song, it's 11OTT. U2 themselves were guilty of setlist stupidity on Vertigo by having it segue out of TEC or Gloria.

mysterious_jen said:
watching a creepy episode of rockwiz with paul hester on it . i guess it must be the anniversary of his death around now?

:(

The third anniversary of his death just passed, on 26/03.

I can't believe it's been three years already. :(

Venue: Phoenix Park

Main Set: Vertigo, All Because Of You, I Will Follow, New Year's Day, 11 O'Clock Tick Tock, Beautiful Day, A Sort Of Homecoming, City Of Blinding Lights, Miracle Drug, Angel Of Harlem, Love And Peace Or Else, Fast Cars, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Bullet The Blue Sky, Staring At The Sun, Pride, Where The Streets Have No Name, One

Encore(s): Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car, Dirty Day, Mercy, With Or Without You, Original Of The Species, Yahweh, Bad - One Step Closer

Comments: On the final night of the Vertigo tour, U2 plays to a sold out crowd of nearly 160,000 people in one area. The setlist and show are full of surprises, as Bono says "This is the final show, and we are throwing a party for you." Many songs make their debut, but noticably "Mercy" , along with "Staring At The Sun" and "11 O'Clock Tick Tock" which have not been played in 5 years. "MLK" is performed just Bono, and Bad closes the nearly 3 hour show. The show ends with a snippet of "One Step Closer" dedicated to Bob Hewson, and the city of Dublin. Camera crews capture the show, but Hamish Hamilton is nowhere to be seen...

Good god. Just, good god.

Venue: Phoenix Park

Main Set: Vertigo, I Will Follow, Out Of Control, The Electric Co., The Ocean, Beautiful Day, Gloria, New Year's Day, Fast Cars, Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Discotheque, City Of Blinding Lights, Miracle Drug, Love And Peace Or Else, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Bullet The Blue Sky, Miss Sarajevo, Where The Streets Have No Name

Encore(s): All Because Of You, Pride, With Or Without You, Yahweh, One, Crumbs From Your Table

Comments: U2's first show at Phoenix Park is a success, it starts out at 6 in the afternoon, thus, most songs did not require major lighting until late into the set. U2 pulls out a strong catalog of older material, and the crowd responds strong back. The encore is shaved, as the usual ZOO TV esque trio is removed, due to curfew. The band stops at Crumbs From Your Table, because there is 4 minutes left of the show until end of curfew, 'Bad' was to close the show tonight. Rumored soundchecked songs, 'Mofo' and 'Ultraviolet' were reported.

Dear diary,

Today i laughed so hard i nearly died.

coolian2 said:

I love the Fast Cars -> OSC -> COBL -> Yahweh.

Rocker, slow, rocker, slow.

What the fuck!

LET'S GIVE THE AUDIENCE MOOD SWINGS!

coolian2 said:

Dear diary,

Today i laughed so hard i nearly died.

"The crowd responds strong back"? :lmao:

Has a distinctly Peterrrrrrrrrish feel ...

Trentham Racecourse

Main set: Vertigo, Native Son, One Tree Hill, Surrender, Dirty Day, One Step Closer, Acrobat, Red Light, Stay (Faraway, So Close!), Sunday Bloody Sunday, The First Time, Bullet The Blue Sky, So Cruel, The Wanderer

Encore: 40

Comments: U2 perform for a crowd of 200,000 at the Trentham Racecourse. The show, which started at 5am was finished early because the days races were due to start.

coolian2 said:
Trentham Racecourse

Main set: Vertigo, Native Son, One Tree Hill, Surrender, Dirty Day, One Step Closer, Acrobat, Red Light, Stay (Faraway, So Close!), Sunday Bloody Sunday, The First Time, Bullet The Blue Sky, So Cruel, The Wanderer

Encore: 40

Comments: U2 perform for a crowd of 200,000 at the Trentham Racecourse. The show, which started at 5am was finished early because the days races were due to start.

:lmao: :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom