Bored at Work

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2dork

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Anybody got any ideas on how to waste time while answering telephones that aren't ringing? Any good websites? Games? Anything?
:yawn:

yes, but I've been trudging around here for a while. I need to broaden my horizons...

Last edited:
I've tried the "annoying the co-workers" thing, only, I'm stuck at the receptionists desk and they just leave. No one will come near me now...:sigh:

Read blogs. What are your interests?

Yahoo has lots of games. Eonline is fun. Gawker.com is hilarious, etc... :)

Ha Ha! That *would* be fun. I work in a museum. I could pretend to be a tour guide! I'd be in so much trouble if we had an intercom...:no:

Well, it's not as super cool as I thought it would be when I started here. I don't get to spend that much time in the galleries. Mostly office work, doing mailers and filling in for the receptionist while she's on vacation. Right now we have an exhibit of Augustus Saint-Gaudens, the sculptor who did the Robert Shaw Memorial in Boston. We also have some John Stockton deMartelly's lithographs.

U2dork said:
Well, it's not as super cool as I thought it would be when I started here.

heh. nothing ever is.

i work in a library and it's not all dusty stacks and literature. it's mostly morons who want free dvds. you could crank call the other departments. thats what we do sometimes to get our kicks.

My sister and her coworkers spend a lot of boring work time at ratemymullet.com. I hear it's good for some amusement. :D

Well, I made it home from work only to find that while I was bitchin' about being bored, not more than a quarter of a mile away horrible things were happening:

ATHENS -- A University of Georgia employee died Monday and two others were injured in a pipeline explosion, officials said.

The three physical plant employees were working about 10:30 a.m. to install steam lines to service new buildings on the school's south campus, said spokesman Steve Bell.

The explosion occurred in a trench behind Snelling Dining Hall and near the College of Pharmacy and School of Dance, he said.

"They were working on a segment of pipe that was to be installed in this steam pipe line that will be buried underground," Bell said.

The men were apparently using compressed air to check pressure in the pipe for leaks when "something malfunctioned," he said.

Bell said one worker received serious, but not life threatening, injuries. Another had minor injuries, believed to be cuts and abrasions.
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/3634466/detail.html

Makes you think...

HeartlandGirl said:
My sister and her coworkers spend a lot of boring work time at ratemymullet.com. I hear it's good for some amusement. :D

I want to see pictures of your sister's mullet!

NOTICE:

The office of HeartlandGirl regrets if anyone was misled by her post re: ratemymullet.com. HeartlandGirl's sister does not, in fact, have a mullet, though it would be hilarious if she did.

:D

Back
Top Bottom