Booze, North Yorkshire Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always thought United Colours --> HMTMKMKM would be a fucking awesome way to open a concert.

4826014.jpg

Fucking awesome.

Shit, Spicks & Specks is in six minutes.

Wonder if I can watch it and listen to Passengers ... :hmm:

Meet Me Tonight (Meet Me Tonight)
Meet Me Tonight IN ATLANTIC CITY!

Li Li Li Li Li Li Li, Li Li Li Li x25,000

:rockon:

I played that for my younger sister yesterday, and when I explained to her my interpretation of the events of the song, she almost started crying.

Freaking love that song

I played that for my younger sister yesterday, and when I explained to her my interpretation of the events of the song, she almost started crying.

Freaking love that song

I love its "reincarnation" on the Live In Dublin CD/DVD.

What's your interpretation Atlantic City?, I don't often deluge much into deep and meaningfuls, with songs.

I can't remember, but I think i like the other version of stolen car better than this one. But still, probably the 2nd or 3rd best song on this album.

I love its "reincarnation" on the Live In Dublin CD/DVD.

What's your interpretation Atlantic City?, I don't often deluge much into deep and meaningfuls, with songs.

well mostly my thoughts are based on that episode of Cold Case that made an episode out of the song's plot

But I pretty much figure that what happens is the main character in the song got too caught up into gambling and racked up some debt, so in order to clear it he's going to do a job for a guy (probably mob related) and I don't think he expects to come back from it, so he's taking his girl out one last time, and he's trying to get her to understand that it will all be ok.

Something like that.

Best song on the album, you mean, Ian.

I'd die if U2 played Slug live. :drool:

But I pretty much figure that what happens is the main character in the song got too caught up into gambling and racked up some debt, so in order to clear it he's going to do a job for a guy (probably mob related) and I don't think he expects to come back from it, so he's taking his girl out one last time, and he's trying to get her to understand that it will all be ok.

Something like that.

Ah yes, I can see where you're coming from. I've always Loved Atlantic City, Live its just brilliant

41 Shots :sad:

Now, if there's any song from Passengers other than Miss Sarajevo that actually has a reasonable chance of being played live, it's got to be Your Blue Room. Given how much Bono likes it, I'm surprised it's never been done - though it does make me worry about the band's sets being a bit too calculated nowadays.

: puts on Spicks & Specks and tries to listen to Passengers at the same time :

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom