Booze, North Yorkshire Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IsurecanbutimunlikelytogetthehorsiesrightmaybeicoulddotheMelbourneCupthoughthatwouldbegoodfunohfuckiblinkedandmissedtherace.

Don'tworryjustaslongasyouscreamnamessemiincoherentlynobodywillreallycarewhatyousaybecausetheyareallwatchingthehorsenamesatthebottomofthescreenanyway!

Sounds like a plan!

Sports Journalism is about all that interests me (getting paid to watch footy :drool:) Plus I can't see myself writing on something like finance, "oh, and the aussie dollar dropped today, but we'll see what happens tomorrow"

Sounds good, but get ready to be taught how to cover irrelevant crap first!

Every week we had to submit a news story to our tutor based on an exercise in class. The first one I submitted he said was excellent, or words to that effect. It was then I really realised I was being taught what I already new.

Thank you, I already know how to structure a story.

This semester we're doing writing for radio. A little (a tiny bit!) more challenging, but I've written two stories already and both have been very good.

/pointless story

Yeah, I'm not bad. It's finally getting to that point where I need to be organised and serious about uni again. Damn! And how are you?

Ah, procrastination needs to go somewhere, heh.
I am pretty good. My head feels a whole lot better than it did. :lol:

Every week we had to submit a news story to our tutor based on an exercise in class. The first one I submitted he said was excellent, or words to that effect. It was then I really realised I was being taught what I already new.

This semester we're doing writing for radio. A little (a tiny bit!) more challenging, but I've written two stories already and both have been very good.

/pointless story

:hmm: Thanks for the info. I guess I really need to sit down and see which I really would prefer to apply for, that might be on the agenda tonight.

You took a bet at even odds? Silly boy.

And that's my knowledge of gambling.

:lol:

Well I should have put

I don't know if i just lost $100 or made $200 :wink:

I do a bit of gambling on the horses occasionally. I've put $50 into a TAB account, and so far have just over $100 in the kitty :D

Ugh. So I was like "I should write tonight, instead of wasting my time playing pointless PC games." But when I reached over to open MS Word, my mind went "NOOOOOOOO! DO NOT WANT!" Looks like I'm gonna have to force myself. This is why I could never do this for a living.

/pointless story

This is how I feel about History essays.

:goes to bash head against brick wall:

:censored: Thats a nice effort!. I only put either $2, $5 or $10, I've occasionally got a decent win on an outsider that paid about $30.

I put $20 on the Warriors a few weeks ago when they were for some bizarre reason, real outsiders. They won, but it came down to their opponents missing a sideline conversion on full time which would have taken it to extra time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom