Booze, North Yorkshire Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or do journalism and media studies and spend three years and the rest of your life bludging.

... or star on crappy "current affairs" TV shows hassling people who've done nothing and turning it into a sensational story about businesses that don't listen to customers ...

... or star on crappy "current affairs" TV shows hassling people who've done nothing and turning it into a sensational story about businesses that don't listen to customers ...

:laugh: I think I'd shoot myself before going on a current affairs program!

I actually had to sit through some of Today Tonight last night, where Heath Ledgers uncle "broke his silence", I came up with a sarcastic rant to mum saying "OH MY GOD HE'S NEVER SPOKEN BEFORE!!!"

Then there was Brad & Angelina's kids...come on, this isn't current affairs, My parent's didn't get any money for putting me in the Shepp news, they had to pay them :laugh:

I'm Kent Brockman, and this is Eye on Springfield!

:lol:

8f08_01.jpg

:laugh: I think I'd shoot myself before going on a current affairs program!

I actually had to sit through some of Today Tonight last night, where Heath Ledgers uncle "broke his silence", I came up with a sarcastic rant to mum saying "OH MY GOD HE'S NEVER SPOKEN BEFORE!!!"

Then there was Brad & Angelina's kids...come on, this isn't current affairs, My parent's didn't get any money for putting me in the Shepp news, they had to pay them :laugh:

:lmao:

I wonder what's on tonight's ACA? "MARKETS GO DOWN ... SCANDAL AS INVESTORS LOSE MONEY. ABORIGINES: THE FIRST BOAT PEOPLE? SHOULD WE SEND THEM BACK WHERE THEY CAME FROM? BUT FIRST: HOW YOU CAN SAVE MONEY ON PETROL AND LOSE WEIGHT AT THE SAME TIME ... AND IT'S NOT BY WALKING AND USING YOUR CAR LESS!"

:lmao:

I wonder what's on tonight's ACA? "MARKETS GO DOWN ... SCANDAL AS INVESTORS LOSE MONEY. ABORIGINES: THE FIRST BOAT PEOPLE? SHOULD WE SEND THEM BACK WHERE THEY CAME FROM? BUT FIRST: HOW YOU CAN SAVE MONEY ON PETROL AND LOSE WEIGHT AT THE SAME TIME ... AND IT'S NOT BY WALKING AND USING YOUR CAR LESS!"

:lmao: Pure gold!

I'm Kent Brockman, and this is Eye on Springfield!

What worries me is that Kent Brockman is a more credible journalist than Anna Coren, Tracy Grimshaw, Ray Martin, and all those other ACA/Today Tonight hosts.

Probably the only good purpose these shows serve is that they gave The Chaser material for "What Have We Learnt From Current Affairs This Week?"

So...Aussie news is as ridiculous as American then.

So...Aussie news is as ridiculous as American then.

Current affairs shows, yes, but the nightly news bulletins tend be better. Which is rather disturbing since I'd consider our news shithouse. I was truly horrified when I watched the news in the US. It was like ... there was no outside world, and the only internal news was a couple of minor controversies about runaway brides and storms.

And SBS News in Australia is pretty bloody good, actually. Since it was founded to cater for migrant communities, it has a broad international focus, so you actually feel moderately informed watching them. Plus one headline last year was SHIT HAPPENS. I'll love them forever for that.

Which side are you thinking of ending up on? radio or newspaper?, Bono's ghost writer?

I was interested in print, mainly sport. I will say, radio doesn't look too bad.

However, the fact that I'm looking at doing a generic major (ie, focusing on nothing in particular) speaks to what I really want out of this now, it's a backup option.

If anything I've got out of this, media research would be bloody interesting.

I was interested in print, mainly sport. I will say, radio doesn't look too bad.

However, the fact that I'm looking at doing a generic major (ie, focusing on nothing in particular) speaks to what I really want out of this now, it's a backup option.

Sounds like a plan!

Sports Journalism is about all that interests me (getting paid to watch footy :drool:) Plus I can't see myself writing on something like finance, "oh, and the aussie dollar dropped today, but we'll see what happens tomorrow"

Canyoutalkfastenoughtocommentatehorseracing?:wink:

Okay, so I was tired last night and actually went to bed at a halfway decent hour....

I ended up sleeping for THIRTEEN HOURS. And had dreams involving being chased by the mob, people turning into bubbles, and a guy who could possess any red coloured objects and use them to attack people.

Okay, so I was tired last night and actually went to bed at a halfway decent hour....

I ended up sleeping for THIRTEEN HOURS. And had dreams involving being chased by the mob, people turning into bubbles, and a guy who could possess any red coloured objects and use them to attack people.

:wave:

Hey, that sounds like the theme for Tori Amos' next album!

Hey phanan and Chass! :wave:

Any Superthreaders in your dream this time, Chass? :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom