Booze, North Yorkshire Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I discovered today that the library catalogue computers at uni can access Interference. :up:

Ours can as well, though because I'm certain I'm the only U2 fan in the school, I think I am entirely responsible for getting it blocked :D

On a Greyhound bus in Canada, some guy randomly murdered a bloke who was sleeping and then decapitated him.

And as far as MX goes, you read that about as much as you "read" a colouring-in book ...

:eek: Holy shit!! I hate hearing about that.

And yes, there's not a great deal of substance to MX, but it's something to flick through on the way home. Coming home from wog school on monday nights we love to read the "Here's looking at you" section, where creepy, desperate singles send in a text along the lines of "To the hot sexy babe who caught the 8:15 to Lilydale, you set my pulses racing. Coffee?" They're hilarious.

There's nothing to see here. :lol:

Duly noted. :D

:hmm: I'm highly considering it.

Doooo it :hyper:

Most of a bottle of mint schnapps and helped my bro drink the bottle of Irish Cream he had.

Nice. :up:

I think it's a "nice place to visit, wouldn't want to live there" kind of thing. I rather enjoyed my time there last year, but I was with friends and they could show me around and stuff. Didn't get mugged once. :up:

I had a fairly uncomfortable encounter with a homeless guy in Boston ... but then again, the worst incident I've experienced of being hassled on the street was by some wasted guy here, in St Kilda. Broad daylight, end of the 112 tram on Fitzroy Street.

Ours can as well, though because I'm certain I'm the only U2 fan in the school, I think I am entirely responsible for getting it blocked :D

Pretty sure I did the same thing in that glorious two weeks when IT moved our internet servers around and we had full access... they started by manually blocking all the sites people started visiting, I guess, before the automatic block-everything machine started working again. :grumpy:

:eek: Holy shit!! I hate hearing about that.

And yes, there's not a great deal of substance to MX, but it's something to flick through on the way home. Coming home from wog school on monday nights we love to read the "Here's looking at you" section, where creepy, desperate singles send in a text along the lines of "To the hot sexy babe who caught the 8:15 to Lilydale, you set my pulses racing. Coffee?" They're hilarious.

Haha, Interference got blocked at my high school too! Oddly enough, though, elevation-tour.com was never blocked, even though I used the two just as much (this being the days before Matthias recruited me to work on what's now U2gigs.com).

Yeah, about the only thing MX is good for is laughing at it.

I think I have one of the videos, as well as the video of The Olden Days... :lol: Cracks me up. I wanna get those out and watch them when I go up to visit my parents on the weekend....

Used to watch the Late Show when I was in my last couple of years at school, I think. I didn't feel safe mentioning it a few days ago, but that spoof they did of Billy Ray Cyrus... :giggle:

Rob Sitch doing Desmond Tutu... Or Bill Clinton... :lmao:

The Panel is ten kinds of lame in comparison.

I think it's a "nice place to visit, wouldn't want to live there" kind of thing. I rather enjoyed my time there last year, but I was with friends and they could show me around and stuff. Didn't get mugged once. :up:

:love: It's such an awesome show. Next time we meet I'll bring a burnt copy of the DVD I have, over six hours of footage (and then commentary :D) containing some truly hilarious work.

My favourite things include the Mr. Whippy Grands Prix, Dinner Parties, Rob Sitch as Yasser Arafat/Desmond Tutu/F.W. De Clerk... shitscared!!! Too many too mention.

Sounds not too bad. I will go one day, but I want to see Europe first.

like a tiiger

:yippie: That's four people who know of it.

"That's it. This interview is over. I don't want to talk to any of you. Except for Jane, she's a very beautiful women and I would make love to her like a tiger, like a tiiiiger..."

Oops, forgot to reply to that other bit of Danny's post... Yes, I am considering moving to the UK for a year or two and working/seeing stuff. There was a bit of a time limit involved if I had to get a working holiday visa (have to apply before turning 31), but if I can become a citizen, it takes the pressure off a bit. Still would like to do that next year, though.

In the city, in the billing team of an electrcity/gas distribution company. Except we're outsourced to another company... *argh*

Got a pay rise backdated to May, though! :up:

Ah ok, nice! Where in the city? What's it called? And are you moving to the UK or something?

I had a fairly uncomfortable encounter with a homeless guy in Boston ... but then again, the worst incident I've experienced of being hassled on the street was by some wasted guy here, in St Kilda. Broad daylight, end of the 112 tram on Fitzroy Street.

I remember you telling me about that I think.

Oh and by the way, when I got off work yesterday I went to wog school. I walked from HWT to Southbank, to Flinders, then caught a train to Melb Central, then got off, walked round the block to get a tram to the uni at the end of the line, to discover I could have caught #67 I think it was from Flinders and it would have saved me all the trouble. :grumpy:

Pretty sure I did the same thing in that glorious two weeks when IT moved our internet servers around and we had full access... they started by manually blocking all the sites people started visiting, I guess, before the automatic block-everything machine started working again. :grumpy:

I hate that thing as well :grumpy:

Haha, Interference got blocked at my high school too! Oddly enough, though, elevation-tour.com was never blocked, even though I used the two just as much (this being the days before Matthias recruited me to work on what's now U2gigs.com).

Yeah, about the only thing MX is good for is laughing at it.

u2gigs :love:

Spot on about MX

Bye Serena :wave: Nice to chat to you. :) And cin :hug:

and he did. . . .. and now they have babies :ohmy:

Oh really did they end up together?

It's a shame Mick Molloy hasn't been funny since The Late Show, not including Crackerjack and Bad Eggs. Also a shame we don't see much of Tony Martin either.

Oops, forgot to reply to that other bit of Danny's post... Yes, I am considering moving to the UK for a year or two and working/seeing stuff. There was a bit of a time limit involved if I had to get a working holiday visa (have to apply before turning 31), but if I can become a citizen, it takes the pressure off a bit. Still would like to do that next year, though.

Sounds cool as :up: Go for it. Just rug up I think.

(Can't you get a visa if you're 31 years old?)

:love: It's such an awesome show. Next time we meet I'll bring a burnt copy of the DVD I have, over six hours of footage (and then commentary :D) containing some truly hilarious work.

My favourite things include the Mr. Whippy Grands Prix, Dinner Parties, Rob Sitch as Yasser Arafat/Desmond Tutu/F.W. De Clerk... shitscared!!! Too many too mention.

Sounds not too bad. I will go one day, but I want to see Europe first.

:yippie: That's four people who know of it.

"That's it. This interview is over. I don't want to talk to any of you. Except for Jane, she's a very beautiful women and I would make love to her like a tiger, like a tiiiiger..."

:lol:

That would be awesome... thanks! :D
Arafat too.. oh gawd, the Mr Whippy thing... Pissweak world! Shirty the slightly aggressive bear... *wipes tear of mirth/nostalgia*

The US is at least cheaper than Europe at the moment! Urge to go back to Hawaii, rising.... :uhoh:

:lol:

That would be awesome... thanks! :D
Arafat too.. oh gawd, the Mr Whippy thing... Pissweak world! Shirty the slightly aggressive bear... *wipes tear of mirth/nostalgia*

The US is at least cheaper than Europe at the moment! Urge to go back to Hawaii, rising.... :uhoh:

Tony Martin as Warren Perso, creator of arthouse movies such as 'Filipino Furburger' and 'Confessions of a Bloke With a Really Big Donger'... ah they don't make em like they used to.

Ooh did you make it to the Hawaii concert?

I get a phone call and some of you sod off! Have a good one! :wave:

And where have Kim and Jen got to? They've both rather uncomfortably vanished ... :uhoh:

i have to go too. Got to pick up Mr Cin from work. . .
Seeya! :wave:

Ah ok, nice! Where in the city? What's it called?
:lol: No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!!

I have a small amount of paranoia about broadcasting all the details of my life online... it's probably far too late by now to worry about that and I've probably mentioned it all at other times, but there you go. *L*

The building I work in is around William st/Flinders St... kinda near the Aquarium.

*phears teh stalkerz* :uhoh:

I remember you telling me about that I think.

Oh and by the way, when I got off work yesterday I went to wog school. I walked from HWT to Southbank, to Flinders, then caught a train to Melb Central, then got off, walked round the block to get a tram to the uni at the end of the line, to discover I could have caught #67 I think it was from Flinders and it would have saved me all the trouble. :grumpy:

Yeah, some fucked up druggie who chased me. I've spent enough time around St Kilda to know that it's a dodgy-as-hell suburb despite what impression it might like to give to the world.

:lol: There's shitloads of trams that would have saved you the trouble there!

:lol: No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!!

I have a small amount of paranoia about broadcasting all the details of my life online... it's probably far too late by now to worry about that and I've probably mentioned it all at other times, but there you go. *L*

The building I work in is around William st/Flinders St... kinda near the Aquarium.

*phears teh stalkerz* :uhoh:

I'll see you tomorrow. :stalk:

... wait, we'd planned that already.

Sounds cool as :up: Go for it. Just rug up I think.

(Can't you get a visa if you're 31 years old?)

Yeah, I'll be getting some thermals at the Snowgum sale, I think!

You can't get that specific working holiday visa if you're 31 or over, no. There are probably other visas you could apply for, but they'd all have different requirements etc...

And seeya! :wave:

And Danny... you'll never be a proper postwhore if you keep multiquoting like that. :tsk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom