Booze, North Yorkshire Superthread - Page 27 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-05-2008, 09:38 PM   #391
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
Or do journalism and media studies and spend three years and the rest of your life bludging.
Haha, yeah now engineering can piss off because its just too much WORK involved!

Old 08-05-2008, 09:39 PM   #392
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Or do journalism and media studies and spend three years and the rest of your life bludging.
... or star on crappy "current affairs" TV shows hassling people who've done nothing and turning it into a sensational story about businesses that don't listen to customers ...

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-05-2008, 09:41 PM   #393
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
... or star on crappy "current affairs" TV shows hassling people who've done nothing and turning it into a sensational story about businesses that don't listen to customers ...
Mr Wilson, what about your investors? What about Ms Little Old Lady of Bendigo? What about........*car drives off*
Old 08-05-2008, 09:42 PM   #394
Blue Crack Supplier

Incidentally, if we still had real current affairs shows I'd be more interested in the TV side of journalism.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:43 PM   #395
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I think I'd shoot myself before going on a current affairs program!

I actually had to sit through some of Today Tonight last night, where Heath Ledgers uncle "broke his silence", I came up with a sarcastic rant to mum saying "OH MY GOD HE'S NEVER SPOKEN BEFORE!!!"

Then there was Brad & Angelina's kids...come on, this isn't current affairs, My parent's didn't get any money for putting me in the Shepp news, they had to pay them
Old 08-05-2008, 09:45 PM   #396
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Incidentally, if we still had real current affairs shows I'd be more interested in the TV side of journalism.
SBS might have something here ...

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-05-2008, 09:45 PM   #397
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Which side are you thinking of ending up on? radio or newspaper?, Bono's ghost writer?
Old 08-05-2008, 09:47 PM   #398
Blue Crack Supplier

I'm Kent Brockman, and this is Eye on Springfield!
Old 08-05-2008, 09:49 PM   #399
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Old 08-05-2008, 09:50 PM   #400
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_man2002 View Post
I think I'd shoot myself before going on a current affairs program!

I actually had to sit through some of Today Tonight last night, where Heath Ledgers uncle "broke his silence", I came up with a sarcastic rant to mum saying "OH MY GOD HE'S NEVER SPOKEN BEFORE!!!"

Then there was Brad & Angelina's kids...come on, this isn't current affairs, My parent's didn't get any money for putting me in the Shepp news, they had to pay them

I wonder what's on tonight's ACA? "MARKETS GO DOWN ... SCANDAL AS INVESTORS LOSE MONEY. ABORIGINES: THE FIRST BOAT PEOPLE? SHOULD WE SEND THEM BACK WHERE THEY CAME FROM? BUT FIRST: HOW YOU CAN SAVE MONEY ON PETROL AND LOSE WEIGHT AT THE SAME TIME ... AND IT'S NOT BY WALKING AND USING YOUR CAR LESS!"

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-05-2008, 09:52 PM   #401
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I wonder what's on tonight's ACA? "MARKETS GO DOWN ... SCANDAL AS INVESTORS LOSE MONEY. ABORIGINES: THE FIRST BOAT PEOPLE? SHOULD WE SEND THEM BACK WHERE THEY CAME FROM? BUT FIRST: HOW YOU CAN SAVE MONEY ON PETROL AND LOSE WEIGHT AT THE SAME TIME ... AND IT'S NOT BY WALKING AND USING YOUR CAR LESS!"
Pure gold!
Old 08-05-2008, 09:53 PM   #402
Vocal parasite

Quote:
What worries me is that Kent Brockman is a more credible journalist than Anna Coren, Tracy Grimshaw, Ray Martin, and all those other ACA/Today Tonight hosts.

Probably the only good purpose these shows serve is that they gave The Chaser material for "What Have We Learnt From Current Affairs This Week?"

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-05-2008, 09:55 PM   #403
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:22 PM
So...Aussie news is as ridiculous as American then.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:59 PM   #404
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularBonoFan View Post
So...Aussie news is as ridiculous as American then.
Current affairs shows, yes, but the nightly news bulletins tend be better. Which is rather disturbing since I'd consider our news shithouse. I was truly horrified when I watched the news in the US. It was like ... there was no outside world, and the only internal news was a couple of minor controversies about runaway brides and storms.

And SBS News in Australia is pretty bloody good, actually. Since it was founded to cater for migrant communities, it has a broad international focus, so you actually feel moderately informed watching them. Plus one headline last year was SHIT HAPPENS. I'll love them forever for that.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-05-2008, 10:01 PM   #405
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_man2002 View Post
Which side are you thinking of ending up on? radio or newspaper?, Bono's ghost writer?
I was interested in print, mainly sport. I will say, radio doesn't look too bad.

However, the fact that I'm looking at doing a generic major (ie, focusing on nothing in particular) speaks to what I really want out of this now, it's a backup option.

If anything I've got out of this, media research would be bloody interesting.

Tags
superthread