Booze, North Yorkshire Superthread - Page 18 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-05-2008, 06:54 AM   #256
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:07 AM
Oops, forgot to reply to that other bit of Danny's post... Yes, I am considering moving to the UK for a year or two and working/seeing stuff. There was a bit of a time limit involved if I had to get a working holiday visa (have to apply before turning 31), but if I can become a citizen, it takes the pressure off a bit. Still would like to do that next year, though.

Old 08-05-2008, 06:55 AM   #257
Cin
Blue Crack Addict

Location: in the gutter, looking at the stars. . .and smiling
Local Time: 10:07 AM
i have to go too. Got to pick up Mr Cin from work. . .

Old 08-05-2008, 06:56 AM   #258
45:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisaura View Post
In the city, in the billing team of an electrcity/gas distribution company. Except we're outsourced to another company... *argh*

Got a pay rise backdated to May, though!
Ah ok, nice! Where in the city? What's it called? And are you moving to the UK or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
I had a fairly uncomfortable encounter with a homeless guy in Boston ... but then again, the worst incident I've experienced of being hassled on the street was by some wasted guy here, in St Kilda. Broad daylight, end of the 112 tram on Fitzroy Street.
I remember you telling me about that I think.

Oh and by the way, when I got off work yesterday I went to wog school. I walked from HWT to Southbank, to Flinders, then caught a train to Melb Central, then got off, walked round the block to get a tram to the uni at the end of the line, to discover I could have caught #67 I think it was from Flinders and it would have saved me all the trouble.

Quote:
Pretty sure I did the same thing in that glorious two weeks when IT moved our internet servers around and we had full access... they started by manually blocking all the sites people started visiting, I guess, before the automatic block-everything machine started working again.
I hate that thing as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Haha, Interference got blocked at my high school too! Oddly enough, though, elevation-tour.com was never blocked, even though I used the two just as much (this being the days before Matthias recruited me to work on what's now U2gigs.com).

Yeah, about the only thing MX is good for is laughing at it.
u2gigs

Spot on about MX
Old 08-05-2008, 06:59 AM   #259

Bye Serena Nice to chat to you. And cin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnaminson View Post
and he did. . . .. and now they have babies
Oh really did they end up together?

It's a shame Mick Molloy hasn't been funny since The Late Show, not including Crackerjack and Bad Eggs. Also a shame we don't see much of Tony Martin either.

Quote:
Oops, forgot to reply to that other bit of Danny's post... Yes, I am considering moving to the UK for a year or two and working/seeing stuff. There was a bit of a time limit involved if I had to get a working holiday visa (have to apply before turning 31), but if I can become a citizen, it takes the pressure off a bit. Still would like to do that next year, though.
Sounds cool as Go for it. Just rug up I think.

(Can't you get a visa if you're 31 years old?)
Old 08-05-2008, 07:00 AM   #260

I might bail while everyone else is.

Night all
Old 08-05-2008, 07:00 AM   #261
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBL_04 View Post
It's such an awesome show. Next time we meet I'll bring a burnt copy of the DVD I have, over six hours of footage (and then commentary ) containing some truly hilarious work.

My favourite things include the Mr. Whippy Grands Prix, Dinner Parties, Rob Sitch as Yasser Arafat/Desmond Tutu/F.W. De Clerk... shitscared!!! Too many too mention.

Sounds not too bad. I will go one day, but I want to see Europe first.

That's four people who know of it.

"That's it. This interview is over. I don't want to talk to any of you. Except for Jane, she's a very beautiful women and I would make love to her like a tiger, like a tiiiiger..."

That would be awesome... thanks!
Arafat too.. oh gawd, the Mr Whippy thing... Pissweak world! Shirty the slightly aggressive bear... *wipes tear of mirth/nostalgia*

The US is at least cheaper than Europe at the moment! Urge to go back to Hawaii, rising....
Old 08-05-2008, 07:03 AM   #262

Quote:

That would be awesome... thanks!
Arafat too.. oh gawd, the Mr Whippy thing... Pissweak world! Shirty the slightly aggressive bear... *wipes tear of mirth/nostalgia*

The US is at least cheaper than Europe at the moment! Urge to go back to Hawaii, rising....
Tony Martin as Warren Perso, creator of arthouse movies such as 'Filipino Furburger' and 'Confessions of a Bloke With a Really Big Donger'... ah they don't make em like they used to.

Ooh did you make it to the Hawaii concert?
Old 08-05-2008, 07:03 AM   #263
Vocal parasite

I get a phone call and some of you sod off! Have a good one!

And where have Kim and Jen got to? They've both rather uncomfortably vanished ...

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-05-2008, 07:06 AM   #264
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnaminson View Post
i have to go too. Got to pick up Mr Cin from work. . .
Seeya!

Quote:
Ah ok, nice! Where in the city? What's it called?
No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!!

I have a small amount of paranoia about broadcasting all the details of my life online... it's probably far too late by now to worry about that and I've probably mentioned it all at other times, but there you go. *L*

The building I work in is around William st/Flinders St... kinda near the Aquarium.

*phears teh stalkerz*
Old 08-05-2008, 07:06 AM   #265
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I remember you telling me about that I think.

Oh and by the way, when I got off work yesterday I went to wog school. I walked from HWT to Southbank, to Flinders, then caught a train to Melb Central, then got off, walked round the block to get a tram to the uni at the end of the line, to discover I could have caught #67 I think it was from Flinders and it would have saved me all the trouble.
Yeah, some fucked up druggie who chased me. I've spent enough time around St Kilda to know that it's a dodgy-as-hell suburb despite what impression it might like to give to the world.

There's shitloads of trams that would have saved you the trouble there!

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-05-2008, 07:07 AM   #266
Vocal parasite

Quote:
No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!!

I have a small amount of paranoia about broadcasting all the details of my life online... it's probably far too late by now to worry about that and I've probably mentioned it all at other times, but there you go. *L*

The building I work in is around William st/Flinders St... kinda near the Aquarium.

*phears teh stalkerz*
I'll see you tomorrow. :stalk:

... wait, we'd planned that already.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-05-2008, 07:07 AM   #267

Visit: Champagne Comedy: The Late Show fan page. Forum, clips, D-Generation news or The Late Show - Australian Champagne Comedy 1992-1993 or

I also love Tony Martin's ragging on Neil Diamond, good as he is.

Or when he gets a letter from a fan about Cameron(?) Daddo which uses the word 'pisstake' to which Tony goes "which comes from the Italian piss-tah-kay"

night
Old 08-05-2008, 07:08 AM   #268
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Sounds cool as Go for it. Just rug up I think.

(Can't you get a visa if you're 31 years old?)
Yeah, I'll be getting some thermals at the Snowgum sale, I think!

You can't get that specific working holiday visa if you're 31 or over, no. There are probably other visas you could apply for, but they'd all have different requirements etc...

And seeya!

And Danny... you'll never be a proper postwhore if you keep multiquoting like that.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:09 AM   #269
Vocal parasite

Quote:
And Danny... you'll never be a proper postwhore if you keep multiquoting like that.
He likes his multiquote too much.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-05-2008, 07:10 AM   #270
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Ooh did you make it to the Hawaii concert?
No... by the time I wanted to go, it was far too late and I'd already spent the money on the plane ticket for last year's holiday.

Oh for a time machine!

Tags
superthread