Booze, North Yorkshire Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oooh, that sounds nice. I can't wait to get out of home too.

I'm just having conflicting interests in what I want to study, its either Civil Engineering for work, or Media Studies/Journalism.

I know I'd possibly do better at the Media Studies/Journalism, because I'd find writing more interesting than Engineerings Physics , Chemistry and Maths! :down:

What the hell has Firefox done? It's reorganised my bookmarks and has deleted a few of them.

Less annoying then deleting all of the fucking things, I guess.

Ugh, yeah, mine's done that to me before. Deleted everything beyond a certain point in the list after an upgrade. Bloody pain, especially as I'm not one to bother with upgrades much. Half the time, when I update, it's because that bloody "an update is available" screen pops up while I'm typing and I accidentally accept it before I even know it's there.

Hey Daniel! :wave: (Edit: And Ian.)

I'm sure Ian and I can both rant at you about the bad side of journalism! :laugh:

Hey Daniel! :wave: (Edit: And Ian.)

I'm sure Ian and I can both rant at you about the bad side of journalism! :laugh:

:lol: :hmm:

Well i just seem to think, and enjoyable is probably a poor choice of words, but I think I'd think its something I'd be better at. Either way, I'm still interested in doing both courses, just gotta pick one. :shrug:

I'm just having conflicting interests in what I want to study, its either Civil Engineering for work, or Media Studies/Journalism.

I know I'd possibly do better at the Media Studies/Journalism, because I'd find writing more interesting than Engineerings Physics , Chemistry and Maths! :down:

Interesting. I'm not finding Journalism all that interesting, but I'd relate that to two factors: One, I didn't realise they taught you to be vapid, and two is that I realised last year it isn't what I want to do.

However, since it actually interests you, it sounds like a better fit.

I will say I'm really enjoying the media studies segment of the course.

Hmm, how does that work?, would that mean 7 Years of Uni?, I'm not so sure I could handle Maths, Physics and Chem (which aren't my strongest points...) and then go off and write essays :lol:

:lol: True, it'd probably be far too much work. All I know is that Arts/Law is 5 years, and pretty intense.

Interesting. I'm not finding Journalism all that interesting, but I'd relate that to two factors: One, I didn't realise they taught you to be vapid, and two is that I realised last year it isn't what I want to do.

However, since it actually interests you, it sounds like a better fit.

I will say I'm really enjoying the media studies segment of the course.

Well I think I'll enjoy it, from what I've read up on the course it sounds interesting. As I'd like to go into, I don't know, maybe sports writing if i chose that course.

While on the other hand, I've been set on doing the Civil Engineering course for a while now, I've had about 15 months now, work experience in that, so yeah I don't know. I'd like to just sort it out! :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom