Boonoo Boonoo River, New South Wales Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
which one? between my mom and me, i'm familiar with so many, at least the ones legal here.

like it shocked me that neosporin (antibiotic ointment for cuts) wasn't sold there. when i fell back in may and skinned up my knee and leg pretty badly (and then had to go camping that weekend thus meaning it couldn't be properly cleaned all weekend, yay) i'm sure putting neosporin on it immediately was what prevented it from getting infected.

Pretty sure it was prednisolone. You could get prednisone (or something), but prednisolone I used to use if I had a really bad flare-up and needed my skin to calm down for a couple of days. I stopped using it a). because I almost always got bad rebound flares after three or four days and b). I was able to get much better stuff. Mycophenolate + tacrolimus (in tablet form) have made my skin look miraculously clear this year.

man you all suck

post things

Sorry, was eating and watching Media Watch, who of course were covering the media's reaction to the Orange Fascist. Man were there some good headlines responding to that disaster.

fair warning i'm medsposting/remnants of uh, idk what you'd say? 420posting? this damn migraine won't go away so i'm trying everything but now i'm bored until i pass out so i'm on here

That's tempting.

But I might just stick with the wine I was about to open. It hopefully will help cure my cold, and won't fuck me up as much if I decide to keep marking essays this evening.

Pretty sure it was prednisolone. You could get prednisone (or something), but prednisolone I used to use if I had a really bad flare-up and needed my skin to calm down for a couple of days. I stopped using it a). because I almost always got bad rebound flares after three or four days and b). I was able to get much better stuff. Mycophenolate + tacrolimus (in tablet form) have made my skin look miraculously clear this year.
oh okay yeah, i've taken prednisone before but not prednisolone. one time i had to get it injected in my foot when i had tendonitis. but i've also taken it in pill form when i had a pain eczema flare-up. it stops me from itching but man i get moody and have horrible hot flashes.

luckily i can usually get by with just this cream called cera ve. it's otc so it's non-steroidal which makes me happy. it isn't made in australia but if you want to check it out: http://www.cerave.com/our-products/moisturizers/moisturizing-cream

the steroidal cream i use though if i do need to use one is fluocinonide. that one is made in australia!

i also couple this all with special soaps. i can't even use scented stuff. i use dove cleanser in the shower (the regular kind, i love the pink one but it gives me eczema so i just deal with not smelling like much of anything) and on my face, two aveeno products, both in the ultra calming line: the facial cleanser and moisturiser.

and cocoa butter. ugh it helps me so much because if i don't moisturise right when i get out of the shower, my skin gets way too tight and itchy.

I don't use anything in the shower any more. One day earlier this year I ran out of QV cream, and I already suspected it had very little effect so I held off on buying a new one to test how I went over a fortnight. No change, so I haven't used anything since.

But I use my regular moisturiser immediately after. It's one that's compounded for me by the pharmacist - it's 10% white soft paraffin, 10% liquid paraffin, and 10% glycerol in aqueous cream. Never used anything even half as effective.

As for a cream, I've been on advantan for some years now. I find I usually need to change after a few years because whatever I was on stops being effective - elocon and elidel both used to be great, but ceased to be. Advantan is still going strong for now though. And I could even get it compounded into the moisturiser, but the one time I did that I felt it made very little difference and wasn't worth the additional effort to get it.

These Crowded House bonus discs, on a completely unrelated note, are great.

Are either of you planning to buy the reissues? Because if not, I could "help"... *coughcough*

I'm sorry, nothing will ever convince me to take that place seriously.

Also, are they the one that prints Jesus shit on their packaging?

Also, are they the one that prints Jesus shit on their packaging?
yeah but it's very hard to notice. a tiny scripture (just like ezekiel 13:17) on the bottom of a cup, like as in the underside, not a whole quote. you'd never know it was there unless you looked or randomly noticed it.

chick-fil-a is more in-your-face with their christianity imo.

yeah but it's very hard to notice. a tiny scripture (just like ezekiel 13:17) on the bottom of a cup, like as in the underside, not a whole quote. you'd never know it was there unless you looked or randomly noticed it.

chick-fil-a is more in-your-face with their christianity imo.

I don't mind, and to be fair, will respect that. They ain't slapping you in the face, but they're putting themselves out there.

If White Castle had a QR of Barack Obama, would we bitch?

Oh fuck it, I live in Auckland. I can get banoffee dumplings for free.

I DISCOVERED YESTERDAY NOBODY IN MY OFFICE KNOWS WHAT BANOFFEE IS.

HOW THE ACTUAL FUCK DO YOU GET TO YOUR LATE TWENTIES/EARLY THlRTIES WITHOUT EVER ENCOUNTERING BANOFFEE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom