Boonoo Boonoo River, New South Wales Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's like this is already drifting back to a dormant state. :lol:
seriously! boo. you guys suck. i had an excuse, i was at a music festival and the grounds had no service (plus who wants to be on their phone then) and then i was driving from the st. louis area to memphis, then to huntsville (both are about four hours) in one day.

the latter drive was actually really fun since i was by myself (we'd taken his car up to memphis so he had to drive it back) so i could play anything i wanted and just jammed the fuck out, dancing and driving.

Surely the best gifts to give are those that are really for yourself.
:lol: true! i was kinda thinking of myself when i bought him all new sheets and stuff like "here, these are so soft and pretty without being girly and feel much nicer"

We used to have a journal ranking system by discipline in Australia. It's been deprecated now, but I still have the History one saved. It had its flaws, including some bizarre low rankings or omissions, but I sometimes still use it as a tiebreaker when I can't decide where to submit something. I usually work by status; you tend to get to know the leading journals with time, and my attitude is to aim high or go home.

i'll probably have to bite the bullet and do that. i've been putting off working on it for a month now. since getting published in my case means also securing rights (since it's translations of journal articles), i've learned the hard way i gotta find a publisher first before getting the rights which baffles me but okay.

at least two works are in the same field so theoretically one journal could accept both.

i'll probably have to bite the bullet and do that. i've been putting off working on it for a month now. since getting published in my case means also securing rights (since it's translations of journal articles), i've learned the hard way i gotta find a publisher first before getting the rights which baffles me but okay.

at least two works are in the same field so theoretically one journal could accept both.

Oh god, that just sounds tedious. Academic publishers can be horrible to work with too, or at least the large multinationals that own a shit-tonne of journals. I can't speak highly enough of how good Otago Uni Press have been to me with the book.

Good first half of rugby so far tonight. Both New Zealand and Wales have reason to feel aggrieved for having a try each robbed from them too - the NZ one was clearly downward pressure, not sure why the refs insisted on control when that's not in the rules, and for Wales right at the end of the half they were on the try line and I can't believe how many All Blacks were committing infringements and managed not to get penalised for it.

Oh geez this is getting really ugly for Wales. They look buggered.

Love watching the All Blacks dominate a game though.

The previous two games were the closest Wales have got to NZ in NZ. Today? 46-6. Ouch. They were cooked. Dagg's try at the end was great and really rubbed in the difference in fitness.

I thought Ian might be around for tonight's sport at least. This Wallabies vs England game is a cracker so far. Been watching it about as much as I've been watching the footy.

I thought Ian might be around for tonight's sport at least. This Wallabies vs England game is a cracker so far. Been watching it about as much as I've been watching the footy.

I was watching the All Blacks and Warriors at my girlfriend's place with a phone on zero battery!

The All Blacks were unwatchable by halftime - Wales were never in it. It would have been alarming if the Chiefs had the biggest winning margin on tour lol.

And I've now just polished off that aforementioned glass of red as a reward. Tastes damn fine.

I love how much of a character he was. I felt like it gave me licence to really go for it myself and use maybe slightly more colourful and evocative language than I might've in a dead serious let's-talk-legislation sort of interview.

Really hope he gets me back, it was a blast.

I hadn't expected your Kiwi accent to still be as strong as it is, given how long you've lived in Australia. Your little bit on the project last year wasn't quite enough to give me a good idea of your accent.

The enthusiasm in the conversation is contagious. It's genuinely appealing to listen to. Great job!

I hadn't expected your Kiwi accent to still be as strong as it is, given how long you've lived in Australia. Your little bit on the project last year wasn't quite enough to give me a good idea of your accent.

Hah I have absolutely no idea what my accent sounds like any more, because sometimes I get comments like this, and sometimes I get asked "you're a Kiwi, really? Never would've guessed, you don't sound like one at all!"

I definitely sound more Australian the more I have to drink, and I think my Kiwi accent comes through more strongly when I speak in formal contexts. But tonight I was more relaxed than the average formal presentation.

The enthusiasm in the conversation is contagious. It's genuinely appealing to listen to. Great job!

Exactly what I thought - a follow up would be brilliant.

Thanks guys! :up:

I'm getting into the world of having to listen to my own voice for research purposes. I had been pleasantly surprised, though.

I still bloody hate listening to my own voice even after getting somewhat used to it while writing content last year based on interviews that I did.

Having to listen to my own voice was the main minus in deciding to do audio interviews for my research. I think I will get used to it, I think it helps that my voice is quite clear.

I spent the better part of two years editing my own voice in uni when I was a radio major.

Then I had to hear it when we reviewed phone calls I took at ANZ. That fun went on for four years until I got promoted.

So approximately six years of regularly hearing my own voice. Still fucking hate it.

i'm gonna have to give the interview a listen in a sec.

i absolutely hate hearing my voice as well. this past semester i had to keep listening to it because we had to upload a presentation of our final projects (and it wasn't even for a grade, talk about pointless) and the process was so poorly explained that i had huge issues with it so i had to keep hearing me talking like a six-year-old. even worse is now my boyfriend's talking about wanting to sample me singing a line from a skit that cracks us up to put in a song he wants to do. :crack: i can't sing...just because i was in chorus in middle school and for a year in high school doesn't mean shit. i was always in the background, i never once had a solo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom