Boonoo Boonoo River, New South Wales Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good lord, how much bloody longer is the country going to keep shaking.

Just when you start to think NZ is the one safe and calm part of the world too!

Geez I see it still keeps shaking. Light ones, but these aftershocks sure aren't over.

Bike itself, helmet, light, ride, surely.

I mean, OK, hi-viz may be a good idea, but I don't see many people doing it.

This morning I bought some honey to make lemon and honey drinks to soothe my murderously sore throat.

I've already eaten over half the honey.

I mean, it wasn't that big a thing of honey, but still I haven't bought honey in well over a year. I guess I'd forgotten how much I love the stuff. Manuka honey is the best.

This morning I bought some honey to make lemon and honey drinks to soothe my murderously sore throat.

I've already eaten over half the honey.

I mean, it wasn't that big a thing of honey, but still I haven't bought honey in well over a year. I guess I'd forgotten how much I love the stuff. Manuka honey is the best.

I love honey, especially Manuka. But holy shit, my teeth can't handle it! The pain is barely worth it.

Funny given I used to hate honey.

Ugh don't talk about teeth. I haven't seen a dentist in five years and have no plans to start now, even though my teeth are probably about a week from falling out.

Oh, by chain I mean a way of locking the fucker up.

I'd be a knob if I got a bike without a chain.

Yeah I figured that.

This is another reason I wouldn't be keen to get a bike. I'm paranoid about everything getting stolen. I'm actually now wary to live in a freestanding house or even a ground-level apartment because I simply feel safer being a floor or more up.

Yes, I'm that fucker at work who locks everybody else out because I assume that they, like me, have keys. Sure I was just going around the corner to fill up my water bottle and anybody getting to the room would have to pass me but DON'T TOUCH MY STUFF. [lionelhutz.gif]

I broke one over the last 14 months. I have done nothing. My teeth are fucked. As are my eyes.

No way I'm dealing with this.

Jesus man, check that out. Even I would get off my arse if that happened. I just suspect I need more fillings.

My laziness is entirely pecuniary. I would go to a dentist regularly IF IT WERE FUCKING COVERED BY MEDICARE. I hate the dentist not through some fear of dentistry but because I have no wish to inflict wounds upon my bank balance.

Seriously, how the actual fuck is EVERY OTHER PART OF THE BODY covered by Medicare, but oral health is not? Australia, your dream of universal healthcare is pretty nice but there's a scene missing.

Yeah I figured that.

This is another reason I wouldn't be keen to get a bike. I'm paranoid about everything getting stolen. I'm actually now wary to live in a freestanding house or even a ground-level apartment because I simply feel safer being a floor or more up.

Yes, I'm that fucker at work who locks everybody else out because I assume that they, like me, have keys. Sure I was just going around the corner to fill up my water bottle and anybody getting to the room would have to pass me but DON'T TOUCH MY STUFF. [lionelhutz.gif]

The only thing I never locked at ANZ was my desk unless I was going out of sight of it. Because, nobody was going to fuck with my computer faster than they were going to get a well aimed water bottle in their direction.

Since I can't take bikes on the buses, it will be for recreation only essentially. I can keep it in my sight almost constantly.

Jesus man, check that out. Even I would get off my arse if that happened. I just suspect I need more fillings.

My laziness is entirely pecuniary. I would go to a dentist regularly IF IT WERE FUCKING COVERED BY MEDICARE. I hate the dentist not through some fear of dentistry but because I have no wish to inflict wounds upon my bank balance.

Tooth is now gone enough it's not a problem.

Yes! I spent $1500 at my last dental trip. I can't afford that now.

I don't lock my desk, but that's because most of the valuable stuff in my office - i.e. hard-to-acquire books - are on the shelves for anybody to see anyway!

I do usually hide my iPod under a sheet of paper just so it's not visible when I'm out of the room during the day.

I must admit, I thought New Zealand and Australia had near-identical universal healthcare systems so I was a bit surprised in recent years to learn it's more expensive than here.

Also, I was pissed off once to discover a very effective steroid medication for eczema that's widely prescribed in Australia is not permitted in NZ!

OK, I'm sick. That's a reasonable justification to go buy dinner rather than cook it, isn't it?

I can't tell if I'm trying to justify this to myself because I'm trying to be healthy or because I'm a tightwad. Dangerous combo, anyway.

I don't lock my desk, but that's because most of the valuable stuff in my office - i.e. hard-to-acquire books - are on the shelves for anybody to see anyway!

I do usually hide my iPod under a sheet of paper just so it's not visible when I'm out of the room during the day.

In theory we could be fired if we didn't lock our desks. The worst that would happen was some smart cunt (ie....me with my newbies) would flip the left screen to be left side up, and the right screen to be right side up.

Phones etc I picked up and returned as soon as I saw the person.

I must admit, I thought New Zealand and Australia had near-identical universal healthcare systems so I was a bit surprised in recent years to learn it's more expensive than here.

Also, I was pissed off once to discover a very effective steroid medication for eczema that's widely prescribed in Australia is not permitted in NZ!

Fatty Cream bro. It'll sort you in no time. I used it on an unexpected breakout recently and it came good.

Fatty Cream bro. It'll sort you in no time. I used it on an unexpected breakout recently and it came good.

Oh now I'm on a very complex bunch of medications, including a special prescription moisturiser that is the fucking bee's knees. I make sure my stocks are more than sufficient every time I leave the country because there's no way I'm getting half of this shit when I'm on holiday. Some of it even my GP here can't prescribe, only a dermatologist.

Buy it, but put it on a plate. Then you kinda have got an escape both ways.

Haha, I'm a pretentious wanker who does that anyway. Even when I go around to other people's places for pizza, I'll swipe one of their plates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom