Boonoo Boonoo River, New South Wales Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame you can't comb forward to cover your PERSONALITY!

Ooh yeah feel that scorching burn.

I sometimes have this awesome image in my mind of what U2 would be like if they weren't famous, just a bunch of mates at the pub. Edge would definitely have a combover - one of the really elaborate, brylcreemed ones - and mutton chops. Bono would probably be like 300lb (as they put it in the imperial units). Larry would probably look about how he does now only he'd be a meth junkie.

Last edited:
Larry's face would have caved in at least ten years sooner.

I'm downing some wine too, but also have the worries.

Yes, it has a habit of being that way.

Now I've got stuck into an unhealthy snack to not-really-complement my wine. Living it up.

Oh and I'm also marking an essay but it's super dispiriting so I might give up and have another glass of wine instead.

Good grief! At least that means the doctor's popular? My old doctor used to be bloody hard to see and I'm gutted he retired recently. But on the other hand I seem to have found a really nice new one just up the road. Beats the bloody half hour trip out to my old one (he used to be closer, and when he shifted his practice I liked him so much that I followed).

That's good. Things were a bit awkward at my work when this one guy started his postgrad, only for us to learn that he was the ex of a best friend of one of the other postgrads, one with whom I'm very close. Apparently that relationship had... not been good.

Luckily they both got on and are now friends!

Also, I just noticed one of my friends from high school got married earlier this month. The guy's super religious, and I can't help wondering what it must be like to not discover bonking until you're almost 30, and how strange it must be. I'd say I'd like to be a fly on the wall, but geez no I don't want to see that. He belongs to one of those denominations that seems to think your first time will be this great sacred occasion too when you'll experience Jesus and the Holy Spirit. Hahahaha.

You can tell I've drifted bloody far away from these guys. A few years ago I would at least get a half-hearted invite. To be honest, not only do I not care, but I've got a far better circle of friends now. No slight on those guys, but most of us were only friends as a consequence of circumstance rather than much in the way of shared interests or temperaments or anything.

That's good. Things were a bit awkward at my work when this one guy started his postgrad, only for us to learn that he was the ex of a best friend of one of the other postgrads, one with whom I'm very close. Apparently that relationship had... not been good.

Luckily they both got on and are now friends!

I'm friends with a pretty groundbreaking ex. Like we aren't going to sit down and share some beers, but it's only awkward if you let it be. Given after we broke up we were capable of working together and laughing the only people who were awkward were our mutual friends.

I'd sooner kill her than fuck her, but you know, we're not as awkward as we ought to be.

Also, I just noticed one of my friends from high school got married earlier this month. The guy's super religious, and I can't help wondering what it must be like to not discover bonking until you're almost 30, and how strange it must be. I'd say I'd like to be a fly on the wall, but geez no I don't want to see that. He belongs to one of those denominations that seems to think your first time will be this great sacred occasion too when you'll experience Jesus and the Holy Spirit. Hahahaha.

You can tell I've drifted bloody far away from these guys. A few years ago I would at least get a half-hearted invite. To be honest, not only do I not care, but I've got a far better circle of friends now. No slight on those guys, but most of us were only friends as a consequence of circumstance rather than much in the way of shared interests or temperaments or anything.

It's a positive when you realise you've grown up and you've got your life, by choice.

When you hit the actually okay with how life is going moment, and you don't need the distant past to feel any definition anymore.

Also, thanks so much for that mental image.

I suppose it helped that I always wanted to get the fuck out of that school and that city. There are various times and places for which I am nostalgic, but my teenage years? Good fuck no.

I don't even know what to do. I'm hoping a bottle of wine will help me process this.

I'm fucking scared though.

I'm drinking. I don't know when I plan to stop. This will have a global effect.

I can't wait to see how hard the markets crash. But hey, if you want an upside, the Aussie dollar may look pretty good against the US soon in case you have anything you want to order from Amazon. :happy:

I haven't stopped drinking.

I have kind of important work in the morning, and very important work on Friday.

I just don't fucking care. What an absolute calamity; words fail me. Well, I keep ranting. But words to adequately convey the ghastly horror of this do indeed fail me. I am yet to be able to believe or comprehend how even a single person could vote for him, how anybody could accept or support... almost anything he has ever said or promoted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom