Boonoo Boonoo River, New South Wales Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeez I was so cold last night I went to bed and hid really early.

Still woke up at the same time and full of energy. Today I need to sort out getting some shelves and cabinets so I can complete unpacking. I've been totally hamstrung without those and too busy until today to actually buy anything.

I shouldn't feel bad for sleeping in on a public holiday.

But then again I'm heading into work on a public holiday. :crack:

Essays don't mark themselves, sadly.

Three boxes left. One tiny one that I always intended to keep, and two medium sized ones that are stacked and doubling as a stand for my speakers.

I do need another small shelving unit which I can pick up tomorrow. Given they're $10 and take all of 10 minutes to put together, and they're dead solid...

After that it's time to get some stuff up on the walls.

I'm rather pissed off, in that one of my framed gig posters fell off the wall a week or so ago. Strangest part is that I didn't hear it even though it happened during the night. I just came into the study the next morning and found the frame smashed in pieces on the floor.

The poster, fortunately, is OK. It's one of my favourites and will hopefully be valuable one day, since it's signed by almost all of Hideous Towns. I did pretty well picking that Alpine and Kimbra would succeed, so I want to be right with these cool kids too.

That's an odd one, that would probably wake me up without a doubt.

Then again I've slept with my window wide open facing some wild parties next door that were so loud my flatmates on the other side of the house went and demanded they turn the music down....so I don't know.

At least the poster survived!

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't think of myself as a particularly heavy sleeper. But then again I do have a history of sleeping through shit. When I was a kid I always slept through earthquakes.

Interesting. Six days ago I went to the mall and did a small amount of grocery shopping, and the walk back nearly killed me, and I stopped several times.

Today I got similar groceries and carried a small flatpack bookshelf back with me and only stopped leaving the mall to wait for the crossing on the main road. I barely broke a sweat.

.....there's no way I'm that much fitter in six days.

I've slept soundly through epic fucking Queensland storms.

Yet my neighbour's blinds banging on their window in the breeze will wake me up sure as shit.

Worst wakeup I've had was a clap of thunder directly overhead. The lightning was enough to wake me up just in time to have a heart attack at the loudest thunder I've ever heard.

Didn't need any caffeine for the rest of the day.

I think what this is doing is causing many on the left to re-evaluate Assange, in particular whether or not they are willing to overlook some of his more unsavoury or dodgy personal qualities. His unwillingness to curate his dumps of information has always been problematic simply from the perspective of trying to locate what's actually important, and his conflation of curation with censorship is bizarre. But I certainly think I was too ready to look past the disclosure of some information back during the first major dumps because I took pleasure in the US being on the back foot. Personal information of low-level individuals was outright unnecessary; it contributed literally nothing to his objectives, while actively harming those it exposed.

I also find his failure to actually practice his own ideology of "radical transparency" to be a huge fucking red flag. The man's behaviour in the last four years has increasingly soured me towards him. I have always been profoundly uncomfortable with the rape allegations, which have been so poorly handled by both sides as to compound the situation of the women involved. And it must be said that exposing war crimes is a far cry from releasing data dumps that favour the goals of the more powerful authoritarian rulers of our time and may put in power an actual fascist - whether in active collusion or a happy convergence of objectives (I believe the latter). Putin may not be the most deplorable current dictator but Fuckknob McGee in Small Third World State lacks the global reach of Putin. And I am rather disturbed that some on the left now view Putin's Russia with more sympathy than they do with established Western democratic institutions. Fellow-travelling with the Soviet Union made more sense, and I suspect I would have done so in its early years had I been alive then. But nothing of Putin's Russia bears any resemblance to left-wing ideology.

My biggest critique, besides the unnecessary tiled album covers background, is the failure to maintain some continuity - a nod to the site's traditional blue should have been included.
yeah, the same thing with the whole thing is that the first time I've got to be a good time

Sent from my XT1575 using U2 Interference mobile app

But... who are they scamming, and how? Surely they aren't still persuading independent investors to put in money?

I'm also curious about how hilariously out of date and "retro" that 747 must be inside.

Seriously, imagine being the flight crew who were hired to do that short flight. It must've been fascinating to see inside for the first time. You'd be wondering what the hell is in there, and if anything still works!

Thirty seconds after takeoff: "didn't we have two wings a second ago?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom