Boonoo Boonoo River, New South Wales Superthread - Page 15 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive

Old 07-16-2016, 09:32 AM   #211
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 04:49 PM
A hot chocolate laced with whisky is a great idea for a cold night and I recommend it to one and all.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-16-2016, 09:35 AM   #212
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
all this commute stuff is making me hope i can make freelancing work. my commute would be about a minute.
I'm about to turn my spare room into a home office thanks to all the "no allocated space" hot desk bullshit implemented at work... not sure how desirable it would be though.

I got a desk at work back in 2012 precisely because working at home had ceased to be effective for me. I'd get distracted or be hideously unproductive. And now I'm really fond of the sociability of work. If I worked at home, sure I'll still have active weekends and stuff but I'll go days in the week without talking to anybody and I fear I'd go crazy/lonely very quickly. Plus working on campus is pretty useful from a professional perspective, and convenient being next door to the library.

So hopefully I'll be able to make one of these hot desks "freeze".

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-16-2016, 11:54 PM   #213
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 11:49 PM
the world's gone to shit since david bowie died. this is a provable fact™.

"Because a senator - a politician - a person - who can let hang in mid-air the prospect that she might just be sticking around in part, just in case the other guy gets shot - has no business being, and no capacity to be, the President of the United States." -- Keith Olbermann
Old 07-17-2016, 02:53 PM   #214
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 09:49 PM
People of New Zealand. Where do you watch your movies legally? Do you have a certain normal site you would rent movies from? I am involved in a gift exchange on Reddit, and I stupidly said I'd go international, now the person I picked said they wanted a movie recommendation, so I wanted to get them a $10 Amazon gift card and three movies to watch with it, but now it's like, oh wait, you can't stream movies off of Amazon in NZ?
Old 07-17-2016, 04:42 PM   #215
Vocal parasite

Not being much of a movie watcher, I could barely answer that for Australia, let alone New Zealand.

Ian?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-18-2016, 02:29 PM   #216
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

yeah, there's no nz version of amazon. you could see if you could get them a nz itunes card. idk how it works buying gift cards for international versions though. this makes it seem like it's not possible unless you were to set up a proxy. but surely if it's too much of a pain, you could just paypal them the money.

"Because a senator - a politician - a person - who can let hang in mid-air the prospect that she might just be sticking around in part, just in case the other guy gets shot - has no business being, and no capacity to be, the President of the United States." -- Keith Olbermann
Old 07-18-2016, 04:43 PM   #217
Vocal parasite

I recall that when my father bought me an NZ iTunes gift card, I couldn't use it through the Australian iTunes store, which was a huge fucking pain in the arse.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-18-2016, 05:18 PM   #218
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 09:49 PM
Ughhhhhhhh, why can't we all just be a big happy family and use the same websites.
Old 07-19-2016, 06:32 AM   #219
Blue Crack Addict

Because none of the big companies can make any money otherwise.
Old 07-19-2016, 07:57 AM   #220
Vocal parasite

Don't you love it when you get a new keyboard and you keep hitting basically every key just to the left or right of the one you want because it's slightly different in shape to the keyboard you're used to?

Because the tiny little bluetooth keyboard that's come with my new iMac is causing me to type some unbelievable abominations.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-19-2016, 08:06 AM   #221
Vocal parasite

I'm trying to decide if I should probably not buy things while at least a bit drunk, or if the fact I've never once regretted a drunk purchase means I should definitely buy things.

Oh, it's bedtime. Well I guess that's money saved then.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-19-2016, 10:51 PM   #222
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

i had/have the keyboard issue when using my pc. i'm too used to my macbook pro.

i love having to use two computers! yay! (i could sell my macbook since the pc is what i need for school but you'll pry macs from my cold, dead hands)

Old 07-19-2016, 11:49 PM   #223
Vocal parasite

I can't even use PCs any more. God Windows is an ugly OS.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-20-2016, 04:47 AM   #224
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:49 AM
I do hate Windows but i particularly don't like Mac, either. I do use Apple products pretty consistently as my dad has been Apple fan since 90s.
Old 07-20-2016, 05:55 AM   #225
Vocal parasite

Boonoo Boonoo River, New South Wales Superthread

At least when Apple design something it's clear somebody thought about the aesthetics and appearance. Windows products look and run like somebody slapped shit together as quickly and cheaply as possible.

Which is funny for me to say, because I remember disliking Macs in the late nineties for an ugly OS. Windows back then seemed to be the better designed product but they have long since lost their edge. I'm sure Apple will too in the fullness of time.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread