Books

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have $50 to spend. So far I have The Book of Laughter and Forgetting by Milan Kundera.

:|

Need more books. :crack:

just but anything you can bt Piers Anthony
he is a genius
I suggest starting with the Xanth series
If yer into fantasy/sci-fi

Yeah, I read the Xanth series ten or eleven years ago. Not bad. :) Night Mare was my favourite.

I like all kinds of books. Not sci-fi so much, unless it's not TOO science-y. And not cheesey fantasy or romance or mystery. Really, though, I like everything. That's my problem. :sigh:

I'm thinking about getting The Mothman Prophecies. Has anyone read it?

the shining and the long walk, both by stephen king.. the long walk isn't like any of his other books, but it's excellent. the shining is one of my favorite books of all time :drool:
and also lotr but I'm sure you've read those already :|

meegannie said:
And not cheesey fantasy or romance or mystery.

Yeah, you wanna stay away from those. :laugh:

A friend has recommended "Me Talk Pretty One Day" by David Sedaris and "Acquired Tastes" by Peter Mayle. Mayle is British, if that helps. ;)

Read the Alienist.

it is amazing.

it is not about aliens.

it will give you a much greater appreciation for "The Gangs of New York..."

Sorry to sound so boring but you should read "Crime and Punishment" by Dostoevsky. Although it's not for everyone. I would also like to recommend "Lenin's Tomb". It won a Pulitzer Prize.
I kinda only read Russian/Soviet literature and tons of History and Biography stuff. It's ok, you can :yawn:

Read the Alienist.

Yes! I loved that book. Though I didn't like Angel of Darkness as much.

Sorry to sound so boring but you should read "Crime and Punishment" by Dostoevsky. Although it's not for everyone. I would also like to recommend "Lenin's Tomb". It won a Pulitzer Prize.

I read C&P several years ago. :up: I don't think I've read Lenin's Tomb. It sounds familiar, though. Maybe I own it....? :shrug:

If you want a really easy read, read Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli, its an amazing book and it only took me like an hour to read, its about 200 pages long. Another good one that I'm reading right now is Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson.

Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom