books

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Da Vinci Code was a decent story that went awry with really awful writing. :shudder: I wonder what a better writer could have done with it.

The source material is very interesting. But Dan Brown is an eighth rate hack. I sometimes think about becoming a writer just to write stories about an eighth rate hack named Dan Brown that constantly gets rejected and dies penniless and miserable. If I could bring such a universe into existence, it'd be totally worth it.

Has anyone figured out that multi-worlds theory in physics? Is it right? Cause I'm game if it'll work. Let me know. Thanks.

The source material is very interesting. But Dan Brown is an eighth rate hack. I sometimes think about becoming a writer just to write stories about an eighth rate hack named Dan Brown that constantly gets rejected and dies penniless and miserable. If I could bring such a universe into existence, it'd be totally worth it.

Has anyone figured out that multi-worlds theory in physics? Is it right? Cause I'm game if it'll work. Let me know. Thanks.

I'd buy it. :love:

Hey, next on my list is Cloud Atlas, as soon as I've finished Ground Beneath Her Feet, which I find kind of meh, and as a result it's taken me nearly all summer to slog through because I keep putting it down to read other things. Sarah read it recently, and loved it, and has been urging me to read it since.

I don't know too many people that have read it. As you know, I loved it a lot.....cannot believe how long ago it was that I read it!

I'm so happy we finally got a book thread that lasted before it disappeared onto page 50 of the forum or something. :)

Hey did you ever hear that joke about the Jewish guy and the Chinese guy? The Jewish guy says "I have a lot of respect for your people, but I really can't forgive what you guys did at Pearl Harbor." The Chinese guy laughs and says "But my friend, that was the Japanese, not the Chinese." The Jewish guy says "Ahh Chinese, Japanese, what's the difference?"

Flustered, the Chinese man says "Well the Jews aren't exactly innocent either. I mean, think of all those people that died when the Titanic sank." The Jewish man is dumbfounded. "What? The Titanic ran into an iceberg! We had nothing to do with it!" The Chinese man smiles and says "Iceberg, Goldberg, what's the difference?"

Thank you. I'll be queer all week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom