Book Club: for the first time???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Which book to read first?

• Heart of Darkness

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • The Pearl

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • Billy Budd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Frankenstein

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • The Heart is A Lonely Hunter

• Turn of the Screw

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Dr Jeckyll

• Stranger in a Strange Land

• Of Mice and Men

• To Kill a Mocking Bird

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • The Once And Future King

• The Name Of The Rose

• Anna Karenina

Votes: 2 5.3%

Votes: 11 28.9%

• Total voters
snowbunny00774 said:
Did no one read my suggestions on how to organize the club in the original thread :sad: ??

I don't really like the idea of posting and just labelling spoilers, as this can discourage discussion, and give people who are speed readers way more opportunity to post without actual dialogue from everyone. If you were in a real book club, would you call everyone up before the appointed meeting time to say "tell me if someone should hang up now, but what did you think of the scarlet guy battering the plum guy in the library with the candlestick? you did ?? great!! I know we only said to read to chapter 15, but I really wanted to share my thoughts now!!"

It's late and I'm very tired so hopefully someone made sense of that attempted scenario and can explain it better...

I've read both leading books before, and I'm fine with doing them again.

I'm so sorry snowbunny! I did read it, then completely forgot b/c I am a doof. :hug:

Can I just say that I'm REALLY excited that 1984 is in the lead now? I gotta remember to pack it! :hyper:

Someone break the tie, PLEASE. I see 34 people voted. does that mean we will have at least 34 participants? I hope so :hyper:

Can you comment if you aren't going to be joining? :lol: I did Frankenstein in my third year Women's Lit class in university and it was okay, The Pearl I read in high school and it was a bit depressing... My vote would go to 1984 :wink:

Back
Top Bottom